Feel Good about Vander Esch

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
It's a good thing we lost that Rams game, or we'd never have had a shot at him.

It’s a good thing we won that meaningless Philly game otherwise people’s heads would have exploded when we took him at 15 over James or Edmunds.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
It’s a good thing we won that meaningless Philly game otherwise people’s heads would have exploded when we took him at 15 over James or Edmunds.
Its never a "meaningless" win, you NEVER let your player feel that its OK to lose!

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They seem to prefer trading for future picks over actually selecting players.
2017 was the first year since 2005 that the Cowboys drafted more players than the Patriots. Both teams drafted 9 players this year. In the last 10 years, they've drafted 14 more players than we have, including 13 more in the first 3 rounds.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Right? If we hadn't won any games at all last season, we could have just killed the draft the way the Browns did.

The browns have had endless choke jobs but this one takes the cake. They could have had Barkley and a better QB than Mayfields short ***.

Rarely do you have a shot at your QB and RB early in the same draft and dog it the way they did. It's like picking 2nd fiddle over aikman and emmitt On purpose!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The browns have had endless choke jobs but this one takes the cake. They could have had Barkley and a better QB than Mayfields short ***.

Rarely do you have a shot at your QB and RB early in the same draft and dog it the way they did. It's like picking 2nd fiddle over aikman and emmitt On purpose!
I was out on Mayfield when I saw that 40 yo Arkansas cop form tackle him in the street when he tried to run. I question his “escapability”, LOL!

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like LVE too. I just hope the fans give him some time before expecting stardom. He’s often compared to Brian Urlacher but even he needed some time to develop.

Centex

Reaction score
The kid is a baller. Not only as an individual player but as a teammate. There were games I watched where you could see the defense just feeding off his energy. I am super excited to have drafted him. I think most people have an issue because they consciously still tie talent to big schools. If he got drafted out of Alabama or Florida people would be jumping for joy. Talent can be found all around the country and Boise State has had a really good program the last decade and a half.

I obviously can not and will not promise we have a future hall of famer, because everybody translates to the NFL differently, but I feel really comfortable about the pick at this point in time.
I think that's true. I also think that we have a fear of fast risers who rise based on the combine. LVE was one such fast riser. When he declared he was universally mentioned as a great third round steal. But just because he rose fast doesn't mean he wasn't worthy of rising that high. I think he will be a cornerstone soon

GMO415

Reaction score
Well....I have no reason yet not too.
giphy.gif