Favre, please hang it up...

CowboyChris

Reaction score
the heck with Favre, ive been pretty impressed with Grossman, he gives them a passing threat something they havent had all year till now. i'd keep a close eye on the Bears going into the post season, they will get a first round bye and a home playoff game.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
the heck with Favre, ive been pretty impressed with Grossman, he gives them a passing threat something they havent had all year till now. i'd keep a close eye on the Bears going into the post season, they will get a first round bye and a home playoff game.

Where did this come from? The thread is about Farve needing to retire and cut his losses.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Shoot...

That Bears defensive is very impressive and are trying to break the NFL Record for fewest points allowed. I believe they already have a great shot of at least breaking the franchise record.

I think that defense would make anybody look foolish, even Bledsoe. As a matter of fact, the announcer said Favre was the only QB to throw for over 200 on them coming into this game.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Shoot...

That Bears defensive is very impressive and are trying to break the NFL Record for fewest points allowed. I believe they already have a great shot of at least breaking the franchise record.

I think that defense would make anybody look foolish, even Bledsoe. As a matter of fact, the announcer said Favre was the only QB to throw for over 200 on them coming into this game.

That isnt the point, it isnt just this game, its the whole year (and even last year to an extent). He is reaching the point where, physically, he simply cant keep up with the younger players anymore.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I don't think it's physical, Favre is just making the same dumb mistakes he's been making for a few years now, and he has no weapons, never had much for WRs, but he has no running game either

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I don't think it's physical, Favre is just making the same dumb mistakes he's been making for a few years now, and he has no weapons, never had much for WRs, but he has no running game either

Antonio Freeman
Sterling Sharpe
Javon Walker
Donald Driver

He has always had great WRs

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
That isnt the point, it isnt just this game, its the whole year (and even last year to an extent). He is reaching the point where, physically, he simply cant keep up with the younger players anymore.

He doesnt have help.

His run game is busted to shreds and doesnt have consistent players besides Driver.

You give him Ahmad Green, Wahle, Rivera (well maybe the non-phantom back injury version), and Ferguson and I gurantee you he is still at the top of his game and I really dont care too much for Brett, but he still has it.

Heck last year he threw for a ton of yards and what 2 years ago he should have been in the Super Bowl, if were not for his DC and FedEX Freddie...

- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Antonio Freeman
Sterling Sharpe
Javon Walker
Donald Driver

He has always had great WRs

Sterling Sharpe is the only one that you can use the term great. Sharpe was loong gone when the Packers started making their Super Bowl runs.

Freeman was pretty damn good but he was not GREAT. Walker is too young to even start using that word even though he is from the Lone Star State and Driver is a workhorse and mr. consistent, but not great.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Damn Damn Damn

May have to look elsewhere, Packers on the Bears' 3 yardline ready to make it 24-21 with 2 mins to go....

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Sterling Sharpe is the only one that you can use the term great. Sharpe was loong gone when the Packers started making their Super Bowl runs.

Freeman was pretty damn good but he was not GREAT. Walker is too young to even start using that word even though he is from the Lone Star State and Driver is a workhorse and mr. consistent, but not great.

1: Sterling Sharpe was still catching 90-100 balls a season through 1995, and the Packers were serious title contenders in 1993, 1994 and 1995. All 3 years they made a good playoff run, only to be beaten by Dallas all 3 years.

2: Freeman was GREAT. He was only a great player for about 3 years, but those years were when the Packers were at their best in the late 90s.

3: Walker is one of the best young WRs in the NFL, he will be a star.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
1: Sterling Sharpe was still catching 90-100 balls a season through 1995, and the Packers were serious title contenders in 1993, 1994 and 1995. All 3 years they made a good playoff run, only to be beaten by Dallas all 3 years.

2: Freeman was GREAT. He was only a great player for about 3 years, but those years were when the Packers were at their best in the late 90s.

3: Walker is one of the best young WRs in the NFL, he will be a star.

Agreed. They could never get past the Cowboys until they finally beat us in 1996 but that is why I said Super Bowl run, meaning going to the Super Bowl, which was 96 against the Patsies and 97 against the Broncos.

I try not to throw the word GREAT out too much. Im thinking Jerry Rice, Shannon Sharpe, Michael Irvin, when talking great. I cant throw Walker in that league yet.

Freeman was a very solid receiver and it was probably a case of the QB making the Receiver look good. Very solid, but just not great to me. I hate going to the Stats book, but he had some very solid years.

As a matter of fact, he only had 56 catches the year the Favre won his only Super Bowl.

We will probably have to agree to disagree. I say Mr. Sharpe was great, but not the others.

Heck, let me go look up Robert Brooks' numbers real fast.

- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yeah, Robert Brooks was really good, but I cant recall if he got hurt or not. He was the first Packer to do the Lambeau Leap and as the stats show, he had 102 Receptions in 95, which not alot of Receivers have even done.

I think he got hurt in 96 and I think that is when Freeman emerged briefly.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Shoot...

The Bears defense would be alot better if Mike Zimmer was the DC instead the idiot running their D now. Just ask Summerisfunner.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
The Bears defense would be alot better if Mike Zimmer was the DC instead the idiot running their D now. Just ask Summerisfunner.

Please...

Zimmer would be playing passive, gushy, prevent, cover 2 defenses and the Bears would gladly show him the door.

For some reason he gets much love at Valley Ranch...

Wimbo

Reaction score
If you pass 51 times in a game, and only run it 21 times, you are being set up for a bad QB game, statistically. The Packers have no ground attack (seriously, without looking... how much do you really know about Noah Herron?)
I am not giving Favre a free pass here, I am just saying that he is not the only reason for the Packers sucking. They were destroyed by injuries, and threw away much of their starting OL in the offseason.
Favre has obviously seen his better days... but I wouldn't hammer the tomb stone just yet.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Please...

Zimmer would be playing passive, gushy, prevent, cover 2 defenses and the Bears would gladly show him the door.

For some reason he gets much love at Valley Ranch...

1: Zimmer doesnt run the Cover 2

2: The cover 2 has produced 3 of the greatest defenses of our era

big_neil

Benched
Reaction score
0 TDs 9 INTs the last 4 games for Brett.

In Drew's worst year, 2003 he had 11 TDs 12 INTs.