Feeling optimistic

Flamma

Reaction score
I don’t share your optimism, and before someone jumps on me it’s not because I’m negative. lol Regardless how the 49ers are playing right now we don’t match up well with them and they clearly have our number. Odds are they’ll start righting the ship by the time we reach December. The previous two seasons they started kind of slow, then got hot at the end of the year. That seems to be their MO. With the tough remaining schedule the Cowboys have I don’t see them making up the 2.5 game lead Philly has. Granted, Philly also has a tough remaining schedule, but we don’t have much room for error being 2.5 games back. We’re going to be depending on other teams knocking off Philly and hope we can take care of our own business. That’s a tough way to live. Even if Philly wouldn’t lose three more games if we lose once we’re still a half game back. Right now we’re playing for a wild card and that may not be easy because we already have three conference losses.

If we were to lose to Detroit and split with Washington, we could end up losing tiebreakers. If the Cowboys were to slip up once in the next three games against either the Giants, Panthers or Washington, that could be it for our playoff chances. Unless anyone here really believes the Cowboys are going to take care of Miami and Buffalo on the road and beat Detroit and Seattle. I don’t see anyway we’re going to win all those games. The loss to Arizona and the loss to Philly last week may ultimately do the Cowboys in. The loss to AZ will likely come back to haunt them. That’s the one that’s likely to rear its ugly head later in the season, because no way should we have lost that game.
I have to agree. This post is a reality check. If our front office wanted to make anything different, they would have already seen this and did something before the trade deadline. They're clearly not concerned. I really don't think the end result is a high priority for them.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
:lmao: :lmao: Teams change throughout the season due to injuries and teams finding weakness etc. It’s happened numerous times when a team gets on a roll and keeps it going throughout the playoffs. Since you’ve quit, given up so easily I wonder why you’re even here?
Who said I quit? Just saying it how I see it. The cowboys lack culture and leadership required to make it in the playoffs. Yes, it happens numerous time when a team gets on a roll and keeps it going throughout the playoffs, but those teams have better leadership and aren't run like a country club organization thanks to ownership. I mean you can keep on wishing upon a star all you want, but at the end of the day the more things change the more they stay the same as long as Jerrah is the owner.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Who said I quit? Just saying it how I see it. The cowboys lack culture and leadership required to make it in the playoffs. Yes, it happens numerous time when a team gets on a roll and keeps it going throughout the playoffs, but those teams have better leadership and aren't run like a country club organization thanks to ownership. I mean you can keep on wishing upon a star all you want, but at the end of the day the more things change the more they stay the same as long as Jerrah is the owner.
YOU said you quit. Unbelievable.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I have to agree. This post is a reality check. If our front office wanted to make anything different, they would have already seen this and did something before the trade deadline. They're clearly not concerned. I really don't think the end result is a high priority for them.
I think they were limited in cap space.

11 mil? Then there is next seasons cap. It doesnt look pretty.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Did we fret over losses in the 90s? I recall the Eagles blowing out dalls one of those years then dallas crushes the eagles in the playoffs. 95 I think.
Yes, they did. If they say they didn’t they were either not alive/old enough or lying.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think they were limited in cap space.

11 mil? Then there is next seasons cap. It doesnt look pretty.
They're not limited. Unless they are limited every year. This is the standard operating procedure for the Cowboys. This is not the same front office that acquired Terrell Owens. They don't do that anymore regardless of the situation. Don't expect the Cowboys to do anything to get over the top.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I actually feel pretty optimistic even with the losses versus the 49ers and Eagles. If the 49ers cannot get healthy, I see no team that has a dominant edge in the NFC. Last year the NFC was weaker than anytime I remember. This year it’s worse. The Cowboys have just as good of a chance to succeed as all these other mediocre teams masquerading as contenders.

I can actually see them winning in the postseason, until the Super Bowl. Wait and see what happens!
Vegas setting the line at SF-3, granted they are on the road vs Jags, but not much confidence from the experts in Vegas.

plasticman

Reaction score
The team with the beat record doesn't matter as much as the team playing the best by the end of the regular season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They realize they’re more than a player away and would rather hang onto their draft picks. However, a big physical RB could’ve helped us but I would have hated to give up a premium draft pick for an aging, high mileage Derrick Henry. He hasn’t had more than 69 yards in his last three playoff games. If a good team/defense wants to stop your running game, they can do it.