Video: Favre on Dak

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Can someone remind me just HOW many players make up the offensive side of the ball?? I seem to have been mistaken, in some posting's it sounds as if there is only ONE player winning it all, in others there is an added player or 2, please, I'm serious here, I swear I have been thinking it was 11! To think all this time I've been so wrong about that...
Eleven

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1:26 They get to us

Favre and Carter both think Dak is a Super Bowl bound QB.

@PAPPYDOG and his boys: Sick em

Here's the reason why Moore will become the new Linehan scapegoat.....

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...tt-kellen-moore-play-calling-third-and-short/

A brief excerpt here-below from the article....

I have been tracking the basic stats in these articles since Prescott was a rookie. Full disclosure: I do not have my notes from the last eight games of the 2018 season. That being said, I do have complete stats for 44 of Prescott’s 52 regular-season games, and nothing about the final eight games of 2018 suggests there was any major deviation from the trends identified. Moreover, the data from this season corroborates the observations noted in the other 40 games.

The most glaring trend detected is that Prescott is rarely asked to drop back and pass after taking the snap from under center.

In 44 games, he has never dropped back and passed after taking the snap from under center more than three or four times in-game. When he was a rookie, it was sometimes never and often only once a game.

Moreover, many of the infrequent pass attempts from under center are not traditional five-step drops; they are often quick screens to the wide receiver or something similar, which requires the quarterback just to get his feet planted and fire the ball.

After three years as an NFL quarterback, Prescott still doesn’t routinely drop back into the pocket and throw the ball. He did it just twice against the Saints, twice versus Miami, twice in Washington, and three times in the season opener.

To put it another way: Prescott has 127 passing attempts through four games this season, but only nine have come after he dropped back from under center. That means that 118 of his attempts have come off play-action or from the shotgun (93%).

Imagine being an offensive coordinator and knowing that if you want to call a pass play that isn’t a wide receiver screen or quick slant, you basically have two options: use play-action from under center or have your quarterback start in the shotgun.

Smart offensive coordinators will obviously game plan around the strengths of their quarterback, but the flip side of that is offensive coordinators deserve some credit for disguising and minimizing the weaknesses of their quarterback.

Both Linehan and Moore have been forced to devise game plans that only call for pass attempts off play-action or from the shotgun.

This obvious limitation (not being able to execute a traditional three or five-step drop from under center) in Prescott’s arsenal is a significant impediment to any coordinator’s quest for unpredictability.

starfan1

Reaction score
Ahh ok, so I AM right, like I said, listening to some here, there is only ONE player winning or losing it all... good to know it's actually more then 1 guy...!
why anyone gives Pappy and his band of critics much more than a glance is beyond me. Its pretty obvious there is nothing Dak can do at the moment to win these folks over and I think some of them just do it for reaction from those who like Dak.

When Dak when takes this team a bit further they will change their narrative to fit their perspective. It quite comical actually.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can someone remind me just HOW many players make up the offensive side of the ball?? I seem to have been mistaken, in some posting's it sounds as if there is only ONE player winning it all, in others there is an added player or 2, please, I'm serious here, I swear I have been thinking it was 11! To think all this time I've been so wrong about that...

Cowboys fans have their own worst fans, at least on here. Seems like it is 70% negative posters / trolls anymore.

Staubacher

Reaction score
.....and the lathering up over Mr. Mediocrity continues even after crapping the bed last Sunday. 10 pitiful points and still Super Bowl bound

Never have so many made such a big deal over so little just because his name aint Romo
He gets a pass for missing Cobb in the end zone badly and throwing behind him on that key 3rd down. Those are called "drops" nowadays.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why anyone gives Pappy and his band of critics much more than a glance is beyond me. Its pretty obvious there is nothing Dak can do at the moment to win these folks over and I think some of them just do it for reaction from those who like Dak.

When Dak when takes this team a bit further they will change their narrative to fit their perspective. It quite comical actually.

I was going to post these so called fans are comic relief at times. But now it is just trolls and hate.
I am not a huge Dak fan, nor did not dislike him either, and was giving him this year to see improvements, which I have seen. I always seen the potential of him getting better from year one.

But the Dak haters are just stupid posting now. It gets old.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Here's the reason why Moore will become the new Linehan scapegoat.....

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...tt-kellen-moore-play-calling-third-and-short/

A brief excerpt here-below from the article....

I have been tracking the basic stats in these articles since Prescott was a rookie. Full disclosure: I do not have my notes from the last eight games of the 2018 season. That being said, I do have complete stats for 44 of Prescott’s 52 regular-season games, and nothing about the final eight games of 2018 suggests there was any major deviation from the trends identified. Moreover, the data from this season corroborates the observations noted in the other 40 games.

The most glaring trend detected is that Prescott is rarely asked to drop back and pass after taking the snap from under center.

In 44 games, he has never dropped back and passed after taking the snap from under center more than three or four times in-game. When he was a rookie, it was sometimes never and often only once a game.

Moreover, many of the infrequent pass attempts from under center are not traditional five-step drops; they are often quick screens to the wide receiver or something similar, which requires the quarterback just to get his feet planted and fire the ball.

After three years as an NFL quarterback, Prescott still doesn’t routinely drop back into the pocket and throw the ball. He did it just twice against the Saints, twice versus Miami, twice in Washington, and three times in the season opener.

To put it another way: Prescott has 127 passing attempts through four games this season, but only nine have come after he dropped back from under center. That means that 118 of his attempts have come off play-action or from the shotgun (93%).

Imagine being an offensive coordinator and knowing that if you want to call a pass play that isn’t a wide receiver screen or quick slant, you basically have two options: use play-action from under center or have your quarterback start in the shotgun.

Smart offensive coordinators will obviously game plan around the strengths of their quarterback, but the flip side of that is offensive coordinators deserve some credit for disguising and minimizing the weaknesses of their quarterback.

Both Linehan and Moore have been forced to devise game plans that only call for pass attempts off play-action or from the shotgun.

This obvious limitation (not being able to execute a traditional three or five-step drop from under center) in Prescott’s arsenal is a significant impediment to any coordinator’s quest for unpredictability.
What’s the league average? What’s Brady’s average number of dropbacks? Rodgers?

I don’t know. I’m asking.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-sparse-to-every-down-staple-in-nfl/96558158/
This article from 2017 makes it seem like it could be a lot. 79% in shotgun for the league and that doesnt include playacton.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Because it will be fun to taunt them when they’re proven wrong!!

After all, isn’t that primarily why the internet was invented?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because it will be fun to taunt them when they’re proven wrong!!

After all, isn’t that primarily why the internet was invented?

Talk tall and carry a big keyboard is what the trolls do. :laugh:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Because some folk's live-in "Reality" and not fantasy land.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Give Dak ten years like Romo and he will definitely exceed the number of playoff games Romo won. Then again that is such a low bar, a pitiful standard to compare any Cowboys QB to.

Let the Romo apologists start their defense of the qb who won two wild card games in just the ten seasons as a starter.
  • Romo was a better passer than Dak, but...
  • Romo was always hurt his last 4 yrs, Dak is made of steel
  • Dak is a better leader than the relunctant astronaut
  • Dak is MUCH more careful with the ball than Romo
  • Romo tried to emulate Favre, but had less talent and cost us a lot of games due to turnovers and dumb decisions
  • At least Romo had a real, winning hc, Bill Parcells for his first 4 yrs. Dak has had to play in the Garrett system
  • Romo is the most overrated pro athelete in Dallas sports history and he oy won 2 wildcard games.
  • In three seasons, Dak has won 1 less playoff game than Romo
lol @ Dak slobberers counting on playoff berths... Romo went to the playoffs 3 out of his first 4 seasons, I’m sure he thought he would be in the playoffs every year too. Reality has a way of splashing water on your face.
Dak isn’t going to make it 10 seasons, as soon as the offensive line dries up he will be released into the XFL. He is incapable of playing without a high caliber line and compared to other young QBs he was born on third base in that regard. He’d better get in the training room and rub Tyron’s ankle.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I agree we’d have likely lost unless they scored too fast, but is Rodgers really rated that high for comebacks and 4th quarter greatness?

He has consistently beat Dallas in plays and this riduculous throw to beat Dak in his rookie season might be the best throw in nfl history.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

I really think that the group that seems to really dislike Dak, actually hate Dak’s supporters more than they hate Dak himself.

Given any opportunity (read: bad game) to tweak the Dak Fans nose, they take it. They appear to revel in it. Some, to the point of not posting much when Dak plays well.

Many will deny it, but I’d be surprised if some of them didn’t get excited and enjoy a bad Dak outing.

If that’s the case, that doesn’t mean they’re not a fan of Dallas... but they’re a completely different type of fan than I am.

To each their own, I suppose.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really think that the group that seems to really dislike Dak, actually hate Dak’s supporters more than they hate Dak himself.

Given any opportunity (read: bad game) to tweak the Dak Fans nose, they take it. They appear to revel in it. Some, to the point of not posting much when Dak plays well.

Many will deny it, but I’d be surprised if some of them didn’t get excited and enjoy a bad Dak outing.

If that’s the case, that doesn’t mean they’re not a fan of Dallas... but they’re a completely different type of fan than I am.

To each their own, I suppose.

We're fans but not BLIND FANS.....thks