Favorite Cowboys player of all-time?

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Bob Hayes. I was a kid when I saw his finish in the 1964 Olympic relay. Final leg, from next to last to 1st by 5 yards. I later found out he forgot his cleats and borrowed a pair.

The reason I started running, quarter miler in HS. Marathoner in my 20s.

The fact that Dallas drafted him in the 7th round, that was just the chocolate, on the M&Ms, on the butter pecan ice cream, with my parents and siblings out the house.

My all time favorite football player. Emmitt comes close, but Hayes was from my childhood, even before he was a Cowboy.

ICP

Reaction score
Too hard to pick one
Emmitt
Staubach
Irvin
White
Woodson
I absolutely loved how nasty Eric Williams was and Parsons is making a case to get on the list

stuckindc

Reaction score
Randy White
Giving 100% is a cliche, to everyone, except for this part man part monster.
Mean motor.
Plays possessed.
Absolutely on of a kind.
Not to take lightly on or off the field.

He and Roger got class.
Good story about how Haley drove his bike into Randy’s restaurant and Randy asked him to leave and Haley wouldn’t so he knocked him out then helped him up and out.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Story about Troy the dark days 1-15 rookie yr talk going around that Johnson wasn’t cut out for the pros after coming over from. Ok St well Troy got just lit up he was the kind of QB who stood in the pocket took the punishment if memory serves it was a Cardinals game. Hit right under the chin concussion doesn’t begin to tell it . Tough hombre Troy.

This yr he says on a broadcast when is the NFL going to take the dresses off after all these roughing the passer penalties man knows of where he speaks . :starspin:

stuckindc

Reaction score
One of the best safeties I’ve ever seen
It really infuriates me that John Lynch got on before him. And that’s no slight on Lynch , he was great , no doubt. But Woody was ahead of his time. He could cover the slot, play both Free and Strong. Could stop the run like an LB. He could bring the wood. And if you compare their stats, there almost identical. Except woody has 3 Rings

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith. Loved watching him. One play that sticks out to me was in 94 when they were playing the Broncos. He made a huge block in the backfield on a blitz and then rolled up and caught a pass for 10-15 yards on the same play. It wasn't one of his highlight plays but just epitomized to me why he was the better running back over Barry Sanders. He just did everything and never came off the field. True warrior and all heart.

Last edited:

RonWashington

Reaction score
It really infuriates me that John Lynch got on before him. And that’s no slight on Lynch , he was great , no doubt. But Woody was ahead of his time. He could cover the slot, play both Free and Strong. Could stop the run like an LB. He could bring the wood. And if you compare their stats, there almost identical. Except woody has 3 Rings

Take Woody over John Lynch on a any Sunday plus a Monday night .

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson. My Favorite position has always been Linebacker, when I saw this...

TD Tony Dorsett too.