Favorite "Underrated" Movies

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Not a real well known action flick but it isn't underground for sure.

*The Italian Job - Has Mark Whalberg (sp?) in it and is along the lines of Ocean's 11, 12, and 13.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
peplaw06;1537177 said:
Probably not underrated because it was nominated for a couple of Oscars, but I just watched The Prestige last night. Really enjoyed it. I will probably watch it again tonight. It's one of those where there is a surprise ending, that I'm sure they clue you in on throughout, and I'm hoping to pick them up the second time around.

Yes, once you're "in the know" there are many clues as you re-watch it... and it makes the re-watching fun.

You know what the alternative title for the movie was?

Batman versus Wolverine... with Magic! :laugh2:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Danny White;1537194 said:

:bow: :laugh2: :laugh2:

That seriously was a pretty good movie. It was a surprise ending for sure.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I watched "Alpha Dog" recently and it really was shocking. I didn't know the true story behind what happened and I kept thinking it would end differently.

Hard to think the something like that really happened.

It definately isn't a movie for everyone... but some people will like it.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Danny White;1537194 said:
:lmao:

The whole time I was thinking... "But the Great Danton can regenerate. He has to win."

Then you have to throw in Austin Powers' daddy and Gollum too. Ok, they'd get beat pretty bad...:D

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Prestige is a really good movie.

I read a book in college based on the true story of a British magician during WWII (The War Magician by David Fisher).

It's a good read. He convinces the war office that he can be valuable to military strategy by building diversions and using illusion to confuse the enemy. It's well written and fun to read.

They had planned on making it into a movie (starring Tom Cruise) but it's been on hold for years. The main character (Jasper Maskelyne) was 6'4"; Tom Cruise is 5'7". :huh:

joseephuss

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1537208 said:
:bow: :laugh2: :laugh2:

That seriously was a pretty good movie. It was a surprise ending for sure.

I didn't like the ending of The Prestige. I liked the whole movie except for the ending. Everything in the movie got tied together nicely and made lots of sense with the slight of hand and living the life of an illusionist. Then they kind of went off on a tangent with ending and Tesla's machine. Unless I completely missed the premise, I just did not like the ending. Loved everything else.

joseephuss

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1537189 said:
Not a real well known action flick but it isn't underground for sure.

*The Italian Job - Has Mark Whalberg (sp?) in it and is along the lines of Ocean's 11, 12, and 13.

I did not realize it was a re-make of a 1969 movie of the same name. They're making a sequel called The Brazilian Job. Charlize Theron was stunning.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
joseephuss;1537373 said:
I did not realize it was a re-make of a 1969 movie of the same name. They're making a sequel called The Brazilian Job. Charlize Theron was stunning.
I've watched both of them, and while I like the re-make better (more exciting), the old one has a much better ending.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
joseephuss;1537372 said:
I didn't like the ending of The Prestige. I liked the whole movie except for the ending. Everything in the movie got tied together nicely and made lots of sense with the slight of hand and living the life of an illusionist. Then they kind of went off on a tangent with ending and Tesla's machine. Unless I completely missed the premise, I just did not like the ending. Loved everything else.

I agree 100%. Still a very good movie, though.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
joseephuss;1537373 said:

She is just a naturally beautiful woman.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1537210 said:
I watched "Alpha Dog" recently and it really was shocking. I didn't know the true story behind what happened and I kept thinking it would end differently.

Hard to think the something like that really happened.

It definately isn't a movie for everyone... but some people will like it.

Yeah, that movie wasn't half bad. Justin Timberlake was surprisingly pretty good in it.

carphalen5150

Reaction score
The Cooler...starring William H. Macy and Alec Baldwin. Great movie...Baldwin is particularly ruthless in this one.

jem88

Reaction score
carphalen5150;1537950 said:
The Cooler...starring William H. Macy and Alec Baldwin. Great movie...Baldwin is particularly ruthless in this one.
Speaking of Alec Baldwin, Glengarry Glen Ross is another good one. His cameo is classic. The definition of verbal violence.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
"They call me bruce " Very funny movie
And the sequel "They still call me Bruce" also very good

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jem88;1538615 said:
Speaking of Alec Baldwin, Glengarry Glen Ross is another good one. His cameo is classic. The definition of verbal violence.

I saw him at breakfast one day (he lives near my dad and eats at the same place all the time) -- As we got up to leave we walked by him as he was picking up his coffee. I couldn't resist and said "Put that coffee down, coffee is for closers" -- he just looked at me, shook his head and said "yeah, I never hear that one"

jem88

Reaction score
abersonc;1540117 said:
I saw him at breakfast one day (he lives near my dad and eats at the same place all the time) -- As we got up to leave we walked by him as he was picking up his coffee. I couldn't resist and said "Put that coffee down, coffee is for closers" -- he just looked at me, shook his head and said "yeah, I never hear that one"
Nice one! Not sure I could've resisted either...