CFZ Fe, Fi, FO, Fum, methinks the FO is not dumb

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Mediocrity... describes 85% of the league.
Sure. But not everybody is mediocre throughout .

The fact we are 1 of only 3 NFC teams since our last SB to even make a NFC championship game . And one of only 5 NFL teams to not make a Super Bowl in same time frame would support the majority of teams reached the brink of the sport at least once in same time frame .

Remaining interesting or relevant which our owner has spoken as a priority in order to keep the popularity and hype doesn’t excuse it from the fact it hasn’t had more success in this era . The kind of success at least for a short period of time most teams have had this era.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score

The fact we are 1 of only 3 NFC teams since our last SB to even make a NFC championship game . And one of only 5 NFL teams to not make a Super Bowl in same time frame would support the majority of teams reached the brink of the sport at least once in same time frame .

Remaining interesting or relevant which our owner has spoken as a priority in order to keep the popularity and hype doesn’t excuse it from the fact it hasn’t had more success in this era . The kind of success at least for a short period of time most teams have had this era.

You see I dont give a damn about what you just said. So if Im a fan of the Falcons... they had the nice little 3 or 4 year stretch where they were ok..... they made the big game once, and they have pretty much sucked the rest of the time. Im supposed to be excited about that? Because they made it one time, blew it, and returned to sucking... but hey, they made it once in 60 years.... woo hoo. So much better than us and only WINNING 3 in 20 years.

conner01

Reaction score
First off, I am as critical of the owner and his son as anyone because I just flat do not like them but some of the criticism thrown their way is overdone.

He is not the worst GM, by far, in the NFL, either now or as long as he's been doing it. The 26 years of wandering in the wilderness makes him an easy target.

I see blame for Elliott's contract and for Schultz's but is the blame for Schultz's balanced by praise for picking Ferguson and Hendershot for better options in this off season?

The blame for Prescott's is overblown because the crime was not giving themselves any options but the draft and what would a trade up in picks cost and was that worth the risk? They did what they had to do and the criticism for not doing the deal earlier ignores the fact they tried to do that. Most likely at the value they placed on him and not what the market dictated.

So, they sit at 6-2, with a backup QB steering most of those but where is the credit for Cooper Rush?

Here is what I am thinking is happening to too many of you. You are letting the past throw shade on your sunshine of this season. You just can't let it go.

Let those 26 years go and relish this season that is right now. They have the best defense in the last 27 years and a run game they seem content to lean on. This is a good team.

Yes, they could lose in the wild card round and keep that string going but why worry about that now? That's 10 games away and a lot is going to happen between then and now. So, forget then and embrace now.

Don't you really want to be happy being a fan? Or have we become happy blaming the FO for everything to the point that we do not see all of the positive moves they've made? Are we too happy being critical?

Believe me, it is not fun for me to give them credit but there is not any analyst that would have given them a chance at 6-2 when Prescott went down. I know, I heard them all.

So far in the 2022 season, this FO has done a great job and better than anyone here would have predicted. We are so busy criticizing them, the good things slip by us. And there are some really good things.
Wish I could give you 10 likes for this post lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You see I dont give a damn about what you just said. So if Im a fan of the Falcons... they had the nice little 3 or 4 year stretch where they were ok..... they made the big game once, and they have pretty much sucked the rest of the time. Im supposed to be excited about that? Because they made it one time, blew it, and returned to sucking... but hey, they made it once in 60 years.... woo hoo. So much better than us and only WINNING 3 in 20 years.
You don’t care because it doesn’t present as good of representation of your team this era. You’d rather ignore the facts and reality. Maybe you need to believe in order to be engulfed .

You sound like you’ve bought into what exactly Jethro’s priorities are. Attempting to remain interesting and relative despite not having more success.

I think most fans would trade this overall mediocre frustrating and disappointing era for s few great years at least being in a championship game or Super Bowl which we’d have more to show for this era than what we currently have.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You don’t care because it doesn’t present as good of representation of your team this era. You’d rather ignore the facts and reality. Maybe you need to believe in order to be engulfed .

You sound like you’ve bought into what exactly Jethro’s priorities are. Attempting to remain interesting and relative despite not having more success.

I think most fans would trade this overall mediocre frustrating and disappointing era for s few great years at least being in a championship game or Super Bowl which we’d have more to show for this era than what we currently have.
This perception that Jerry doesn't care about winning and only wants to be relevant is the biggest misconception ever presented on this board.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

IM 52 yeras old... like that nuts coach that went ballistic at his post game press conference... IM A MAN!!! lol.. I dont buy into anyone's anything. I explained how I fell.... why cant you just accept what the hell I say instead of trying to put YOUR spin on things?

Reid1boys

Reaction score

Oh, by the way, you are right.... many werent mediocre. You know... The Steelers, Saints, Packers, Pats, Colts........ hmmmm, what did they all have in common? lol

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And yet they secured the No. 1 seed and had the second rank offense.
They were undone by injuries not talent.

They did nothing to replace Glenn all season, leaving them entirely dependent on the health of TO. TO got hurt, and they had 1 healthy and competent WR available for the game.
The injuries left them without enough talent to win the game. Didn't have to be that way. Could have found a replacement for Glenn.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IM 52 yeras old... like that nuts coach that went ballistic at his post game press conference... IM A MAN!!! lol.. I dont buy into anyone's anything. I explained how I fell.... why cant you just accept what the hell I say instead of trying to put YOUR spin on things?
Whatever you feel is fine until you try to present as though we should all feel the same way or see it as you do. The very thing you are trying to dismiss from me. Context is important.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh, by the way, you are right.... many werent mediocre. You know... The Steelers, Saints, Packers, Pats, Colts........ hmmmm, what did they all have in common? lol
Yes they were. But the rest of the 27 other NFL teams without all of these Elite QB’s were amazingly able to reach a Super Bowl this era. I’m not sure why you’re not able to accept our failure or lack of success as such.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This perception that Jerry doesn't care about winning and only wants to be relevant is the biggest misconception ever presented on this board.
Who said he didn’t care about winning. He wants to win more than anyone. But only his way.

And those were his words that remaining interesting and relevant were the priority or main objective.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Yes they were. But the rest of the 27 other NFL teams without all of these Elite QB’s were amazingly able to reach a Super Bowl this era. I’m not sure why you’re not able to accept our failure or lack of success as such.

how many times do I have to repeat myself? Yea, I get it, a decent team every now and then... about every 4 years pops out of nowhere to make the SB..... big skippy. Good for them, it must be that awesome GM they have to put that team together... I mean that Falcons team with Ryan was AMAZING. They should be celebrated for the greatness they exhibit....lol

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Who said he didn’t care about winning. He wants to win more than anyone. But only his way.

And those were his words that remaining interesting and relevant were the priority or main objective.
please show me the interview or the entire quote where Jerry said staying "Relevant," was more important than winning a SB.

Sydla

Reaction score
Agreed. It's just stupid to think Jerry doesn't see how much more relevant he'd be if they were winning.

Here's the thing. Jerry wants to win as long as it is on his terms with him being the GM. So one could argue that if he really wanted to win a SB, he'd recognize the reality that for two decades, under his watch (and his son's) as GM, the team has won a grand total of 3 playoff games. That's a pretty sad run.

No other team would keep a GM employed for that long with that kind of track record. So while he "may" want to win, he wants to do it on his terms. In that sense, one could argue if he's not willing to do whatever it takes to win (and in this situation it would be him admitting his flaws and bringing in a real football mind), then does he really want to win?

To me, I think he'd love to win a SB. But he struggles with accepting his own faults and the idea that if he did hire a GM and they won, he'd want the credit for building the team, not the GM.

Stsinaz12

Reaction score
First off, I am as critical of the owner and his son as anyone because I just flat do not like them but some of the criticism thrown their way is overdone.

He is not the worst GM, by far, in the NFL, either now or as long as he's been doing it. The 26 years of wandering in the wilderness makes him an easy target.

I see blame for Elliott's contract and for Schultz's but is the blame for Schultz's balanced by praise for picking Ferguson and Hendershot for better options in this off season?

The blame for Prescott's is overblown because the crime was not giving themselves any options but the draft and what would a trade up in picks cost and was that worth the risk? They did what they had to do and the criticism for not doing the deal earlier ignores the fact they tried to do that. Most likely at the value they placed on him and not what the market dictated.

So, they sit at 6-2, with a backup QB steering most of those but where is the credit for Cooper Rush?

Here is what I am thinking is happening to too many of you. You are letting the past throw shade on your sunshine of this season. You just can't let it go.

Let those 26 years go and relish this season that is right now. They have the best defense in the last 27 years and a run game they seem content to lean on. This is a good team.

Yes, they could lose in the wild card round and keep that string going but why worry about that now? That's 10 games away and a lot is going to happen between then and now. So, forget then and embrace now.

Don't you really want to be happy being a fan? Or have we become happy blaming the FO for everything to the point that we do not see all of the positive moves they've made? Are we too happy being critical?

Believe me, it is not fun for me to give them credit but there is not any analyst that would have given them a chance at 6-2 when Prescott went down. I know, I heard them all.

So far in the 2022 season, this FO has done a great job and better than anyone here would have predicted. We are so busy criticizing them, the good things slip by us. And there are some really good things.
Better fix the left side cant stop the run.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
please show me the interview or the entire quote where Jerry said staying "Relevant," was more important than winning a SB.
No, he didn’t say it was more important or didn’t even reference or state in same mention.

Y’all are misconstruing the context . Initial or main objective doesn’t mean more important.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
how many times do I have to repeat myself? Yea, I get it, a decent team every now and then... about every 4 years pops out of nowhere to make the SB..... big skippy. Good for them, it must be that awesome GM they have to put that team together... I mean that Falcons team with Ryan was AMAZING. They should be celebrated for the greatness they exhibit....lol
Why do you have such a problem admitting that the Cowboys this era are one of the very few teams which hasn’t had the success of reaching a championship game or Super Bowl?

And if we had there wouldn’t be as much criticism.

Last edited: