Dexter Coakley.
Jk

Emmitt and the Playmaker
Then Aikman, Dez, Romo, Larry Allen, D Ware, Tony Dorsett, Roger Staubach,

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Emmitt Smith, no doubt.

I played RB in middle and high school and he was who I wanted to be. He ran with power and speed but his vision was unmatched. He could move laterally without losing his straight-line speed. Made his O line better with his patience and ability to read blocks and set up LBs to take bad angles. Rarely went down from arm tackles and routinely made the first guy miss. He was truly great.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith, no doubt.

I played RB in middle and high school and he was who I wanted to be. He ran with power and speed but his vision was unmatched. He could move laterally without losing his straight-line speed. Made his O line better with his patience and ability to read blocks and set up LBs to take bad angles. Rarely went down from arm tackles and routinely made the first guy miss. He was truly great.

;) Also don't forget Madden said Emmitt had Bouncibility :laugh:

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Tony Dorsett! My name was Tony and last name started with a D. Many times I was called Dorsett when I played HB.

Mannix

Reaction score
Dorsett growng up...still don't know how we hoodwinked Seattle for him...later years is The Playmaker....in a runaway.

Pokes12

Reaction score
And tell us all why.

There are many players I liked over the years. From Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, Troy Aikman to Roger Staubach to name a few. It's obvious that Tony Romo is my favorite. My reason is this was a guy that went undrafted from Eastern Illinois. Not too many gave him a chance but somehow, someway willed his way to be the starter of the Dallas Cowboys. While he didn't win a Super Bowl , he did break many Cowboy's QB records. Enjoyed watching him play throughout the years.
wattnomatch4romo.0.gif

Dandy Don Meredith

manster4ever

Reaction score
ed "too tall" jones.
larger than life.
he was Elvis in shoulder pads to me.

Yep, when he wasn't sacking the QB he was altering his delivery...couldn't throw over or around that bad boy. Played the run very well too. Dude was a total freak of nature and a gentleman off the field too. Great choice by you.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith, no doubt.

Truth....what a dynamic talent he was. I think I'll go watch some of his runs now on youtube. Guy was just unreal.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Yep, when he wasn't sacking the QB he was altering his delivery...couldn't throw over or around that bad boy. Played the run very well too. Dude was a total freak of nature and a gentleman off the field too. Great choice by you.
one of the greatest run defenders i ever saw.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Tony Dorsett came into the league when I was seven. LOVED the way the looked running the ball. That lean.