Favorite "Underrated" Movies

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
carphalen5150;1535023 said:
A guilty pleasure....Gone in Sixty Seconds. Over the top, poorly acted, bad script, and I love the hell out of it.

It has Cage in it so of course it was bad acting

Deputy493

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1535122 said:
It has Cage in it so of course it was bad acting

I normally agree, although he played an excellent drunken alcoholic in Leaving Las Vegas.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Deputy493;1535130 said:
I normally agree, although he played an excellent drunken alcoholic in Leaving Las Vegas.

I personally was too busy watching Elizabeth Shue :D

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Erik_H;1535093 said:
Excellent quote. That movie is just full of em.

On a copletely differnt note, I forogt to include "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" to my list.

Ok...can't exactly say it's a "great" movie...but it has a certain charm.

I have the theatrical version and the "bootleg" original. I actually like the one they released, better. The quote under your name works better than "I'm not that good." Their original ending is more true to the Evil Dead story, but I like the "Hail to the King, baby!" ending.

I've heard they might remake the original. :( Little chance of them doing it right w/o Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, et. al.

I collect a lot of Bruce Campbell's movies, good or bad. I once picked up a copy of Maniac Cop at a Hastings store. The clerk tried to talk me out of it. I'm like, you work here, me customer, shut up and take my money. Sheesh.

By the way, I noticed that there is a special edition release of this out, now. The movie is just okay, but Campbell's commentaries are worth listening to.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Speaking of BC, I can't believe I haven't recommended Bubba Ho-Tep yet!!

It's a great movie. It's campy, but very funny, and it has some good dramatic moments.

Synopsis: What if Elvis Presley isn't dead, but is living out the rest of his days in an East Texas rest home? Elvis, tired of the fame and phoniness of being a big rock star, trades places with a smalltime Elvis impersonator. Elvis eventually breaks a hip dancing on stage (and impersonating himself) and goes into a coma for many years. When he wakes up the man pretending to be him has died, and nobody believes he's the real Elvis. Now an old man, with nothing to live for, an evil has come to the rest home - an awakened Egyptian mummy - who is sucking the souls from the elderly patrons. With the help from fellow resident JFK (played by Ossie Davis), they team up to take on the Bubba mummy.

Believe me - this is the best Elvis mummy movie set in a nursing home that's ever been made!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Danny White;1534438 said:
Actually, I think what you call the "future" was really supposed to be the "present" in the movie. What you call the "present" was really the "past." And what you call the "past" was just the story she had written.

Hope that clears things up! :laugh2:

Yes, I know. I meant in relation to today.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man;1535171 said:
Believe me - this is the best Elvis mummy movie set in a nursing home that's ever been made!

It's also the worst one that's ever been made.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score

It's a great movie. It's campy, but very funny, and it has some good dramatic moments.

Synopsis: What if Elvis Presley isn't dead, but is living out the rest of his days in an East Texas rest home? Elvis, tired of the fame and phoniness of being a big rock star, trades places with a smalltime Elvis impersonator. Elvis eventually breaks a hip dancing on stage (and impersonating himself) and goes into a coma for many years. When he wakes up the man pretending to be him has died, and nobody believes he's the real Elvis. Now an old man, with nothing to live for, an evil has come to the rest home - an awakened Egyptian mummy - who is sucking the souls from the elderly patrons. With the help from fellow resident JFK (played by Ossie Davis), they team up to take on the Bubba mummy.

Ossie Davis plays JFK??

Now THAT'S camp!!!

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;1535264 said:
People under the stairs

The Maddening

Southern Comfort

My cousin Vinnie

Tremors

It's funny, I fell in love with Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny, haven't liked anything I've seen her in since...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
silverbear;1535273 said:
It's funny, I fell in love with Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny, haven't liked anything I've seen her in since...

I agree... sheer genius role... but she hasn't done much of anything since...

She was good in the few episodes she did of Seinfeld...

She says she now does roles out of passion... she needs to find another passion... ;)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score

Worst movie I think I have ever seen. Even Bruce Campbell couldn't save it.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
silverbear;1535272 said:
Ossie Davis plays JFK??

Now THAT'S camp!!!

Exactly. For those who don't know who Ossie Davis is, look him up to get the joke.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1535305 said:
Worst movie I think I have ever seen. Even Bruce Campbell couldn't save it.

Then clearly you haven't seen as many bad movies as I have, then. ;)

There is an option where Bruce Campbell does commentary as Elvis. It's entertaining.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man;1535385 said:
Then clearly you haven't seen as many bad movies as I have, then. ;)

There is an option where Bruce Campbell does commentary as Elvis. It's entertaining.

Ishtar was better than Bubba Ho Tep :D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1535388 said:

I have to agree. I bought this in the Wal-Mart bargain bin, really looking forward to seeing it, and I was very disappointed. I usually dig movies like this, but I just didn't find it very funny.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1535388 said:

:tongue:

At least you didn't mention Gigli.

Though, I've seen some really bad low budget movies that have to be classified as much worse than that.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man;1535406 said:
:tongue:

At least you didn't mention Gigli.

Though, I've seen some really bad low budget movies that have to be classified as much worse than that.

I didn't think it was "bad" I just didn't think it was good.

It was nowhere near the worst movie ever... but I was really looking forward to it, and was disappointed.