Favorite retired Cowboys

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
who are your favorite "old" (retired) Cowboys.For me,it's almost to hard to decide.But,if I had to pick,....Staubach for the offense,and Randy White for defense.:lombardi:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
djdoug said:
who are your favorite "old" (retired) Cowboys.For me,it's almost to hard to decide.But,if I had to pick,....Staubach for the offense,and Randy White for defense.:lombardi:

For me, this discussion begins and ends with Roger Staubach. Really nobody else comes close, for me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
djdoug said:

Bob Lilly and Roger Staubach

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
when i first started watching the cowboys as a youngster danny white was the qb so i've alwasy been partial to him a little. on defense i would say everson walls was my favorite.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Michael Irvin, i was unfortunate to see those guys as young as i am, and i grew up idoilizing Irvin (on the field) as much as i loved Emmitt i still remember how long it took me to move a muscle that sad day in phili.

jsond

Reaction score
Tony D, Drew Pearson, "Too tall" Jones, Randy White, and Everson Walls.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
without a doubt: Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, the Moose, and Michael Irvin.. and Jay Novacek and Darren Woodson, and... pretty much anyone from the early 90's teams

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith, Randy White

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
Offense: Emmitt Smith (close tie between him and Michael Irvin)
Defense: Darren Woodson

Doomsday101

Reaction score
djdoug said:
I think a few of us are showing our age!

With Pride!!! I love the fact that I was around during the Cowboys early years and got to see guys like Lilly,Meredith,Howley and Jordan those were some very special teams and some very special players.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
With Pride!!! I love the fact that I was around during the Cowboys early years and got to see guys like Lilly,Meredith,Howley and Jordan those were some very special teams and some very special players.

yeah no kidding.I started at age 10 when the Boys won Superbowl 12.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
djdoug said:
yeah no kidding.I started at age 10 when the Boys won Superbowl 12.

I was lucky enough to go to Super Bowl X (1st meeting between steelers and Cowboys) back when the tickets were affordable and a bit easier to get.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
I was lucky enough to go to Super Bowl X (1st meeting between steelers and Cowboys) back when the tickets were affordable and a bit easier to get.

must have been awesome!