Feel Good about Vander Esch

Reaction score
Seems like a quality player and I like the fact that he's got good size. Not a fan of undersized linebackers in general,,,

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree Mayfield is gonna be that dude. You can't own the record books in spots 1 and 2 for the best statistical seasons in college football history and be terrible. He seems mentally tough as well, that doesn't back down from a challenge.

These college offenses can have nobodies producing giant numbers.

He plays in the big 12 so it's not like there is a ton of resistance coming from defenses and he plays in a gimmicky offense.

What is the difference between a guy like Colt McCoy and Baker Mayfield coming out of college? Not a lot.

blueblood70

Reaction score
All these things that Mayfield have like "Confidence", and "Swagger" can go away in no time in the NFL.

Those traits are useless.

Mayfield is short, he has small hands, he has maturity issues, he didn't play under center, and he played in a gimmicky college offense.

He goes against pretty much everything the NFL looks for in a QB.
confidence is not useless, its not lie he has no skills, the only knock on him was his size..thats it, he protects the ball well, can throw from under center or shotgun, can hit all the passes accurate strong arm.. whats the issue? like I said as a UT fan I hated this guy in college but now I can appreciate his talent.. if Wilson and brees can make it at their height so can BM..tell me his weakness? its not is fault they took him 1 and not 4 all he can do is come in and play and this time Cleveland has Tyrod to start and bring BM along slower but they having similar games they wont have to change the offense when spot playing BM while he gets his feet wet..

blueblood70

Reaction score
All these things that Mayfield have like "Confidence", and "Swagger" can go away in no time in the NFL.

Those traits are useless.

Mayfield is short, he has small hands, he has maturity issues, he didn't play under center, and he played in a gimmicky college offense.

He goes against pretty much everything the NFL looks for in a QB.
he played under center a lot more than you think..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
confidence is not useless, its not lie he has no skills, the only knock on him was his size..thats it, he protects the ball well, can throw from under center or shotgun, can hit all the passes accurate strong arm.. whats the issue? like I said as a UT fan I hated this guy in college but now I can appreciate his talent.. if Wilson and brees can make it at their height so can BM..tell me his weakness? its not is fault they took him 1 and not 4 all he can do is come in and play and this time Cleveland has Tyrod to start and bring BM along slower but they having similar games they wont have to change the offense when spot playing BM while he gets his feet wet..

Wilson & Brees are outliers and you are hoping this guy is an outlier as well. I don't like his odds.

blueblood70

Reaction score
These college offenses can have nobodies producing giant numbers.

He plays in the big 12 so it's not like there is a ton of resistance coming from defenses and he plays in a gimmicky offense.

What is the difference between a guy like Colt McCoy and Baker Mayfield coming out of college? Not a lot.
with that thought process than all college QBs have zero chance unless they played in a pro style offense? I dont think OK played as gimmicky of an offense as Ok st ..any whoo who rally give s a flying ***** hes not on our team or in the nfc..lets move on and support :LVe back to the cowboys

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
with that thought process than all college QBs have zero chance unless they played in a pro style offense? I dont think OK played as gimmicky of an offense as Ok st ..any whoo who rally give s a flying ***** hes not on our team or in the nfc..lets move on and support :LVe back to the cowboys

I would say playing in a spread offense is definitely a knock on a QB.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I personally would have taken Saquon 1 and took a qb left at 4 which still would have been a good one but I dont think BM will disappoint and I think they will be fine..they better more worry about using that 4th on that CB from ohio state, if hes not the next superstar stud taking half the field type CB that will be a bust pick for sure..that seemed to be reach given they let all their PB type dbs go the last 2 seasons..

What about BM height at the NFL level? It could be a problem. Would he be a better pocket passer or will he have to get out of the pocket to see the field better?

I would have went Barkley and a taller QB.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
we wont know that until say 3 yrs from now..you anointing one over the other is insane before they see a down..

Yeah but for now we can still go by the "college eye test" lol.

That for now says the browns are crazy mad men!