Favre, please hang it up...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
he said base cover-2, did he not? we don't employ a base cover-2

mickgreen58 said:
Yep...

Just totally forget about Mr. Zimmer's 5 OTHER years here.

And im guessing the Dallas Cowboys are now 100% 3-4 defensive team now?

I dont feel like uploading any video archives to show you we HAVE run the Cover 2 Defense along with other gushy, cushy zones when barely ahead in the 4th Quarter but....

No where in any of my posts did I say our base defense was a Cover 2.

Please try to Keep up....

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
No where in any of my posts did I say our base defense was a Cover 2.

Please try to Keep up....

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about what HeavyHitta said

now insert foot in mouth

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
I can't put it any more plainly then this: Proo Football Weekly doesnt know what they are talking about either. Mike Zimmer does not, and has never, run a base cover 2 scheme.
Look at 2003 cover 2, all the way. People were claiming we were just copying tampa, when we had been running it for 2 years. Your wrong.

joseephuss

Reaction score
You can run the Cover 2 out of either the 4-3 or the 3-4 alignment. Parcells ran Cover 2 with his Giants teams.

Just a stat note and not meant to put down Favre. Brett Favre passed both Dan Marino(252) and Johnny Unitas(253) on Sunday when he threw 4 interceptions to give him 254 for his career. That puts him 6th all time behind George Blanda(277), John Hadl(268), Fran Tarkenton(266), Vinny Testaverde(261) and Norm Snead(257). If Bledsoe wan't released by Buffalo, I seriously think Vinny would be closing in on the record in Dallas.