Signed by Cowboys FB Olawale traded to Cowboys **merged**

408Cowboy

Reaction score

Fisher could have made people pay for this kind of info, but he might be kind of generous today.

He's just as shocked as the rest of us that something happened. This lapse of judgement won't happen again.

Now who thinks Stephen considers this that blockbuster trade we heard whispers of?

irishline

Reaction score
I wonder what we gave up for him.

You wondered, just not enough to go to page 2 to see what we gave up for him. :p

The Cowboys sent Oakland one of their two fifth-round picks (No. 173 overall) in exchange for both Olawale and one of the Raiders' six sixth-round picks (No. 192 overall). That now gives the Cowboys three picks in the sixth round.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...b-jamize-olawale-swapping-draft-picks-oakland

GenoT

Reaction score
Typical Cowboys move. Let our FB leave and then have to give up something to get the guy he is replacing. Does anyone think the Raiders would carry 2 FBs. This guy could have been had for free later on. It better be a conditional future 7th rounder.

Agree it seems strange, but then we gotta assume this move is simply part of The Process which governs all things Cowboys.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is a smart move. Not sexy, but smart. So very few on here will have anything positive to say about it.

Honest question.

What makes it smart?

He's a back of the roster type player that we had in camp before and didn't like enough to keep. You likely could find a similar player with a 7th round pick or in FA at some point. I can only muster indifference at this move but seems like the typical head scratcher we've come to expect from the FO at this time of the year.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's how this trade went down........

Jerry: We lost Keith Smith to who?

Stephen: I think it was the Raiders

Jerry: Well dam mit, they must have too many FB's now. Lets go get the guy they are replacing.

Stephen: Are you sure? b/c they signed Smith to upgrade the position so ..............

Jerry: Its eye for an eye, make it happen

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The key here is the low salary -- trading for him locks in the salary. So that's why we trade for hi. Rather than waiting for him to be cut. Our guys leaves and makes 4x that, so air they are comparable players it's hard to complain.

In what universe is $4.2 for 2 years 4 times $1,64 for 1 year? On the street, this guy is a league minimum signing so they locked in a salary that is twice what he is worth.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Honest question.

What makes it smart?

He's a back of the roster type player that we had in camp before and didn't like enough to keep. You likely could find a similar player with a 7th round pick or in FA at some point. I can only muster indifference at this move but seems like the typical head scratcher we've come to expect from the FO at this time of the year.

You get a fullback (needed) with 6 seasons of experience saving 2.6M in the process without losing a pick. It's a good move.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
it could be worse. they could have traded a 4th and a 7th for OJ Santiago. #JerrytheGM

jrumann59

Reaction score
Honest question.

What makes it smart?

Honest question.

What makes it smart?

Judging by his stat line he does seem more versatile than smith. What he was 6 years ago and what is now is apples and oranges.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Owale was here to compete with Fiammetta at the time, so of course the stayed with Fiammetta. So it wasn't like he was horrible.
I actually liked what Owale did in TC but he wasn't going to beat out Fiammetta at the time. He was with the Raiders since 2012, so how bad can he be.
Whiners will whine.

I stated that they gave up a Fb for ours, but the more I thought about it, it may not be all that bad of a deal.
Kind of like last year we gave up a 5th to the Jets this year for their 6th last year, essentially moving down 18 spots. and we got Xavier woods from that trade.