Feeling optimistic

Blitzen

Reaction score
I actually feel pretty optimistic even with the losses versus the 49ers and Eagles. If the 49ers cannot get healthy, I see no team that has a dominant edge in the NFC. Last year the NFC was weaker than anytime I remember. This year it’s worse. The Cowboys have just as good of a chance to succeed as all these other mediocre teams masquerading as contenders.

I can actually see them winning in the postseason, until the Super Bowl. Wait and see what happens!

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I actually feel pretty optimistic even with the losses versus the 49ers and Eagles. If the 49ers cannot get healthy, I see no team that has a dominant edge in the NFC. Last year the NFC was weaker than anytime I remember. This year it’s worse. The Cowboys have just as good of a chance to succeed as all these other mediocre teams masquerading as contenders.

I can actually see them winning in the postseason, until the Super Bowl. Wait and see what happens!
I find that kind of optimism flawed. The kind where you hope some teams you find as threats fall off the face of the earth, or moreso that you have to get the best seed possible to avoid the teams you secretly think are better than you to get to a super bowl. If you aren't good enough to beat those teams when you face them, then you have no business going deep into the playoffs or expecting to win the ultimate prize.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I find that kind of optimism flawed. The kind where you hope some teams you find as threats fall off the face of the earth, or moreso that you have to get the best seed possible to avoid the teams you secretly think are better than you to get to a super bowl. If you aren't good enough to beat those teams when you face them, then you have no business going deep into the playoffs or expecting to win the ultimate prize.
'the educator' :muttley: bet let's see some insight for real. There are 10 games left...how many do the Cowboys win?

Blitzen

Reaction score
None of the NFC teams have any business being considered contenders, but there will be a NFC game and an NFC representative in the SB. My optimism is basically of the it could be the Cowboys in the SB. Not because I think much of the Cowboys, but how little I respect the entire conference.

If anyone is coming away thinking that the Eagles are a great team, I suggest they are not watching when the Eagles are playing defense.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
'the educator' :muttley: bet let's see some insight for real. There are 10 games left...how many do the Cowboys win?
I rather do that kind thing on our game prediction thread than to spend some time ahead of time deciding who will wind. :) sorry to lazy to play.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I don’t share your optimism, and before someone jumps on me it’s not because I’m negative. lol Regardless how the 49ers are playing right now we don’t match up well with them and they clearly have our number. Odds are they’ll start righting the ship by the time we reach December. The previous two seasons they started kind of slow, then got hot at the end of the year. That seems to be their MO. With the tough remaining schedule the Cowboys have I don’t see them making up the 2.5 game lead Philly has. Granted, Philly also has a tough remaining schedule, but we don’t have much room for error being 2.5 games back. We’re going to be depending on other teams knocking off Philly and hope we can take care of our own business. That’s a tough way to live. Even if Philly wouldn’t lose three more games if we lose once we’re still a half game back. Right now we’re playing for a wild card and that may not be easy because we already have three conference losses.

If we were to lose to Detroit and split with Washington, we could end up losing tiebreakers. If the Cowboys were to slip up once in the next three games against either the Giants, Panthers or Washington, that could be it for our playoff chances. Unless anyone here really believes the Cowboys are going to take care of Miami and Buffalo on the road and beat Detroit and Seattle. I don’t see anyway we’re going to win all those games. The loss to Arizona and the loss to Philly last week may ultimately do the Cowboys in. The loss to AZ will likely come back to haunt them. That’s the one that’s likely to rear its ugly head later in the season, because no way should we have lost that game.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
None of the NFC teams have any business being considered contenders, but there will be a NFC game and an NFeC representative in the SB. My optimism is basically of the it could be the Cowboys in the SB. Not because I think much of the Cowboys, but how little I respect the entire conference.

If anyone is coming away thinking that the Eagles are a great team, I suggest they are not watching when the Eagles are playing defense.
The thing is, and I hate to say it big its the hated Eagles, but I think a team that keeps winning the games that they are supposed to win, even when they do so ugly, are more legit than a team that loses games they are supposed to win like the Arizona game. Right now, the Eagles are winning the games they should be winning for the most part, even if the Cowboys, gnats and commies almost beat them. I think they are still the team to beat. We'll probably split with them, but I still think they're in a better position than us. I'm not going to get confident for almost winning a game.

Blitzen

Reaction score
The thing is, and I hate to say it big its the hated Eagles, but I think a team that keeps winning the games that they are supposed to win, even when they do so ugly, are more legit than a team that loses games they are supposed to win like the Arizona game. Right now, the Eagles are winning the games they should be winning for the most part, even if the Cowboys, gnats and commies almost beat them. I think they are still the team to beat. We'll probably split with them, but I still think they're in a better position than us. I'm not going to get confident for almost winning a game.
I am not confident. I’m just more optimistic because the Eagles’ secondary is tragic. The other top teams in the NFC look underwhelming. It looks like a coin flip I mean.

RomoIsGod

Reaction score
I feel like I've seen this movie before and know how it ends, but we'll see.
Did we fret over losses in the 90s? I recall the Eagles blowing out dalls one of those years then dallas crushes the eagles in the playoffs. 95 I think.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I am not confident. I’m just more optimistic because the Eagles’ secondary is tragic. The other top teams in the NFC look underwhelming. It looks like a coin flip I mean.
The main thing is, towards the end of the season, there is always some team that switches that switch at the end of the season and goes in hot into the playoffs and plays at another level. I'm not confident that the cowboys can flip the switch and play playoff level football.

rambo2

Reaction score
They should win the next 2. That will make them 7 and 3 and anything can happen after that. They do have a shot.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

As long as Jerry is large and in charge I am feeling pessimistic.

Starstruck22

Reaction score

We are all optimistic until we are not. I have no reason to feel any optimism with a QB that has been horrible in big games. And the best predictor of future behavior? PAST BEHAVIOR. Dak is not going to win a SB. Never. Ever. It will not happen.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I think they absolutely have to win the next 3 or they may not make the playoffs.