Reaction score
Cool thread. I wonder who will man up.

WRONG
- wasn’t sure CeeDee was #1 material
- thought Tyler Smith would struggle more with the last second move
- Joseph, Gallimore, Osa... at least one of these sophomores would stand out
- we didn’t have a shot with our backup QB
- thought we would regret losing Randy Gregory more
- by season end, felt like this was the year where Playoff curse might be broken
- we were screwed at kicker… or was I right based on the Playoff choke job? :mad:

RIGHT
- LVE, Biadasz, AB, Steele, Schultz all better than fans give them credit for and it showed when they went out or played hurt
- Should have been giving Pollard all the snaps for a while now
- need move on from Kellen Moore and Philbin
- Tank would rebound,Tyron would get hurt again, LC waste of space
- Eagles were the NFC East Team to fear
- should have gone after a stud DT and more offensive line depth in offseason
- silently but optimistically accepting the dark future that we will never go anywhere with the Jones Boys

Last edited:

Haimerej

Reaction score
3 penalties were declined.
Apparently the discrepancy is on PFR. They have Tyler's declined hold on Aaron Donald's forced fumble sack attributed to Tyron in the game log.

Week 5, 2:18 1st quarter

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I didn't think the defense could lead the NFL in takeaways in consecutive years. That rarely happens, but they did it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I didn't think the defense could lead the NFL in takeaways in consecutive years. That rarely happens, but they did it.
That’s a good one. Would have taken the money on ‘no‘ any day of the week.

RS12

Reaction score
Wrong about the record, had 8 or 9 wins.

Right about the the QB ultimately not getting it done when the lights were bright and leaving another floater in the bowl at the end. Spare me your stats, heard it a million times already. No sale.

Ken

Reaction score
Apparently the discrepancy is on PFR. They have Tyler's declined hold on Aaron Donald's forced fumble sack attributed to Tyron in the game log.

Week 5, 2:18 1st quarter
Yup good catch.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Right: I thought the Cowboys would win 11 games and we would be a tougher team to beat. I did not think we would miss Gregory and La’el. I thought Pollard would be our best running back.

Wrong: I thought Steele would be the weaklink to our offensive line. I thought when Gallup returned from injury we would not miss Cooper. I thought after beating Brady in the playoffs Dak would prove to be the best quarterback in the NFC by the end of the playoffs. :facepalm:

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I was dead wrong on missing Randy Gregory. Could you imagine if we had all the money that we offered him tied to that guy right now. What a joke.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Wrong - we won’t make the playoffs
Right - Dak will struggle w/o Coop and Ced

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I thought Zeke would have a comeback year.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Off a game or 2 on our record but right about the results - Dak just ain't gonna ever get it done!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Let's see who wants to out themselves with three things they predicted that was right and wrong about the season.

Right:
1. Tyler Smith will be a stud in the making. Having played D1 college ball and coached junior college football, I'd like to think that I can see potential in players. I said from Day One that Tyler Smith will be the LT of the future and that the staff should just let him play the year at that position. We hit big time with this pick. I argued with a number of posters who thought he should be moved to RT or guard, or even sit and learn. Tyler is the real deal.

2. Either Dak or Moore would be gone at season's end. Well, bye bye Moore.

3. Connor Williams is a decent player misused by our coaching staff. While he's not a world beater, he proved he is more than just a JAG with his season in Miami.

Wrong:
1. NFCE order of finish. I picked Dallas--Philly--Commodes--NYG. I missed every part of the order.

2. Jalen Hurts will never be a good passer. As a very vocal member of the Jalen Hurts sucks brigade, I was dead wrong. No need to expand.

3. The overall quality of our defense might mask the DT weakness. Against bad teams it did sometimes; against good teams, we were exposed.
I thought with all the off season personnel losses like Coop and Randy we would only win 9 games.
I was obviously wrong.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My wrongs and I’d have to alphabetize them if listing them all.

- I thought LVE was shot
- I did not know Zeke was shot, only that he was regressing
- I thought I’d learn just how good CeeDee is and I really still don’t know
- I thought they would use Turpin on O
- I thought with more Pollard, we’d improve in the screen game
- I thought we would curb stomp Washington at the end there, not the reverse

bigE79

Reaction score
Let's see who wants to out themselves with three things they predicted that was right and wrong about the season.

Right:
1. Tyler Smith will be a stud in the making. Having played D1 college ball and coached junior college football, I'd like to think that I can see potential in players. I said from Day One that Tyler Smith will be the LT of the future and that the staff should just let him play the year at that position. We hit big time with this pick. I argued with a number of posters who thought he should be moved to RT or guard, or even sit and learn. Tyler is the real deal.

2. Either Dak or Moore would be gone at season's end. Well, bye bye Moore.

3. Connor Williams is a decent player misused by our coaching staff. While he's not a world beater, he proved he is more than just a JAG with his season in Miami.

Wrong:
1. NFCE order of finish. I picked Dallas--Philly--Commodes--NYG. I missed every part of the order.

2. Jalen Hurts will never be a good passer. As a very vocal member of the Jalen Hurts sucks brigade, I was dead wrong. No need to expand.

3. The overall quality of our defense might mask the DT weakness. Against bad teams it did sometimes; against good teams, we were exposed.
It ended as I thought it would, another dak choke job and a loss in the division round.

DanA

Reaction score
  • Right that Zeke is/was cooked
  • Right that Ceedee was a proper no.1
  • Right that the rest of the WR would struggle (though underestimating Noah Brown)
  • Right that we'd not go far in the Playoffs
  • Wrong thinking the coaching staff wouldn't use Pollard properly
  • Wrong thinking Tank wasn't worth his contract and wouldn't make it through the season
  • Wrong thinking Odigi would explode into a top DT
  • Wrong thinking LVE was a bad signing (I wanted Wagner)

I picked 11-6 before Dak missed 6 games so not far off but that would have dropped to 8-9 if I new Rush was QB for 6 weeks.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I predicted Dak would choke in the first round, and he would be booed off the field.
I predicted signing Gallup was dumb and he would not be ready by the timeline the team was pushing.
Cooper would be missed dearly.
I was wrong about the OL. They played much better than I thought possible.
I was right about the Eagles. They had a killer offseason and it showed on the field.
I may be right about Hurts. He may sign a million quadzillion dollar contract real soon. And put the Iggles in Cap hell just like Dallas with Dak.
The Eagles should be happy to pay Hurts. He proved he can at least get to the SB. Dak on the other hand hasn't even come close.