Fear The Walking Dead - Season 2

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The thing is... If you were going to go back to beginning and create FTWD series... then it should have been a longer series of the many "collapses" of civilization. The sped through and glossed over that "stuff"

No question.

Kirkman and Co. botched the premise of the show from the start.

The first outbreaks shouldn't have occurred until the end of episode 1.

We should have seen more "life as we know it" at the beginning and then gradually mix in the seeds of upheaval.

"TWD" actually starts sooner in the process than this show.

And this show showed society falling apart in very few episodes.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess I"m a sucker, because I could watch any unlikeable idiots run away from zombies and be pretty much ok with it. I'd agree that watching people become gradual badasses in the apocalypse is part of what makes TWD so much fun, and it's a lot less fun watching them flail and make stupid decisions. But it's still fun. I mean, underwater zombies, pirates, attractive actresses, a gratuitous propeller to the head. What's not to like, really?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This show's premise centers on the open sea, right?

Here's a scene I hope to see before the show's run ends--which I think will happen sooner than later for the show because methinks it's on the fast track to Cancellation-ville:

Water zombies biting sharks.

Gosh darn it. If zombies eat anything that moves on land, they'll surely eat anything that moves in water. :confused: Nature's perfect predator being gang devoured by zombies. That would be awesome!

:p

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Here's a scene I hope to see before the show's run ends--which I think will happen sooner than later for the show because methinks it's on the fast track to Cancellation-ville:

Gosh darn it. If zombies eat anything that moves on land, they'll surely eat anything that moves in water. :confused: Nature's perfect predator being gang devoured by zombies. That would be awesome!

Been Done.

Get "Zombie 2" by Lucio Fulci.

It was done in 1979 and is heavily influenced by George Romero's "Dawn of the Dead" (He and Fulci were on friendly terms).

Actually it's a pretty good flick.

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
I guess I"m a sucker, because I could watch any unlikeable idiots run away from zombies and be pretty much ok with it. I'd agree that watching people become gradual badasses in the apocalypse is part of what makes TWD so much fun, and it's a lot less fun watching them flail and make stupid decisions. But it's still fun. I mean, underwater zombies, pirates, attractive actresses, a gratuitous propeller to the head. What's not to like, really?

How about the unlikeable idiots for starters? I'm glad you enjoy the show more than I do. Hopefully it gets to a point where we can both enjoy it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about the unlikeable idiots for starters? I'm glad you enjoy the show more than I do. Hopefully it gets to a point where we can both enjoy it.

Best case scenario, the idiots get eaten. Worst case, they develop into characters you don't actually want to see get eaten. It's a win-win.

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score

The thing is... If you were going to go back to beginning and create FTWD series... then it should have been a longer series of the many "collapses" of civilization. The sped through and glossed over that "stuff"

Btw
Did you see the FTWD tie-in to flight 462 (commercial clip) during last weeks finale of TWD?

I saw where Nick looked at the low flying plane that was clearly in distress if that's what you're talking about. I'm curious as to who all survives and how they will be worked into the show.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I saw where Nick looked at the low flying plane that was clearly in distress if that's what you're talking about. I'm curious as to who all survives and how they will be worked into the show.

I heard the Asian chick will be worked in.

Not sure if it's not just rumor though.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Yeah that's about the size of it...

It's not a must have show for me,,, but your points are same for me.

So wait.... Sharks bite and kill humans as it is.

Now, you want sharks to be "dead" biters?

Me no understand the difference .... Lmao

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah that's about the size of it...

It's not a must have show for me,,, but your points are same for me.

So wait.... Sharks bite and kill humans as it is.

Now, you want sharks to be "dead" biters?

Me no understand the difference .... Lmao
Methinks you read it wrong. :p

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I didn't watch the first season and I must say it sounds like I made the right choice.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
This show must be a huge letdown to most people. TWD would have had 2 pages worth of posts this long after the episode had aired.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
This show must be a huge letdown to most people. TWD would have had 2 pages worth of posts this long after the episode had aired.

its just ok to me, still somethin entertaining to watch...but my DVR still records Talking Dead afterwards cause they kept the same name even though its a different show, I was always excited to watch Talking dead for TWD, but tonight I just deleted it before it even finished recordin lol.......probably watch it for the finale but in the meantime I couldnt care less about an aftershow for FTWD......

AzorAhai

Reaction score
its just ok to me, still somethin entertaining to watch...but my DVR still records Talking Dead afterwards cause they kept the same name even though its a different show, I was always excited to watch Talking dead for TWD, but tonight I just deleted it before it even finished recordin lol.......probably watch it for the finale but in the meantime I couldnt care less about an aftershow for FTWD......

I just think this show has been poorly executed thus far. Season one of TWD was great. FTWD had a mediocre 1st season. Season 2 of TWD was slower, but had lots of moments of tension, huge moments of suspense and drama from every angle. So far FTWD is just slow and predictable. If this show wasn't carrying fans from TWD it probably would be canceled. All I can say is get better or die out.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The episode was just more of the same.

I thought the most interesting part was the discussion between the fathers concerning the extent of the outbreak– that it's at least as far as the Rockies.

Personally I think a run over to the amusement park would be an interesting twist.