Favre Wants to Play, Wants to Win More

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Farve wants them to provide him with talent so they can win...but...

Their best reciever he has posioned...They can add more talent is Farve retires and they save a ton of cap move.

So the best way to add the talent Farve wants is to take a pay cut. Bet it doesn't happen.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
Zippy Speedster said:
What I get a kick out of is that he is NOW telling GB to do what it takes to win this year and he'll come back...AFTER all the good players in FA are already gone, leaviing virtually 1 avenue for the packers to even try to accomplish what he wants.. through the draft. Couldn't happen even if they wanted to try.

About a month too late, Farve.
He was not a month late. He told them the same thing at the beginning of free agency when they went to his home in Hattiesburg, MS. It's just been made a bigger deal out of lately because the top players are gone. I believe he is going to come back regardless. TOO MUCH MONEY TO TURN DOWN FOR ONLY 1 YEAR.

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Packers fans that I know are quickly growing tired of this whole ordeal.

Personally, I would have told Favre, well you cant decide ? I will decide for you. Thanks for the memories.

If Favre had minded his own business last season he would have Walker to throw to.

If Favre had made this stance last season, they might not have lost more than half of their line in the past two years.

If Favre would have not reverted to his gunslinging, toss it up mentality last year, the Packers might have actually won a few more games.

Favre has single handedly screwed the Packers by his actions this off-season.

Its tiresome.

Good post.........I, too, am getting tired of his "maybe" or "maybe not" attitude. Move on Green Bay!

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
If he wants to win - he need to go to another team to finish his career. GB needs major help on the OL and at WR.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I think JJ should sign Brett so that Bledsoe could back him up. Then we have our starter in Brett and Bledsoe in case he goes down...and I'm sure that T.O. would like that.

Hmmm, I bet even Bledsoe4MVP would go for that!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Now, the question becomes: When Brett Farve retires, what keeps John Madden from killing himself?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Now, the question becomes: When Brett Farve retires, what keeps John Madden from killing himself?

Well, there's still Larry Allen! :eek:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Yes, but I cant recall him ever making love to himself to thoughts of Larry Allen in the MNF booth

Really? Don't you remember how he always slobbers and drools whenever he talks about Big Larry?

But, then again, Big Larry is/was the best at his position...not so sure about Farve....:)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Nav22 said:
Favre's 25 TD passes away from passing Marino for most all-time. He's not quitting now. His whole "I'll play IF we improve enough" schtick is just to con the Packers GM into signing/drafting a bunch of players who would help them win next year.

So far this offseason, the Packers haven't improved - they might be worse. They replaced Ryan Longwell with Billy Cundiff, they lost their DC Jim Bates, and their new HC hasn't inspired the Packers fans I know. Oh, and Javon Walker wants to skip town in the worst way possible.

Regardless of all this, my money's on Favre coming back for 1 more losing season.

He Might get 25 TD's in 2 more season... maybe needing almost three seasons... or did you mean 25 INT's... .yeah he can get that THIS year :laugh2:

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
this article pretty much shows that favre has had enough. i doubt GB will be making a playoff push let alone SB. if he has this kind of attitude "what are they gonna do, cut me?" then i think its time for him to retire. he's keepin the younger guys on the bench, and the organization would not be progressing, it would be regressing.

acheman

Reaction score
Which is it? Does he want to play, or does he want to win more? Because if he comes back to Green Bay he sure isn't winning more.:D

Reaction score
Hostile said:
BAY ST. LOUIS, Miss. - Green Bay Packer Brett Favre tells a newspaper he wants to play again but he'll return only if the Packers can assemble a winning team.

That's the craziest, most "hey, look at me, I'm great" statement I've seen in awhile.

I'd expect this from some 21 year old college stud, foregoing his Sr. year to go pro, but not from some 35-something vet, foregoing his retirement because he thinks he's still got "it".

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll just be glad when I can turn on sportscenter or nfl access and don't have to see him every damn day.

acheman

Reaction score
Just wait until the TO machine gets rolling and we get to hear about or see him every damn day. The rest of the team might as well become chopped liver at that point. I will love the exposure, but I will get sick of the focus being TO all the time.
On an aside, I have been sick of Favre since 1993.

BeWare94

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
[FONT=arial,]Favre says he wants to play, but wants to win more[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,]
BAY ST. LOUIS, Miss. - Green Bay Packer Brett Favre tells a newspaper he wants to play again but he'll return only if the Packers can assemble a winning team.
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,]And if he does return this year, Favre told the Sun Herald newspaper there is "no doubt" it will be his last season.

[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]The venerable quarterback said he wants the Packers to get better players and make a commitment to winning.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]"Last season, expectations were high and it was a bad situation," Favre said of the team's 4-12 season, his only losing one as quarterback. "If we can't compete at a high level, I can walk away and my legacy will speak for itself."

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]Rumors have been circulating that Favre would have to make his decision to return by Saturday, but Favre said they're untrue.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]"If I don't tell them by Saturday, what will they do, cut me?" Favre said.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]Favre, in town to award grants to groups following Hurricane Katrina, said he has been talking to the team for the past month and there are things that both parties have to sort out.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]"If they don't come together, I guess I won't play," Favre said. "I don't know if my decision will be made by Saturday."

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]Favre said some days he wants to play and other days he wants to retire. Knowing he can still compete at a high level is making the decision tough, he said. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,][FONT=arial,]Even his wife is ready for his decision, Favre said.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]​

I don't like Favre's insinuation that they are losing because of "everyone else" and that he will only come back if they can put together a winning team. I wonder if Prima Donna Favre ever thought about the effect that his "maybe I'll play, maybe I'll quit" mantra has had on the team for the last couple of offseasons. I wonder if he thought about his part in the losing? Like the ba-zillion interceptions he's thrown over the last few years.

How are the Packers supposed to be active in Free Agency or form any kind of draft strategy to get better when they have to wait all this time to know if their leader is on board?

I know that nobody asked me but if there are days that he 'wants to play' and days that he 'feels like retiring' then he probably needs to walk away.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I would guess, "One of the best QB's to ever play the game"!

:lmao2:

No denying Favre's impressive career, so far it's even exceed bledsoes! I just don't feel the games he's playing right now is fair to the packers organization.

He needs to make up his mind very soon, or green bay will have to do it for him! :mad:

BeWare94

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I would guess, "One of the best QB's to ever play the game"!

:lmao2:

He's a very good quarterback but I don't even like using the word great with Brett Favre. He's a kind of guy that will kill his own team as much as he kills the opposition. I know he's won the Super Bowl, so did Trent Dilfer and Jim McMahon however no one is fitting McMahon or Dilfer for greatness. Favre's propensity to play like dren when it counts most has gotten his Packers knocked out of the playoffs a whole lot more than he's won the Super Bowl.
Great is reserved for the guys who take advantage of 'the moment'. The guys who play their best when their teams need them to; not the guys who toss multiple interceptions and singlehandedly lose playoff games. Joe Montana is great. Troy Aikman is great. Terry Bradshaw is great. Tom Brady is great.

And then there's guys like Brett Favre and Dan Marino...guys who should rightfully go into the Hall of very good.

Nav22

Reaction score
Um... I agree that Favre needs to quit being such a diva, but Terry "more career INTs than TDs" Bradshaw isn't fit to wear Favre's jockstrap.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Nav22 said:
Um... I agree that Favre needs to quit being such a diva, but Terry "more career INTs than TDs" Bradshaw isn't fit to wear Favre's jockstrap.

Yeah, that might be true...but, at least he learned how to spell C A T !! :eek: