CFZ Fe, Fi, FO, Fum, methinks the FO is not dumb

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Be happy that you are a Cowboys fans instead of Chiefs fan as it took them 50 years to win another Superbowl. They last won it in 2020 and before that 1970.

I don't get commemorating year to year of no absolute Cowboys success. As a reminder? Let's obsess about the present, not the past.
It might take us another 50 years. Nobody knows. And the Chiefs had some good teams in the interim especially when Marty was their coach but they always choked just like the Cowboys. Fans that actually remember the Cowboys greatness will be dying off before we do anything and the next generation will gloat about those 5 SB titles that nobody remembers.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL. Yep. He's basically saying he knows he hasn't been good enough, he's the reason for the failures over the years but he doesn't care because he's arrogant enough to think it will work out eventually for him.
I’m not even sure he doesn’t already think it’s worked out for him as our popularity and revenue continue to flourish .

Building a championship team isn’t the top priority anymore. And while it still could come, remaining interesting and relative is enough to deliver and provide a winning product off the field which enables him to remain in power without the financial pushback which could bring about the change most of us see as necessary.

In the meantime all that’s needed is to stay front and center hyping and selling his iconic brand thru thick and thin. He’s proven to be a salesman of the like sports has ever seen.

Winning championships is more for the fans who unfortunately don’t have a check in the mail. It’s bragging rights for all involved . This is a business first and making money is primary goal.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd argue that Jerry thinks he's the best chance he has of winning, and that he doesn't think anyone else he could hire would do a better job than he does. So yes, he wants to win on his own terms, but he also thinks that's the most likely scenario.
And yet, he admitted publicly he'd have been fired by any other team.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Be happy that you are a Cowboys fans instead of Chiefs fan as it took them 50 years to win another Superbowl. They last won it in 2020 and before that 1970.

I don't get commemorating year to year of no absolute Cowboys success. As a reminder? Let's obsess about the present, not the past.
Or the Lions, Bears, Browns, Dolphins...... I could get going, but you get the point.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Of course he does . He needs to continue stringing us along. It’s why he addresses all of these issues . Regardless whether or not we like his answer.

He doesn’t care that we don’t like him staying as GM and he presents his case why he’s not stepping down or changing .

But he can’t afford for all of us to become apathetic or walk away which he’s addressed publicly. It’s why he stays front and center promoting and hyping his product attempting to deliver an interesting and relative product he can sell.

you guys that think Jerry needs to try to appease us are hilarious. The Cowboys have the largest fan base and that isnt changing. Cowboy fans are born into it. Fans of the Cowboys that have ids will have kids that are Cowboy fans. .0001% of NFL fans can simply change there team... the rest, we are what we are.

So no, Jerry doesnt need to do anything, because NFL football is the national pastime. You couldnt walk away from this team if you tried......your almost 50k messages on this site is proof of that.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They do say the past is the best prediction for future performance. Now they did have a giant Gold nugget fall into their lap with Parsons because we all know how bad they wanted a corner. Jerry gets 0 credit for that. Dak would never have been taken if Jerry had closed the deal for Osweiler. Dak was a great story until he got over paid. Who's fault is that? I never liked the Cooper trade. There was a guy named Jefferson on the draft board when CD Lamb was drafted.
yawn.........there is always a"Better," guy on the board when EVERY team drafts.

Of course Jerry gets no credit for Parsons.... he gets credit for stuff that doesnt work out, right? lol... same old tired complaining post about Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
you guys that think Jerry needs to try to appease us are hilarious. The Cowboys have the largest fan base and that isnt changing. Cowboy fans are born into it. Fans of the Cowboys that have ids will have kids that are Cowboy fans. .0001% of NFL fans can simply change there team... the rest, we are what we are.

So no, Jerry doesnt need to do anything, because NFL football is the national pastime. You couldnt walk away from this team if you tried......your almost 50k messages on this site is proof of that.
Sorry you don’t get it Reid . But why do you think he continues pleading to fans how much he wants to win. Or do you not get all of the interviews and public appeals he makes her locally to keep fans engulfed while answering the critics .

Of course we’ll keep our huge fanbase but he’s already addressed fan apathy which is rampant here locally. Dallas is a winners town and why it’s so critical for him to maintain a relevant and interesting product.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Sorry you don’t get it Reid . But why do you think he continues pleading to fans how much he wants to win. Or do you not get all of the interviews and public appeals he makes her locally to keep fans engulfed while answering the critics .

Of course we’ll keep our huge fanbase but he’s already addressed fan apathy which is rampant here locally. Dallas is a winners town and why it’s so critical for him to maintain a relevant and interesting product.

Winners town? When is last Rangers WS appearance? In my lifetime, the Dallas Mavericks have been to 1 NBA finals appearance. The Cowboys are the only team you could argue are winners based upon their overall success as a team.

"Pleading for fans?" lol... well, I guess we all see what we want to see. You want to see a desperate old guy PLEADING with fans for their support and loyalty.....lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Winners town? When is last Rangers WS appearance? In my lifetime, the Dallas Mavericks have been to 1 NBA finals appearance. The Cowboys are the only team you could argue are winners based upon their overall success as a team.

"Pleading for fans?" lol... well, I guess we all see what we want to see. You want to see a desperate old guy PLEADING with fans for their support and loyalty.....lol.
You still don’t get it.

Not pleading for fans . Pleading to fans . Not desperate just trying to appeal to critical and apathetic fans .

And you obviously don’t know what a winners town is . It’s about the fans not the teams .

For the record Mavericks have been to 2 NBA Finals . 2006 and 2011. Rangers in WS 2010 and 2011. But that has no relativity to the argument . Just more examples of how you’re out of touch with local vibe .

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You still don’t get it.

Not pleading for fans . Pleading to fans . Not desperate just trying to appeal to critical and apathetic fans .

And you obviously don’t know what a winners town is . It’s about the fans not the teams .

For the record Mavericks have been to 2 NBA Finals . 2006 and 2011. Rangers in WS 2010 and 2011. But that has no relativity to the argument . Just more examples of how you’re out of touch with local vibe .

What you fail to see is that "Local," isnt what it once was. There is no "Local," radio anymore. That thing called the Internet changed all that. The Cowboys are not a local team... they are a national team. They have more fans outside of Texas than in Texas.

He doesnt PLEAD to anyone for anything... thats what you dont get. The guy is worth how many Billions? He does what he wants, when he wants and how he wants to do it. You and I can not even begin to comprehend how much that must impact a person. Jerry is a freaking ROCK STAR that you just fail to admit. Go to ANY STADIUM including At&T and watch the crowd swarm at him with admiration. You think the vocal critics in Dallas bother him? I think you are sadly mistaken.

Then again, neither you nor I have ever sat down and discussed such things with him, so we are both speculating.

Sydla

Reaction score

I guess it depends on how you define success. If having a few seasons where they win a bunch of regular season games is most important to you, then I guess one can argue they've been decent. But if you view postseason success as the real barometer of how good a franchise is, the Cowboys have been WOEFUL for two decades. Woeful might actually be too nice for what we've seen.

Sydla

Reaction score
What you fail to see is that "Local," isnt what it once was. There is no "Local," radio anymore. That thing called the Internet changed all that. The Cowboys are not a local team... they are a national team. They have more fans outside of Texas than in Texas.

He doesnt PLEAD to anyone for anything... thats what you dont get. The guy is worth how many Billions? He does what he wants, when he wants and how he wants to do it. You and I can not even begin to comprehend how much that must impact a person. Jerry is a freaking ROCK STAR that you just fail to admit. Go to ANY STADIUM including At&T and watch the crowd swarm at him with admiration. You think the vocal critics in Dallas bother him? I think you are sadly mistaken.

Then again, neither you nor I have ever sat down and discussed such things with him, so we are both speculating.

But why is he a rock star, as you claim? Because he's spent much of his career marketing himself (along with his team). He's squeezed every single drop of blood out of the publicity rock. He also has a persona that leads to popularity - his folksy cliches, his bizarre comments, etc.

In his eyes, he's the Cowboys. He's the face of the franchise. So he markets himself as such. It's why he's never met a radio show or TV show he won't go on. But it's why he won't hire a GM. It's why he's still petty about Jimmy Johnson. He is the one that has to have the success. He's the one that when people talk about the Cowboys winning a conference title or SB, he's on the tip of everyone's tongue when they look to give the credit. He's popular because he has cultivated a persona and linked it with the franchise.

Jerry certainly isn't popular because he's put out a dominating product on the field for his fanbase.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Then how do you explain his interview with Costas a few years ago? I’m not sure you are grasping my point here. Do you ever even listen to his weekly show on the Fan? Are you even aware of the constant criticism he receives here?

He does make pleas to the fans here. Not sure that he needs to but he does and why his comments about maintaining interest and relative. He’s always too honest IMO. But for some reason he does make appeals to the apathy and criticism over the years.

And I’m well aware of his celebrity status and fans abroad but he still makes these appeals to the local base.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But why is he a rock star, as you claim? Because he's spent much of his career marketing himself (along with his team). He's squeezed every single drop of blood out of the publicity rock. He also has a persona that leads to popularity - his folksy cliches, his bizarre comments, etc.

In his eyes, he's the Cowboys. He's the face of the franchise. So he markets himself as such. It's why he's never met a radio show or TV show he won't go on. But it's why he won't hire a GM. It's why he's still petty about Jimmy Johnson. He is the one that has to have the success. He's the one that when people talk about the Cowboys winning a conference title or SB, he's on the tip of everyone's tongue when they look to give the credit. He's popular because he has cultivated a persona and linked it with the franchise.

Jerry certainly isn't popular because he's put out a dominating product on the field for his fanbase.
The fans from afar may think he’s a Rock Star but locally he’s the most hated sports personality in DFW area. And that’s with the Cowboys being the most loved franchise . Thanks to fans from abroad I guess he still has some appeal out there to fans . Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I guess it depends on how you define success. If having a few seasons where they win a bunch of regular season games is most important to you, then I guess one can argue they've been decent. But if you view postseason success as the real barometer of how good a franchise is, the Cowboys have been WOEFUL for two decades. Woeful might actually be too nice for what we've seen.
I know hundreds to thousands of Cowboy fans personally and none think Jethro is a good GM. And hold his ways responsible for the lack of success this era . It’s the one subject most fans can agree on.

But I think there are some Homers out there , especially on social media , who simply defend everything under the Blue and Silver.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Yawn.......I don't care the reasons....read my comment. It is self explanatory.