Favorite 80's video you used to watch on mtv

kimrose

Reaction score
Even Engelbert Humperdinck got in on the hair-thing in the 80's...

Here is a song by Engelbert that leaves me without words. I see my daddy saying goodbye to my mamma on his deathbed, every time my husband plays this. He is a huge Engelbert fan. He was a master of sentiment...A great one...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Here is a song by Engelbert that leaves me without words. I see my daddy saying goodbye to my mamma on his deathbed, every time my husband plays this. He is a huge Engelbert fan. He was a master of sentiment...A great one...

Yeah, some of those songs really pull you apart.

Hubby has good taste. Engelbert, Tom jones... Big time players alongside Elvis.

EH - a man without love, please release me, after the loving
TJ - Green, green grass of home ,she's a lady, Delilah, I'll never fall in love again

It's funny, Tom and engelbert, back in the day had the ladies going googoogaga over them... So much so that women would throw their panties on stage.

Fast forward to early 2000's, he is about 65-ish, (me and friend were 35/40 respectively)saw him in brooklyn concert. The ladies were too old to be doing that ....lmao

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thank you Kim!

Great song!

I admit I'm a late comer to the EH party!

Dodger12

Reaction score
Yes, very abrasive. That video could be shown on toddler shows nowadays. lol. About the hint....Have you ever....seen Dave in interviews in the last 10 years or so? He is either way too high on coke these days, or he has totally come out in his own way. Anyway, it was just a joke. Just a joke. lol. I love DL Roth regardless. Just a Gigolo is one of my favorite songs.

DL Roth is kind of interesting because he went on his own after VH but I thought neither was great without the other. One thing I will say about DL Roth is this. I was at a fund raiser this past year to raise money for the children/families of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty. It's a national organization which I will leave nameless. In any event, I looked at the sponsors who are identified by the amount they donate to the charity (ie: silver, gold, platinum or something to that effect). One of the premium sponsors was DL Roth and when I asked one of the organizers, they said he was one of the biggest yearly contributors and his donations were significant. I don't know the man or his background and maybe he gets a certain label as a rock star who's had his share of vices in his time which is probably why I was surprised to see him donating to this specific charity. Either way, I had a new found respect for the man.

cml750

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all the memories in this thread!!! I have truly enjoyed streaming some of these videos to my Chromecast with the volume turned up to my stereo connected to my TV. One video, which is probably politically incorrect now days so I will not post a link or embed it, is Dire Straights " Money for Nothing". That video and song was an MTV anthem back then even though it would not be accepted today.

Last edited:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
So do you remember the original lead guitarist for the Scorps?
And kudos for train train.......that always get things a rockin.

And the chick for bow wow wow....
Annabelle something orother......hmm mm used to fantasize about her.

Michael Schenker

brother of Rudolf

left to go play with ufo:

i had 3 favorite bands growing up...

kiss
lynyrd skynyrd
scorpions

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Michael Schenker

brother of Rudolf

left to go play with ufo:

I love Michael S, but was always a bigger fan of Uli Jon Roth and Matthias dosnt even deserve a mention. Uli had a huge influence on Yngwie that you can hear very easily in his playing. I saw UFO open for Ozzy with RR in early 82 just before the accident. They were a band that never got the recognition they deserved ala Thin Lizzy.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
I love Michael S, but was always a bigger fan of Uli Jon Roth and Matthias dosnt even deserve a mention. Uli had a huge influence on Yngwie that you can hear very easily in his playing. I saw UFO open for Ozzy with RR in early 82 just before the accident. They were a band that never got the recognition they deserved ala Thin Lizzy.

uli and matthias were freaking awesome.

so glad i got to see the scorps in 1984 live at the summit in houston..

i was one happy 17 year old.