Feds strike again

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4403780 said:
I put nothing past them. There was no due process in the other seizures so why not?

What should their course of action have been?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
chip_gilkey;4403786 said:
That is BS. The reason they say things like this is to try to gain support for what they're doing. These companies would charge the exact same amount even if they had all the freeloaders' money who watch online for free. Why? Because they can. No company like that is interested in doing anything other than screwing people out of as much money as they possibly can. If they magically got all those people to subscribe I bet their rates wouldn't go down a bit.

That is an interesting quote.

I'd like to know how people who are viewing out-of-market games costs the league or broadcasters anything.

Unless they assume that all those people streaming online would have purchased Sunday Ticket to legally watch out-of-market games, how the hell do they even say they are losing money?

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4403797 said:

I'd like to know how people who are viewing out-of-market games costs the league or broadcasters anything.

Unless they assume that all those people streaming online would have purchased Sunday Ticket to legally watch out-of-market games, how the hell do they even say they are losing money?

If anyone should be making the argument, it's bars that have lost customers to online streaming.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait. Feds are stopping people from stealing, and we're supposed to be upset about this? Cry me a river.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Idgit;4404046 said:
Wait. Feds are stopping people from stealing, and we're supposed to be upset about this? Cry me a river.

I'll be pissed in September when I have to either miss the game or go spend money at the sports bar to watch a game that isn't in my market.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Idgit;4404046 said:

It ain't stealing imho:)

It's like someone placing their tv in their window for all to see if they like. No money is charged.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4403797 said:

It's amazing how the definition of cost is no longer a loss due to spending, but is now defined as money you never had nor probably would have had.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Idgit;4404046 said:

Not really, sometimes I'm just too lazy to hook up my television since I don't use it for much. I don't watch the idgit box. :p

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Cythim;4404537 said:
SOPA would be necessary to block sites like http://www.firstrowsports.eu/ since the feds can't shut it down.

No one wants SOPA. You know that's what they do in North Korea, 'cept for it's a lot worse. However, with the NDAA dictator-like legislation they're getting closer and closer to the end of the spectrum North Korea is on.

By the way, some of these things that effect us on the off-topic zone can turn political. Do we have a board in the election year?

Or maybe the question is, where do peeps around here post for things like this about government, but naturally can get a tad bit political sometimes?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
vta;4404408 said:
It's amazing how the definition of cost is no longer a loss due to spending, but is now defined as money you never had nor probably would have had.

Yeah, I need to file a lawsuit. I'm sure someone out there has at one point in my life done SOMETHING that has prevented me from becoming a Billionaire.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I never understood how sharing streaming stuff on the internet is different than inviting people over to watch the game at your house.

I used to have the dish, and I'm pretty sure I heard my dad say "Yea the game's on the dish come over and watch" about a million times. Should my dad be shut down?

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4404558 said:
No one wants SOPA. You know that's what they do in North Korea, 'cept for it's a lot worse. However, with the NDAA dictator-like legislation they're getting closer and closer to the end of the spectrum North Korea is on.

By the way, some of these things that effect us on the off-topic zone can turn political. Do we have a board in the election year?

Or maybe the question is, where do peeps around here post for things like this about government, but naturally can get a tad bit political sometimes?

No one wants SOPA because it has become taboo to support SOPA. Scare tactics such as "OMG they are gonna use SOPA to shut down the Zone" (which is completely false) or likening it to the actions of a totalitarian regime (which is like comparing Eisenhower to Hitler for building the interstate system) frighten people away from finding out what it actually is intended to do. I don't agree with SOPA because it is using a bazooka when a flyswatter will do the trick but I do not disagree with shutting down or blocking websites that provide illegal access to protected material.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Future;4404709 said:
I never understood how sharing streaming stuff on the internet is different than inviting people over to watch the game at your house.

I used to have the dish, and I'm pretty sure I heard my dad say "Yea the game's on the dish come over and watch" about a million times. Should my dad be shut down?

Is your dad going to invite millions of people over and allow them to pause the game whenever they want? Is he going to earn money from advertisers because of the traffic in and out of his house?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cythim;4404718 said:
Is your dad going to invite millions of people over and allow them to pause the game whenever they want? Is he going to earn money from advertisers because of the traffic in and out of his house?

Are you suggesting that I could burn copies of DVDs for me and buddies and be totally fine so long as I didn't profit off it?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Future;4404709 said:

because if you stream it, thousands of people can watch it and won't even try to find a way to purchase it.

you stick thousand of people in your living room you may have a comparison but something tells me it would cost them more to go to your living room.

a friend of mine in college got busted for stealing tapes from a retail store he worked it. he didn't need them, it was just like the the policeman said - some people do it cause they can't afford it.

others do it cause it's easy.

i'll never understand the lenghts some will go to in order to keep getting services for free just cause it's easy.

not to say i like what the government is doing but a middle ground should be found. until then, like it or not it does violate copyright laws. they know that when they do it so i don't pity them when caught.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Cythim;4404715 said:
No one wants SOPA because it has become taboo to support SOPA. Scare tactics such as "OMG they are gonna use SOPA to shut down the Zone" (which is completely false) or likening it to the actions of a totalitarian regime (which is like comparing Eisenhower to Hitler for building the interstate system) frighten people away from finding out what it actually is intended to do. I don't agree with SOPA because it is using a bazooka when a flyswatter will do the trick but I do not disagree with shutting down or blocking websites that provide illegal access to protected material.

except it was NOT completely false and WAS a total power grab.

did you create those images in your tagline or did you get them online? did you get permission to use them? maybe you did maybe you didn't but now cz would need to ensure that images used, videos posted and so forth comply with the laws which themselves are vague at times in these situations.

would they shut down CZ? not likely. but they would likely shut down sites that any current admin didn't like. but i'll stop there cause this aint political.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Cythim;4404715 said:

Why is it protected simply because of the means I chose to view it with, rather than running my television and computer? I'm not getting it.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4404731 said:
Are you suggesting that I could burn copies of DVDs for me and buddies and be totally fine so long as I didn't profit off it?

Did I say anything remotely close to that?