Favre Wearing a Star

daniukid

Reaction score
I think that Brett is playing it close to the vest about retiring because:

1. He is upset that the Packers aren't getting any better for next year.
2. He still wants to win since football is in his blood.
3. I think he wants to play at least one more year but with a chance to win.
4. He doesn't want to go 4-12 again.
5. He wants to go somewhere with an opportunity to win but doesn't want to look bad by forcing or asking for a trade / release.
6. And he doesn't even know what competitive caliber team would even want him after last year's debacle.
7. Management may even do him a favor by cutting him so he could find the best situation (think Emmitt although that didn't work out too well).

Assuming the above being true, do you think teams would be interested in him for 1-2 years? Since Bledsoe is suppose to be here for about 1-2 more years too, would you rather have Favre than Bledsoe? And I'm sure Jerrry would love the PR...and Texas is a lot more like Mississippi and closer.

SantanaOwnsU

Benched
Reaction score
daniukid said:

5. He wants to go somewhere with an opportunity to win but doesn't want to look bad by forcing or asking for a trade / release.
6. And he doesn't even know what competitive caliber team would even want him after last year's debacle.
7. Management may even do him a favor by cutting him so he could find the best situation (think Emmitt although that didn't work out too well).

Assuming the above being true, do you think teams would be interested in him for 1-2 years? Since Bledsoe is suppose to be here for about 1-2 more years too, would you rather have Favre than Bledsoe? And I'm sure Jerrry would love the PR...and Texas is a lot more like Mississippi and closer.

Keep dreaming...just keep on dreaming.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
daniukid said:

Ban? :mad:

twa

Reaction score
Farve with his throws could be as much to blame for the losses as the wins.:shootfoot

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
while i don't think it will ever happen, it would be a helluva combination to have brett favre throwin TD's to T.O. favre will retire in green bay. :star:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
1) Trolling
2) Posting nonsense to incite fellow users
3) Spam

I think all 3 would apply in this case. ;)
You'd think wrong and would have wasted syanpses for nothing. He asked a football question for which he asked for honest answers. That isn't trolling. Strike 1.

What site is he advertising? Where's the spam? Strike 2.

You calling for him to be banned is more an example of #2 than anything he asked. Strike 3.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
1) Trolling
2) Posting nonsense to incite fellow users
3) Spam

I think all 3 would apply in this case. ;)

He was asking what rule the original poster broke, He was not asking about your posting style.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
daniukid said:

Favre is one of the great QBs of all time. I truly respect him. However, I don't think he is a good exchange at this point. He's more expensive than Bledsoe and we'd take a cap hit for losing Bledsoe as well.

Not worth it on that front alone.

Bledsoe has chemistry with Parcells. Tossing that aside to sell tickets isn't what we need to do.

Replacing Bledsoe with any QB other than a young one we develop is a step backwards, not forwards.

I'd love to watch him here, but it isn't even feasible.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You'd think wrong and would have wasted syanpses for nothing. He asked a football question for which he asked for honest answers. That isn't trolling. Strike 1.

What site is he advertising? Where's the spam? Strike 2.

You calling for him to be banned is more an example of #2 than anything he asked. Strike 3.

:rake:

I was just kidding around, just thought it was an ignorant suggestion considering that Favre is washed up and finished.

It might be a good idea to delete this thread though before it generates too many personal attacks against the OP. :(

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
:rake:

I was just kidding around, just thought it was an ignorant suggestion considering that Favre is washed up and finished.

It might be a good idea to delete this thread though before it generates too many personal attacks against the OP. :(
You've already "attacked" him. He'll survive.

It's a football discussion. Close your eyes if you can't stomach the topic.