Favorite player that didn't pan out:

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Hopefully my latest one in DeMarco Murray does pan out. I went nuts when we drafted him.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
James Jones, RB that was drafted in 1980. Until his knee injury, he really looked like a player.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Henson also, I guess.

And Kareem Larrimore, who I was hoping would bud into a solid player. Just because he's from my little school, West Texas A&M.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
And Kareem Larrimore, who I was hoping would bud into a solid player. Just because he's from my little school, West Texas A&M.
Weird, I was going to say him too.

Derek Ross was also really awesome early in his career. Too bad he had a ten cent head.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I liked Henson -- thought that was a shrewd move. Still do -- he would have been a top 10 pick had he stayed in school.

physeter

Reaction score
Definitely Mike Sherrard. Great lean and speedy receiver, I was excited in '86 to see him and Walker give the Cowboys offense a new dimension. Mike then broke his leg and was never the same player.

Anyway his lack of production was a huge factor for the drafting of Irvin.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I guess for me it would be between Duane Thomas, a guy who had AP type talent but couldn't get out of the way of his own screwed up head and Todd Christensen, a guy who was so stubborn that he refused to make a position change from FB to TE with the Cowboys, but instead forced a trade to the Giants where they also tried to make him a TE and eventually landed up in Oakland where he finally resigned himself to the fact that he was a TE. He went on to become one of the best pass catching TEs I've ever seen. If he had only listened to begin with, he could have been a HOF TE for us.

Jimmy Smith and Brian Waters would be close seconds.

khiladi

Reaction score
All the players under Barry Switzer... if he was any good, we'd have maximized all the potential and had like 6 SBs and Jerry would have 'proven' his point to himself at least, that he did it his way...

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dixon Edward thought he would have did more, though he had his moments.

Tom Henderson...could have been a superstar. HOFer.....loved to watch him play...he with Duane Thomas are poster child's on how to ruin potentially great careers.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Roy Williams the Safety he just lost it in his prime.

Julius Jones

Antonio Bryant

Quincy Carter

Dat Nguyen

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Roy Williams the Safety he just lost it in his prime.

Julius Jones

Antonio Bryant

Quincy Carter

Dat Nguyen
In what way did Dat Nguyen not pan out? The guy was a fantastic linebacker for almost a decade.

udas

Reaction score
For me it's Troy Hambrick. He was a beast built in the mold of Brandon Jacobs. I thought we'd finally have a punishing power back and with a good defense would get into the 4th quarter and get wins. He unfortunately bombed as a starter.

Good thread, for me it was Antonio Bryant. Thought he would develop into a very good receiver. He showed flashes, but just couldnt get along with Parcells. Cant say I ever had any love for Troy Hambrick, I hated how he thought he was going to be the next Emmitt Smith, only better. The fact he was a dud and ended up backing up Emmitt in Arizona still brings a smile to his face. Really wish we just kept Emmitt instead