Favorite player that didn't pan out:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can think of dozens of players most who have been named. But I'll choose Drew Henson because of where we were as a team and we really needed a franchise QB to replace Aikman.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I thought Roy Williams would have a HOF career, thought Newman would be a super star for years to come. Thought Austin would be something more than a one hit wonder.

Gameover

Reaction score
Dwayne Harris when he goes to New England and becomes a star ala Woodhead

burmafrd

Reaction score
Good thread, for me it was Antonio Bryant. Thought he would develop into a very good receiver. He showed flashes, but just couldnt get along with Parcells. Cant say I ever had any love for Troy Hambrick, I hated how he thought he was going to be the next Emmitt Smith, only better. The fact he was a dud and ended up backing up Emmitt in Arizona still brings a smile to his face. Really wish we just kept Emmitt instead

Antonio Bryant was not as physically talented as some here thought he was. But in the end that did not matter as he kept getting tossed off of one team after another.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I thought after he came back from injury and started killing it that Julius Jones would become a player.

Shocked Roy Williams (S) didn't pan out.

I thought Claiborne looked legit last year. Highly regressed.

I though Q Carter was going to have a nice 2004.

I fail all around.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Antonio Bryant was not as physically talented as some here thought he was. But in the end that did not matter as he kept getting tossed off of one team after another.

He flashed more than Drew Henson ever did for us, which seems to be the most popular answer. o_O

Zordon

Reaction score
Drew Henson: I fell for the hype.
Tashard Choice: i thought he just needed an opportunity, then he pulled the autograph trash with Vick.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Does Marion Barber post big contract extension count?

I was a big Julius Jones fan as well.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Scott Sicko, man I wanted a jersey with his name on the back.

Pat Watkins, 6'5 safety sounded stout.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I forgot Kendell Watkins. We picked him in the 2nd round and stuck around for maybe two year.

I was really high on this youngster out of MSU (mississippi state U). sometimes I forget how many disappointments i half had with draftees and the team's seasons that ended with a whimper (like the Romo era).

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
Roy Williams (Both of Them) ...:p

Surprised no one mentioned Justin Beriault - he blazed the trail for Matt Johnson (also not cited yet).