Favorite 80's video you used to watch on mtv

kimrose

Reaction score
DL Roth is kind of interesting because he went on his own after VH but I thought neither was great without the other. One thing I will say about DL Roth is this. I was at a fund raiser this past year to raise money for the children/families of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty. It's a national organization which I will leave nameless. In any event, I looked at the sponsors who are identified by the amount they donate to the charity (ie: silver, gold, platinum or something to that effect). One of the premium sponsors was DL Roth and when I asked one of the organizers, they said he was one of the biggest yearly contributors and his donations were significant. I don't know the man or his background and maybe he gets a certain label as a rock star who's had his share of vices in his time which is probably why I was surprised to see him donating to this specific charity. Either way, I had a new found respect for the man.

I am not surprised by this at all. Dave is a great guy. Whatever his antics and transgressions back in the day, he was wild and crazy and great! I totally love what you just told me about him. It confirms what I believe in him to be true. He is wonderful. I am glad he still has the money to contribute so much, however anonymously he does it. He may think that since so much time has gone by, DL Roth would not be noticed. But he has so many fans that still love him, how could he think we would not know who that is??;)

kimrose

Reaction score
Some other favorites...

OMG, Michael. I cannot believe what you posted. I wanted to post Til Tuesday so bad, but decided not to, would be awkward after Lane (my hubby) posting the "she's still drinking" comment. lol. And I searched and searched for the original video for Big Country, but when I realized Youtube doesn't have it, I decided not to post another video for it. I absolutely loved In A Big Country. It was one of my favorite songs in the 80s. Thanks for posting an alternate video, that I was not brave enough to.
:thumbup:

cml750

Reaction score
DL Roth is kind of interesting because he went on his own after VH but I thought neither was great without the other. One thing I will say about DL Roth is this. I was at a fund raiser this past year to raise money for the children/families of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty. It's a national organization which I will leave nameless. In any event, I looked at the sponsors who are identified by the amount they donate to the charity (ie: silver, gold, platinum or something to that effect). One of the premium sponsors was DL Roth and when I asked one of the organizers, they said he was one of the biggest yearly contributors and his donations were significant. I don't know the man or his background and maybe he gets a certain label as a rock star who's had his share of vices in his time which is probably why I was surprised to see him donating to this specific charity. Either way, I had a new found respect for the man.

I loved Van Halen with Roth and also loved Van "Hagar" although I really thought of them as two different bands because the sound was so different when Sammy came aboard.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The middle of the road is no private cul-de-sac
I can't get from the cab to the curb
Without some little jerk on my back

nablives

Reaction score

As a young man when it came out, this one kept me from turning the channel. I have to admit, it didn't have a whole lot to do with the music. :thumbup:

Dodger12

Reaction score
I loved Van Halen with Roth and also loved Van "Hagar" although I really thought of them as two different bands because the sound was so different when Sammy came aboard.

You're right. I have cassette tapes :)eek:) from VH with both Sammy and DLR. Both were great but Roth was such a showman and that added to the videos and increased interest in the band. I thought the 80's was a great time for all types of music, whether it be the big hair bands, British bands, Beastie Boys, Roger Daltrey (Under a Raging Moon was a great album), Phil Collins, etc.

And did anyone really think CD's would work? I resisted buying CD's for the longest time until cassette tapes were being discontinued which forced me to spend the money to buy CD's and a CD player. My kids think I'm nuts when I downloaded all my CD's onto iTunes and iPod.......old school.