Fear The Walking Dead - Season 2

AzorAhai

Reaction score
And how.

Having a character or two someone could actually be interested in following would be a good thing.

I have some hopes for Alicia and the mom, but thats about it. If those two don't really develop it's going to be rough. I really, really like Alycia Debnam Carey. She was great on the 100 and has shown promise on FTWD.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I watched the 1st season and after each episode I couldn't help but wonder when it was going to get better. After the season finale I decided there would be no 2nd season for me. October can't get here fast enough for the real Walking Dead TV show.

hairic

Reaction score
I didn't rewatch the 1st season, which isn't a good sign. In it for the Lexa actress from the 100 for now, and will not watch live.

The part I wanted to see, the victories and losses of the humans in their efforts to maintain society, they time skipped right past.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lesson # whatever of Fear The Walking Dead:

If you're the captain of a yacht and you want someone monitoring outside communications, hand them the radio but keep the mic.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
So both shows are heavy focus on people dealing with people.

That's it!

Californians are smarter than Alexandrians. Lol

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Why are all the characters so naive! Like the boat captain, but the dumb girl talking on short radio, the mom wanting to save 25 refugees, and the boy who was just sitting by his moms corpse while everyone was getting attacked was insane.

Get with the program, protect the boat,get weapons, get ready!

Why didn't they goto one of the coast guard bases, there are several up and down the California coast. The bases would have fuel, weapons, and possibly soldiers to direct them what to do

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Well that was a pretty slow start. Things need to pick up and pick up quickly.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
it looks like after just one episode theyre gonna be done with the yacht, which is disappointing.....

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was OK... As I was watching I kept thinking "I see dumb people" which comes from watching a zillion zombie movies/shows over the years. I'm jaded– I know the "rules" of survival. LOL!

The episode reminded of the "Herschel's Farm" season on "TWD".

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It was OK... As I was watching I kept thinking "I see dumb people" which comes from watching a zillion zombie movies/shows over the years. I'm jaded– I know the "rules" of survival. LOL!

i was getting sleepy from the overuse of floating people in sunlight, in the dark. i'll watch it again when i get home but on the whole i kept getting distracted by drying water on my dishes in the kitchen.

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
This show is flat out laughably bad.

I was hoping that they'd take the time off to fix things, but nope, nothing was fixed. The same problems that made season one so lousy, are all on display in the premier of season two. If season one was annoying, idiotic, unlikeable, overdramatic people, stuck in a house, then season two is annoying, idiotic, unlikeable, overdramatic people, stuck on a boat. And the plot moves along just as slowly. The best thing that could happen to the show would be to kill off the cast and start over. Maybe keep Strand, Torture Guy, and Nick, if you absolutely must keep a few. Oh, and hire some new writers as well.

On the bright side, I guess if you enjoyed the first season, then you should enjoy the second. It's definitely of the same type of quality.

I'm a huge fan of the genre, and will give it some more time to improve, but so far Fear The Walking Dead has been a tough slog. The awfulness even carried over into the episode of Talking Dead that followed, as it was the most boring episode of it I have ever seen.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

While "Herschel's Farm" wasn't the most exciting season of TWD, it atleast helped build the characters further to a point where you actually care if something happens to them. Kinda of like planting little character seeds and watching them grow. There are some boring parts no doubt.

With this cast and writing, it's like they are planting dog turds. Can't see myself ever caring.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While "Herschel's Farm" wasn't the most exciting season of TWD, it atleast helped build the characters further to a point where you actually care if something happens to them. Kinda of like planting little character seeds and watching them grow. There are some boring parts no doubt.

With this cast and writing, it's like they are planting dog turds. Can't see myself ever caring.

Yeah, I meant it more with the pacing than anything else.

The writing has been weak... Kirkman has to be somewhat accountable.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
This show is flat out laughably bad.

I was hoping that they'd take the time off to fix things, but nope, nothing was fixed. The same problems that made season one so lousy, are all on display in the premier of season two. If season one was annoying, idiotic, unlikeable, overdramatic people, stuck in a house, then season two is annoying, idiotic, unlikeable, overdramatic people, stuck on a boat. And the plot moves along just as slowly. The best thing that could happen to the show would be to kill off the cast and start over. Maybe keep Strand, Torture Guy, and Nick, if you absolutely must keep a few. Oh, and hire some new writers as well.

On the bright side, I guess if you enjoyed the first season, then you should enjoy the second. It's definitely of the same type of quality.

I'm a huge fan of the genre, and will give it some more time to improve, but so far Fear The Walking Dead has been a tough slog. The awfulness even carried over into the episode of Talking Dead that followed, as it was the most boring episode of it I have ever seen.

The thing is... If you were going to go back to beginning and create FTWD series... then it should have been a longer series of the many "collapses" of civilization. The sped through and glossed over that "stuff"

Btw
Did you see the FTWD tie-in to flight 462 (commercial clip) during last weeks finale of TWD?