CFZ Fess Up: What were you right and wrong about with the 2022 season

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Let's see who wants to out themselves with three things they predicted that was right and wrong about the season.

Right:
1. Tyler Smith will be a stud in the making. Having played D1 college ball and coached junior college football, I'd like to think that I can see potential in players. I said from Day One that Tyler Smith will be the LT of the future and that the staff should just let him play the year at that position. We hit big time with this pick. I argued with a number of posters who thought he should be moved to RT or guard, or even sit and learn. Tyler is the real deal.

2. Either Dak or Moore would be gone at season's end. Well, bye bye Moore.

3. Connor Williams is a decent player misused by our coaching staff. While he's not a world beater, he proved he is more than just a JAG with his season in Miami.

Wrong:
1. NFCE order of finish. I picked Dallas--Philly--Commodes--NYG. I missed every part of the order.

2. Jalen Hurts will never be a good passer. As a very vocal member of the Jalen Hurts sucks brigade, I was dead wrong. No need to expand.

3. The overall quality of our defense might mask the DT weakness. Against bad teams it did sometimes; against good teams, we were exposed.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I was spot on with the season record, but dead wrong thinking the staff/front office would utilize Zeke & Pollard . But once again, was left embarrassed.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Wrong:

I said we'd go 8-9.
I thought the Giants would be last in the division.
I didn't think CeeDee would put up the numbers he did.
I thought the defense would regress a lot.
I thought Maher would suck.

Right:

I said Zeke would not get 1,000 yards rushing.
I said Cooper would be missed.
I said a lot of people would turn on Diggs if he's not getting a crazy amount of INTS.
I said that Hurts would be the best QB in the division.
I said that Eagles would win division.
Oh, and of course, Dak will be Dak and his play would lead to the ending of our season.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
1. we would struggle at WR without Amari
2. Zeke was done
3. the OL would be a mess if Tyron went down.
4. Steele would not be a good RT
5. Pollard would explode given a chance
6. Moore's offense is outdated
7. predicted 11-6 winning the NFC East

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I predicted Dak would choke in the first round, and he would be booed off the field.
I predicted signing Gallup was dumb and he would not be ready by the timeline the team was pushing.
Cooper would be missed dearly.
I was wrong about the OL. They played much better than I thought possible.
I was right about the Eagles. They had a killer offseason and it showed on the field.
I may be right about Hurts. He may sign a million quadzillion dollar contract real soon. And put the Iggles in Cap hell just like Dallas with Dak.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
that many would be in here dreaming about the draft and putting their hopes and dreams on the jones. Then the next year the same thing, and so on and so on for years.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Wrong:
We'd miss the playoffs.
We'd maybe win 9 games.
Ceedee wouldn't ascend into a true #1.
Pollard would take over the starting RB role full time (still can't believe this isn't the case).
LVE was a junk desperation signing.
If you would have told me that Cooper Rush would start 5 games, I would've told you we didn't have a snowball's chance in hell to win 2 of them.
Turpin was a trash signing.
Tyler Smith was a reach in the first round.
Tyron would return to dominance and play most of the season.
Bringing back Maher would come back to haunt the Cowboys at some point. He missed some PAT's, but it hardly impacted the game. Solid season.
Due to his recent enshrinement in Canton, Jerry would break the curse and induct Jimmy into the ROH. Shame on me, on this one.
Michael Gallup wouldn't absolutely be useless this season.

Right:
You still can't trust #4 to take over and win the big games.
We'd play down to poor opponents, like the mentally weak team that we seemingly always are.
Zeke is washed and is likely out of the league by 2025. This "thunder and lightning" crap is just a Jones narrative tailor made for homer fans to eat up.
Tyler Biadasz would come into his own and cement himself as center for years to come.
If we did make the playoffs, history would repeat itself. I predicted SF or PHI beating us.
We would not be aggressive at the trade deadline or make any dignified effort to improve the team like SF, PHI, and KC did.
Come January, I'd be in pain.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see who wants to out themselves with three things they predicted that was right and wrong about the season.

Right:
1. Tyler Smith will be a stud in the making. Having played D1 college ball and coached junior college football, I'd like to think that I can see potential in players. I said from Day One that Tyler Smith will be the LT of the future and that the staff should just let him play the year at that position. We hit big time with this pick. I argued with a number of posters who thought he should be moved to RT or guard, or even sit and learn. Tyler is the real deal.

2. Either Dak or Moore would be gone at season's end. Well, bye bye Moore.

3. Connor Williams is a decent player misused by our coaching staff. While he's not a world beater, he proved he is more than just a JAG with his season in Miami.

Wrong:
1. NFCE order of finish. I picked Dallas--Philly--Commodes--NYG. I missed every part of the order.

2. Jalen Hurts will never be a good passer. As a very vocal member of the Jalen Hurts sucks brigade, I was dead wrong. No need to expand.

3. The overall quality of our defense might mask the DT weakness. Against bad teams it did sometimes; against good teams, we were exposed.
A week before the draft I said this about Tyler Smith. He was my favorite player in the draft.
- He has LT athleticism with the power of a mauling gap-scheme OG.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/tyler-smith-physically-similar-to-larry-allen.495888/

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Can't remember, but I had the team around 10-7.

I won't say I was right about Dak, but he did corroborate my fears about his shortcomings from the 21 season.

I was right to not let the team get my hopes up during the regular season.

I was wrong about the outcome of Cooper Rush's season, but I was rooting for him.

I was wrong about Zeke, I really thought he could go back to his glory days.

I was right about Jerry and Stephen.

I was right about the consequences of the Amari deal. I knew what they did to compensate wouldn't be enough.

I was wrong about Bland. Awesome bloke.

I was right about Washington (the player). What a waste.

Forgot about the rest.

Proof

Reaction score
Honestly, about the only things I was right about this year was that the defense would improve, the wr's would struggle w/out amari, and that the giants would surprise and be a competitive team. oh, and that bobby wagner still had gas in the tank.

i was wrong about almost everything else

record, rueing our offseason losses, season being over after week one, rush being capable, etc etc

Haimerej

Reaction score

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Dead wrong about lamb being a true number 1. Wrong about steele- he was better than I thought and was dead right that We would really miss amari

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Let the gaslighting begin!! Lol

Tyler led the league with 10 holding penalties last year. Only 1 guy had more flags against him. Larry Allen had 13 holding penalties in his career.
That is his only real weakness. That can be fixed.

Haimerej

Reaction score
That is his only real weakness. That can be fixed.
You suppose that's why they fired Philbin? Not sure I'm aware of a guy with a penalty problem overcoming it. Connor Williams' penalties inflated when Philbin arrived, too.