Favorite "Underrated" Movies

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
here's some movies to check out if you haven't already seen them.

hellboy
mean girls
a bronx tale
the others
el mariachi
the hollywood knights
funny farm
run ronnie run
the eye
the hot chick
drop dead gorgeous
liars moon
the night the lights went out in georgia
wolfen
the air up there
the gods must be crazy
the beguiled
juwanna man
bedazzled

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. Didn't do all that great at the Box Office, but it was one of the funniest movies I ever saw! Humor is somewhat like Road Trip, but funnier.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1266683 said:
There were two punisher movies made that I know of, the most recent one and back in the 80's or 90's they made one as well...That Guy that played Ivan Drago in the rocky movie played in it...his real name escapes me right now.

You liked Doom?
Seriously?

I thought it was terrible...just terrible.

yeah...my cup of tea must be diff then yours ;)

and i was talking about the newest punisher movie..still waiting on Punisher 2 details :(

and they are making a Wolverine movie :D YES!!!

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Super Troopers

Boondock Saints

The one with Dennis Quaid and that dude that played Jesus in The Passion. I can't think of it...it's really blowing my mind, because I have it, seen it about a million times...but I'm just really lazy right now and don't feel like unpacking everything (just bought our first house!). :banghead:

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
numnuts23;1267636 said:
Super Troopers

Boondock Saints

The one with Dennis Quaid and that dude that played Jesus in The Passion. I can't think of it...it's really blowing my mind, because I have it, seen it about a million times...but I'm just really lazy right now and don't feel like unpacking everything (just bought our first house!). :banghead:

Frequency!! Just thought of it!! :D

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
funniest comedies of all-time that will never ever get recognized by the Hollywood establishment: jack*** and jack*** 2. :explode: :moon: :gassy1:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
ice harvest

dark humor movie but there are some scenes that just crack me up.

k19

Reaction score
Dead Calm (Nicole Kidman Australian Flick) REALLY weird film

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggstions guys!

I can sure see we have an eclectic mix here!

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1266683 said:
There were two punisher movies made that I know of, the most recent one and back in the 80's or 90's they made one as well...That Guy that played Ivan Drago in the rocky movie played in it...his real name escapes me right now.

You liked Doom?
Seriously?

I thought it was terrible...just terrible

Agreed.

I loved the PC game and was looking forward to the movie...But it blew.

I can't even watch it on the Movie channels now I thought it was so bad.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Deputy493;1268157 said:
Classic there.

A couple of other Cage films National Treasure was great and 8 mm was pretty good.

I liked both of those.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deputy493;1268157 said:
Classic there.

A couple of other Cage films National Treasure was great and 8 mm was pretty good.

I really don't care for cage that much, if the guy grew his hair longer and had a beard he would look like one of those cavemen on the insurance commercials lol.

However National Treasure was a pretty good movie.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
I agree on the posters who said Mystic River and Boondock Saints. Both were excellent films. I'd also like to throw out a couple others. Last of the Mohicans, Usual Suspects, and 12 Monkeys. I don't know if Last of the Mohicans or Usual Suspects are necessarily underrated, but if you haven't seen them you should.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1266683 said:

You liked Doom?
Seriously?

I thought it was terrible...just terrible.

It was pretty bad except for the 5 min part where it looks like he's playing the actual game. I thought that was pretty cool. :laugh2:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
TheEnigma;1268439 said:
I agree on the posters who said Mystic River and Boondock Saints. Both were excellent films. I'd also like to throw out a couple others. Last of the Mohicans, Usual Suspects, and 12 Monkeys. I don't know if Last of the Mohicans or Usual Suspects are necessarily underrated, but if you haven't seen them you should.

12 Monkeys is a great movie. Pitt is fantastic in it.