Feeling optimistic

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have to agree. This post is a reality check. If our front office wanted to make anything different, they would have already seen this and did something before the trade deadline. They're clearly not concerned. I really don't think the end result is a high priority for them.
Let's see this in retrograde....but....but...Coach, he's big and mean!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Moved goal post. Awesome.
No the posts have remained where they have been quite a while. The Cowboys now have a kicker who can make an end of game difference at winning in the playoffs!

CCBoy

Reaction score
You’re kinda boring.
You're just wrong on stances and not really impressive...an opinion also! Who are you teaching and what?

Coming out of Viet Nam, we had to remake the NCO Corp for ten years. 1975-1985

WE did a pretty good job of it.

But be bored on one's own time....not trying to impress you. You certainly aren't a top shelf instructor or leader on much beyond attitude. I was an armor instructor for 12 years as well. I did my jobs.

My posts pin point items for discussion beyond slander and holding onto a topic of singular blame.

Gambit

Reaction score
No, I just think they are winning the games they should. Giants, Red Skins, Cowboys at Home. I never said I expected them to have a perfect season.
Other than the Cardinals game, what game has Dallas lost they they should have easily won?

Now other than the Jets loss how many games have the Eagles lost they should have easily won?

Now total up both sides and give me the number for each, if you do math correctly it is the same number for each team which then negates your previous statement
The thing is, and I hate to say it big its the hated Eagles, but I think a team that keeps winning the games that they are supposed to win, even when they do so ugly, are more legit than a team that loses games they are supposed to win like the Arizona game. Right now, the Eagles are winning the games they should be winning for the most part, even if the Cowboys, gnats and commies almost beat them.
Agenda laden at best.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Other than the Cardinals game, what game has Dallas lost they they should have easily won?

Now other than the Jets loss how many games have the Eagles lost they should have easily won?

Now total up both sides and give me the number for each, if you do math correctly it is the same number for each team which then negates your previous statement

Agenda laden at best.
Eagles only lost one game and given their past track record, I say they are winning the games that they need to win. Do you know your own team and its culture? We are 5-3, we have no claim to say that we are winning the games we need to. Heck, even when another team tries to give us a game, we manage to do mistakes and lose it, as last Sunday. If you want to talk yourself into believing that we are winning the games we should win, consistently, then go ahead. I mean half this fan base is delusional as it is.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Eagles only lost one game and given their past track record, I say they are winning the games that they need to win. Do you know your own team and its culture? We are 5-3, we have no claim to say that we are winning the games we need to. Heck, even when another team tries to give us a game, we manage to do mistakes and lose it, as last Sunday. If you want to talk yourself into believing that we are winning the games we should win, consistently, then go ahead. I mean half this fan base is delusional as it is.
That is also called having a positive and team supportive attitude...your statement there holds no water. Pride is the common element involved, both for the team and for the fan.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
That is also called having a positive and team supportive attitude...your statement there holds no water. Pride is the common element involved, both for the team and for the fan.
The time to be a full blown homer is at game time. Cowboys will do fine in the regular season, but don't have the culture and leadership needed when the playoffs come around. That is my analysis. There are measuring stick games throughout the season that you use to build optimism the closer you get to the playoffs. How have the cowboys done in those that differ from what you come to expect in the age of mediocrity that the team finds itself in? During the rest of the week i prefer to keep it real and I have a thing about people self deluding.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The time to be a full blown homer is at game time. Cowboys will do fine in the regular season, but don't have the culture and leadership needed when the playoffs come around. That is my analysis. There are measuring stick games throughout the season that you use to build optimism the closer you get to the playoffs. How have the cowboys done in those that differ from what you come to expect in the age of mediocrity that the team finds itself in? During the rest of the week i prefer to keep it real and I have a thing about people self deluding.
You have no validity and the off season stands on it's own merit, not a home grown excuse list. You admit it, you revel in insult, not fully discussing a season that is in fact building strongly. No matter what you determine as heckling material. That is your business then, but not the full truth. Jerry or 28 you already declare 29.

Gambit

Reaction score
You're so incredibly inconsistent it's rather comical.
No, I just think they are winning the games they should. Giants, Red Skins, Cowboys at Home.
Right here we see you staying clearly that the Cowboys game at home was an expected win, then turn around and use the Cowboys losing a game according to you they weren't expected to win as some sort of great equalizer to your first erroneous comment about Eagles winning the games they should while doesn't.

Both teams this far have lost 1 game to a team there were expected to win. This is a very simple fact, no matter on intentional twisting around the fact changes that.

Just admit you have an agenda and your doing mental gymnastics to try and make facts fit it.

JBS

Reaction score
Philly is absolutely better than Dallas

Better coached
More efficient
Smarter
They know how to win

Dallas matches up well w Philly. They can beat them. But Philly are hands down the favorites to win the conference

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You have no validity and the off season stands on it's own merit, not a home grown excuse list. You admit it, you revel in insult, not fully discussing a season that is in fact building strongly. No matter what you determine as heckling material. That is your business then, but not the full truth. Jerry or 28 you already declare 29.
Funny for someone to accuse others of reveling in insult, when they love to insult others as well. Season stands for itself if you revel in being regular season champs. For others playoffs is what matters. I stand by stance that the Eagles are getting it done while we manage to look bad against two teams and then lose a game that the eagles were trying to hand us. It doesn't inspire confidence that this years cowboys are different.

spice

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But be bored on one's own time....not trying to impress you. You certainly aren't a top shelf instructor or leader on much beyond attitude. I was an armor instructor for 12 years as well. I did my jobs.
I now understand your are viewing this board as one of the classes which you instructed and we are the young raw fighting men you used to instruct

CWR

Reaction score
I feel like I've seen this movie before and know how it ends, but we'll see.

That's probably the biggest thing against us, history knocking at our door. Until they can get their minds right and play at their best in the playoffs the cycle will continue. Sooner or later the ball has to bounce our way right?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
You're so incredibly inconsistent it's rather comical.

Right here we see you staying clearly that the Cowboys game at home was an expected win, then turn around and use the Cowboys losing a game according to you they weren't expected to win as some sort of great equalizer to your first erroneous comment about Eagles winning the games they should while doesn't.

Both teams this far have lost 1 game to a team there were expected to win. This is a very simple fact, no matter on intentional twisting around the fact changes that.

Just admit you have an agenda and your doing mental gymnastics to try and make facts fit it.
If it makes you feel good to think that we are playing with the same amount of consistency as the Eagles, then go ahead. I'd also write off that cowboys loss to Arizona, if they hadn't gotten blown out of the water the next week. Cowboys still have a chance to prove themselves by sweeping the rest of the NFCE games, which would all be games you expect them to win, if you expected them to split with the Eagles. And as for the Eagles game we lost, it depends on how you look at it. Initially, I expected the cowboys to win, but when a game turns out to be a game everyone says you should've won, including the NFL.COM beat writers, it says something when you end up losing that game anyway because of mental mistakes at critical moments. You see the eagles and the cowboys tied at winning the games they should win. I look at their recent past track record, and it looks like both teams are on similar paths that they were on in recent history. I rather someone view me as having an agenda than view me ad being deluded.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Philly is absolutely better than Dallas

Better coached
More efficient
Smarter
They know how to win

Dallas matches up well w Philly. They can beat them. But Philly are hands down the favorites to win the conference
For the most part I agree. However, Philly looks nothing like a sure thing. I could see them rolling to a 16-1 record and then getting steamrolled by Detroit in the first game of the playoffs.

I just think the teams are all over the place. I could see just about anything happening including Dallas missing the playoffs or making the SB.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Vegas setting the line at SF-3, granted they are on the road vs Jags, but not much confidence from the experts in Vegas.
I have no confidence in any team currently. Though Baltimore has looked great in Baltimore and Burrow has started looking exactly like he has been the last 2 years.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Funny for someone to accuse others of reveling in insult, when they love to insult others as well. Season stands for itself if you revel in being regular season champs. For others playoffs is what matters. I stand by stance that the Eagles are getting it done while we manage to look bad against two teams and then lose a game that the eagles were trying to hand us. It doesn't inspire confidence that this years cowboys are different.
Making up reinforcement of view limited by an attitude. I discuss on points involving football and not just you. You still haven't added into talk a single reason of WHY some positives may be involved. Now, as you were...

CCBoy

Reaction score
I now understand your are viewing this board as one of the classes which you instructed and we are the young raw fighting men you used to instruct
I haven't told you to do a single thing...as an NCO, a directive had the effect of a law. HUGE difference. One had six weeks before an entry level soldier had to go off to way. There was no playing around with unproductive procedure. That leads to clarity for both leadership if discussed, or actions to ensure ability to achieve mission. If one doesn't wish to discuss insights and points of real consideration in progress...find someone else to waste time with then. I'm talking about principals of team and how to discern progress as it happens.

This OP was on optimism. After this weekend, Dallas should be 6-3 and moving up in the NFC standing as well.

Last edited: