Favre, please hang it up...

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Yeah, but look how much fun he is having out there, aw shucks, Brett is a warrior and a gunslinger.... :rolleyes:

I will be happy when he is gone so I don't have to listen to everyone kissing his arse, even while throwing 6 ints a game...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
The Bears defense would be alot better if Mike Zimmer was the DC instead the idiot running their D now. Just ask Summerisfunner.

putting words in my mouth again?

my whole argument has been, Zimmer is a fine D-coordinator, that is all, and I have facts behind me

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Where did this come from? The thread is about Farve needing to retire and cut his losses.

Who cares about Favre anyway? He's a great guy and a dang good teammate, but I'm tired of hearing about it.

Terry Bradshaw was definitely gushing all over Brett by saying he is the best QB he has ever seen play. :rolleyes:

He was a great QB at one time, but not sure about that statement. Hang em up Brett and let Aaron Rogers get in there.

Hopefully we won't be saying that about Drew Bledsoe anytime soon. I hope he can stay sharp and lead this team for one more season.

big_neil

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Brett is the mobile version of Drew Bledsoe

Brett was more efficient at throwing TDs but also threw more INTs. Drew never had such a bad season as Favre is this year. Drew had 27 Ints in 1994, but also 25 TDs, 4555 yards, 7 straight wins, a Pro Bowl, Playoffs and an NFL record number of Attempts and Completions (400).

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
1: Zimmer doesnt run the Cover 2

2: The cover 2 has produced 3 of the greatest defenses of our era

You are out of your mind if you think the Cowboy do not run cover 2. I have seen it up close and personal about 20 some odd times at Texas Stadium...

And the Cover 2 aka Tampa 2 doesnt work for everybody...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
You are out of your mind if you think the Cowboy do not run cover 2. I have seen it up close and personal about 20 some odd times at Texas Stadium...

And the Cover 2 aka Tampa 2 doesnt work for everybody...

:lmao2:

You're joking, right?

Dallas runs a 3-4 base with some 4-3. You don't run the cover 2 out of a 3-4 alignment :rolleyes:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
:lmao2:

You're joking, right?

Dallas runs a 3-4 base with some 4-3. You don't run the cover 2 out of a 3-4 alignment :rolleyes:

Yep...

Just totally forget about Mr. Zimmer's 5 OTHER years here.

And im guessing the Dallas Cowboys are now 100% 3-4 defensive team now?

I dont feel like uploading any video archives to show you we HAVE run the Cover 2 Defense along with other gushy, cushy zones when barely ahead in the 4th quarter but....

Cover-2 schemes have left Cowboys vulnerable deep

Dallas

Other than the running game, one of the bigger concerns as the team approaches the playoffs has been the play of the secondary when utilizing its cover-2 zone defense. It has been a problem going all the way back to Week Two, in the fourth-quarter collapse against the Commanders, and has continued through the win over the Chiefs in Week 14, when FS Keith Davis was late in picking up Chiefs WR Eddie Kennison. The Cowboys like to play cover-2 and be physical and disrupt the timing of the opponent’s offense, but they might consider playing more man if the coverage problems, namely at safety, continue. The team also likes playing in its cover-2 defenses because it likes the blitz packages and multiple schemes it can use. One scout who has seen the Cowboys recently said the team will show cover-2 and then rotate into more of a “robber” defense, which is a cover-3 (three-deep) shell with SS Roy Williams squatting on the underneath routes.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=nfceast

Im sure their observations are totally off to eh :banghead: ?

Ill toy with you later..Grey's Anatomy is on :p: .

- Mike G.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Yep...

I dont feel like uploading any video archives to show you we HAVE run the Cover 2 Defense along with other gushy, cushy zones when barely ahead in the 4th quarter but....

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=nfceast

- Mike G.

DAYM!!!!! Mick wins this one easy. No contest.

summerisfunner said:
putting words in my mouth again?

I really wish this thread was in the flame zone cuz....well I better just not go there.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Yep...

- Mike G.

I can't put it any more plainly then this: Proo Football Weekly doesnt know what they are talking about either. Mike Zimmer does not, and has never, run a base cover 2 scheme.

Kilyin

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
1: Zimmer doesnt run the Cover 2

2: The cover 2 has produced 3 of the greatest defenses of our era

Uh, you must be mildly ******** or legally blind, we've been running a cover 2 shell all year long. Matter of fact, we ran it all day against Carolina.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I can't put it any more plainly then this: Proo Football Weekly doesnt know what they are talking about either. Mike Zimmer does not, and has never, run a base cover 2 scheme.

HH what is PROO Football Weekly. Never heard of that.

PFW does not know what they are talkin about. What next Peyton Manning does not know how to play QB.

kilyin said:
Uh, you must be mildly ******** or legally blind, we've been running a cover 2 shell all year long. Matter of fact, we ran it all day against Carolina.

We agree on something. :eek:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Favre is what he is... we have seen what he did tonight throughout his whole career. No discipline as a QB.(Aikman, Young, Montana won with discipline) Imagine how many more SB's he would have won under other coaches that wouldnt let him go gunslinger whenever he wanted... quite frankly he has probably cost his team as many games as he has won.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Kilyin said:

he said base cover-2, did he not? we don't employ a base cover-2

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
and I'm pretty sure it's a variation of the cover-4, that we use

because if I'm not mistaken, wasn't that the scheme we were in when Santana Moss burned us wk. 2?