CFZ Fess Up: What were you right and wrong about with the 2022 season

Haimerej

Reaction score
Hmm…good question
I said prior to the year if Philbin fixed his penalties then he should be assistant coach of the year. He was that bad at Tulsa.

So yeah, still not optimistic about the kid. I think part of what is fueling his praise is the low expectations. People were expecting Chaz Green and he didn't completely wet the bed. But it's odd how Connor Williams was reemed for leading the league in penalties while Tyler has been called a stud.

JayFord

Reaction score
I thought they would go 0-17 because i know they sux so bad and they wouldnt score

ok all joking aside....i thought they would go 11-6 win the division and go out in the divisional round (because theyre contractually obligated to go out in that round)

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Let's see who wants to out themselves with three things they predicted that was right and wrong about the season.

Right:
1. Tyler Smith will be a stud in the making. Having played D1 college ball and coached junior college football, I'd like to think that I can see potential in players. I said from Day One that Tyler Smith will be the LT of the future and that the staff should just let him play the year at that position. We hit big time with this pick. I argued with a number of posters who thought he should be moved to RT or guard, or even sit and learn. Tyler is the real deal.

2. Either Dak or Moore would be gone at season's end. Well, bye bye Moore.

3. Connor Williams is a decent player misused by our coaching staff. While he's not a world beater, he proved he is more than just a JAG with his season in Miami.

Wrong:
1. NFCE order of finish. I picked Dallas--Philly--Commodes--NYG. I missed every part of the order.

2. Jalen Hurts will never be a good passer. As a very vocal member of the Jalen Hurts sucks brigade, I was dead wrong. No need to expand.

3. The overall quality of our defense might mask the DT weakness. Against bad teams it did sometimes; against good teams, we were exposed.
I like Smith, but was concerned about his penchant for penalties. some of that showed, but not as much as I expected.
I expected Moore to be gone. because we can't get rid of Dak because of his contract
I didn't think Williams was as bad as everyone made him to be, but I didn't know he could be such a good center. that was a miss on us.
I didn't think we will win the east, I thought eagles were going to . I didn't expect us to go 12-5
I didn't think Hurs would be a good passer. I still don't think he is, his supporting cast is fantastic.
I think the defense performed as I expected. early one, world beaters (unexpected) but settled into what they really were. DT weak position.
I didn't think we get past the first round of playoffs
I expected Tyron to get injured, just not at training camp.
I didn't expect CD to perform as well as he did.
I didn't expect Gallup to underperform as he did.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Wrong
- Had the Cowboys going 9-8.
- McCarthy would be fired if we didn't get to the NFC Championship Game.

Right
- Dak would Dak-it-up in the playoffs should we make it.
- Parsons would notch double-digit sacks again.
- Diggs would get no where near his INT total from last year.
- Zeke's best moves would come against stationary trash cans.
- The Cowboys would suck me in with hope only to dash me with disappointment in the end. Happens every year. :(

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Right:

Trading Amari and Relying on Jalen Tolbert was a mistake
They didn't do enough to address DT
Our offense was still too predictable
Micah not regressing like many of our other star rookies from the past

Wrong:
Our record, never would've guessed 12-5, especially after Dak went down
James Washington - really thought he'd contribute
Dorance Armstrong - Kinda faded towards the end but still did more than i expected
Dak - was a believer at the beginning of the season, but no more
Cooper Rush - not a starter but he definitely showed he belongs in this league

I reserve the right to come back and add more later on cuz i'm sure i'm forgetting some lol

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Right
Eagles would win the division and we’d earn a Wildcard spot.
Thought Dallas could somehow be top 5 in scoring.
End of the season struggles to find a contributing #2 receiver with no Amari.
Leighton Vander Neck would miss some time due to an upper-body/head area injury.
At least one coordinator from the 22/23 season would not be here for the 23/24 season.

Wrong
I though Jalen Tolbert would contribute SOMETHING.
Tyler Smith would struggle to the point of possibly being benched.
Overall team record – thought more appropriate would have been around 10 wins
Didn’t think Dallas would manage top 10 in fewest points allowed.
Didn't think CeeDee could be a superstar as a #1 receiver.

shabazz

Reaction score
I almost drank the Koolaid when they destroyed the Vikings,,,,,,,,,,but I came to my senses the next day

Inconsistency remained consistent

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Let's see who wants to out themselves with three things they predicted that was right and wrong about the season.

Right:
1. Tyler Smith will be a stud in the making. Having played D1 college ball and coached junior college football, I'd like to think that I can see potential in players. I said from Day One that Tyler Smith will be the LT of the future and that the staff should just let him play the year at that position. We hit big time with this pick. I argued with a number of posters who thought he should be moved to RT or guard, or even sit and learn. Tyler is the real deal.

3. Connor Williams is a decent player misused by our coaching staff. While he's not a world beater, he proved he is more than just a JAG with his season in Miami.

Wrong:
1. NFCE order of finish. I picked Dallas--Philly--Commodes--NYG. I missed every part of the order.

2. Jalen Hurts will never be a good passer. As a very vocal member of the Jalen Hurts sucks brigade, I was dead wrong. No need to expand.

3. The overall quality of our defense might mask the DT weakness. Against bad teams it did sometimes; against good teams, we were exposed.
I was right. I said the storm is coming and it came. I said middle of the pack Dak would derail team and he did. But all on here said I was going overboard. Where are they now. We are not going anywhere with Dak. A new offensive coordinator is not going to change Dak’s inability to see the field and make proper reads. That is what you call football intelligence and Dak is inferior with respect to that. We are doomed the next few years due to middle of the pack Dak.

Shane612

Reaction score
I picked KC to win it all.
I picked Dallas to make the playoff.
I predicted Dak would have an up and down year.
So, I was right about everything.
:muttley:

Ken

Reaction score

Right:

Wrong:

Good thread!

Right:
1. Predicted 12 wins or more.
2. Said our OL would be better than last year.
3. Said Steele Was better than Collins. Also said Collins was trash last year and it proved to be the case this year. No one was saying that.
4. Said wasn't sold on Tolbert's initial impact. Eventually may be a player but I thought the likelyhood he made an impact from South Alabama was minimal.
5. Said Ferguson would be a player. Said Sam Williams was best DE in draft and he was at times. Didn't get the burn he should have imo.
6. Said Jordan Davis was nothing special. Said he wasn't this unstoppable force everyone tried to make him out to be....yup.
7. Said late last year and in the beginning of the offseason on this board and to my 2 best buds (who are Eagles fans) that Jalen Hurts could win a super bowl if you build the defense and surround him with talent, ala Russ Wilson. No one on this board believed that and they didn't believe it either.
8. Said our rotation at DE would be better than Randy Gregory...true.
9. Been saying for years that Zeke is washed....yup.
10. Been saying for years Kellen Moore needs to go....yup.

Wrong:
1. Said that Dak would have a better season (in 5 key stats) than Mahomes. Clearly was wrong. Said it because i believed Dak wouldn't be as affected without Amari (mostly right, except for the TOs resulting from throwing those balls to inferior players that would have went to him), as Mahomes would be missing Hill. Mahomes improved as a qb, not relying on his and his top talent nearly as much.
2. I Thought Dallas would win the division, but clearly was wrong.
3. Thought AJ Brown wouldn't be nearly as impactful as he was with the Eagles. He was way better than I thought.
4. I Thought Dlaw was a washed-up player, he played really well this year.

Ken

Reaction score
Let the gaslighting begin!! Lol

Tyler led the league with 10 holding penalties last year. Only 1 guy had more flags against him. Larry Allen had 13 holding penalties in his career.
6 holding penalties.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I thought 10-7 one and done. So yes they exceeded my expectations. I thought the offense was going to be worse and they weren't. The defense was what I expected.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Wrong
1. I expected a 10/11 win season , but they did better.
2. Wasnt sure about playoff win. ( that too Road against the GOAT)
3. Expected offense struggle to score.
4. expected Turpin to score one return TD
5. Eggles play this well with Hurts as QB

Right
1. WR - we didnt Replace lost talent
2. will make playoffs
3. Defense will help us win games and will improve from 2021
4. Trenches have not been fortified to last against physical teams like SF
5. philbin as OL coach was not going to work

starfan1

Reaction score
Right 11-6 or better
would win 1 maybe 2 games if we got lucky in playoffs
would lose because the team didnt play well enough
KM would contribute to losses in playoffs

wrong
defense would be the MAIN reason for playoff futility
penalties would be our undoing
Dak would play well in playoffs (half right)