Favorite player that didn't pan out:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I thought we would see big things from Miles Austin after his breakout year. Hammy injuries killed his explosion.

It's crazy how that happened. While he didn't have the pedigree of a top NFL WR, he had great size, route running, and when the ball was in his hands he was tough to bring down. He actually had a great 2010 before Romo went out, and before the hamstring injuries began in 2011, he had 233 yards and 4 TDs.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Drew Henson
Isiah Stanback
Tyson Thompson
Tony FIametta

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Probably Tashard Choice

I really liked the kid. Thought he was better suited to play every down than Felix and Barber. But then he started screwing up and begging mike vick to sign his gloves. I didn't care for him much after that, but I thought he would eventually take over the RB1 spot

The Natural

Reaction score
arrrgg.. One of my most hated players. He had one year he played good and then the rest of the time you couldn't count on him. He was always having some kind of nagging injury too. Don't tell me I don't know anything about football either Natural. :D

You dont know anything about football :rolleyes:

In all serious though. I would think Jenkins would be appreciated a bit more around these parts, had a banged up shoulder in 2011 and showed up every week. Then you look at Claiborne aka the best corner Jerruh has graded since Deion, and he lived in the training room with a bad hammy (or whatever his 'injury' was) all year.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Joey Galloway - I think he blew out his knee in the 1st half of his only game played with Aikman at QB. The rest of his Cowboys career was marred by injury and horrid QB play.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
You dont know anything about football :rolleyes:

In all serious though. I would think Jenkins would be appreciated a bit more around these parts, had a banged up shoulder in 2011 and showed up every week. Then you look at Claiborne aka the best corner Jerruh has graded since Deion, and he lived in the training room with a bad hammy (or whatever his 'injury' was) all year.

I think Claiborne was a big ole mistake. You can tell they didn't do their home work on him. They probably got the call to move up in the draft and then said... hey.. we could grab that Claiborne guy" and then called up Les Miles and Miles raved about him, so they drafted him. Really sad. With that said, the jury is still not fully out on Clariborne.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Pacman jones. He was awesome for the titans and I knew he was out of the league a period of time but I thought he would be legit at cb and pr. Boy was I wrong.

The Natural

Reaction score
I think Claiborne was a big ole mistake. You can tell they didn't do their home work on him. They probably got the call to move up in the draft and then said... hey.. we could grab that Claiborne guy" and then called up Les Miles and Miles raved about him, so they drafted him. Really sad. With that said, the jury is still not fully out on Clariborne.

As a fan of this team I desperately hope that it pans out, but its this coming year or never in my eyes. Jerruh hasnt done these boys any favor with the frequent defensive changes but he's got to show up next year and produce.

I wont derail this thread but I've been meaning to ask how many of our guys actually do football related activities to get better in the offseason? I remember hearing about Larry Fitzgerald inviting other WR's in the league out to Arizona to train a few years back, I'd like to hear some stories coming out of Dallas about guys doing the same. I want to hear Dez is working with other elite WR's, I want to hear the OLinemen are coordinating get togethers to bond and improve their craft, etc. Unfortunately this probably goes against the fake lan label bestowed upon me by the homers.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Pac-Man
Ah thought he'd leave his troubles behind and live up to his hype.

bounce

Reaction score
Roy Williams (WR)

Huge longhorns fan and was pumped when we got him (as a player - the price was still absurd, and we were fleeced). Expected big things from him.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Tashard Choice

Runner up: Terrell Owens

Neither player was ever given a fair shake in Big D.

:special forces duck action:

For me it's Troy Hambrick. He was a beast built in the mold of Brandon Jacobs. I thought we'd finally have a punishing power back and with a good defense would get into the 4th quarter and get wins. He unfortunately bombed as a starter.