Signed by Cowboys FB Olawale traded to Cowboys **merged**

CWR

Reaction score
The Cowboys sent Oakland one of their two fifth-round picks (No. 173 overall) in exchange for both Olawale and one of the Raiders' six sixth-round picks (No. 192 overall). That now gives the Cowboys three picks in the sixth round.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...b-jamize-olawale-swapping-draft-picks-oakland

Yeah but lets cry about it anyways. Seriously though, I like the move. Its not sexy but he is a good player and we save a couple million as opposed to paying for Smith.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we give them a 5th for their 6th and a FB.
#173 for #192 and a FB. Not sure if that is good or bad. But leaning toward the bad side.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Move down 19 spots in the 5th/6th round for a guy they would have to cut at some point. I’ll know how I feel about when I see who goes off the board with those 19 picks.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Had thr Eagles made this move people would think it was great

It's true, I would think it was great, if it were the Eagles. I would think it is great because I would view this as an utterly stupid move, made by the Eagles and that's always something I can appreciate. Unfortunately, it wasn't the Eagles. It was us and my appreciation for this move is much, much more subdued.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, on the bright side.
We needed a FB. Olwale, and I thought we should have kept even back then.

We move down 19 spots, get a player that has been with one team for the past 6 seasons. And we would have drafted or sign a rookie anyway, or some other FA people would still shine about.

So maybe it isn't all that bad.
seems like another dumb FO move, but maybe it will work out. We really did not lose anything, and he cost less that what Smith got.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Typical Cowboys move. Let our FB leave and then have to give up something to get the guy he is replacing. Does anyone think the Raiders would carry 2 FBs. This guy could have been had for free later on. It better be a conditional future 7th rounder.

Could have been had at the cut down to 53. Is swapping a low 5th for a middle 6ths worth having the guy in camp?

I'd have to say it is.

lukin2006

Reaction score
We gave up a 5th, and get Oakland’s 6th? Seems like a decent trade, solid player...

I like it. Jason Garret likes the use of a fullback...

The only way we can be disappointed if he don’t start the season on the roster...