Field Goal Picture

djtavo

Jesus is Lord
Reaction score
http://img300.*************/img300/2766/nflfootballwashingtonreuy9.png

****Picture by theebs, thanks bro for the the HQ pic

Boysboy

Reaction score
Really, who cares? We were just FLAT OUT OUTPLAYED in this game. Clinton Portis OWNED us-was this "the fix"'s fault as well? Was it also "the fix"'s fault Newman go owned all day as well? Was it also "the fix"'s fault Garrett called a horrible game?

Ren

Reaction score
Looks like the ball is still a bit away and going by the angle it's going to be good

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2293514 said:
Really, who cares? We were just FLAT OUT OUTPLAYED in this game. Clinton Portis OWNED us-was this "the fix"'s fault as well? Was it also "the fix"'s fault Newman go owned all day as well? Was it also "the fix"'s fault Garrett called a horrible game?
I care. the freaking FG was no good. im sick of these refs.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2293514 said:

We were definately outplayed, but is good officiating too much to ask for? A missed FG is a missed FG. Don't give them 3 points if it's a miss. Simple, really.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Boysboy;2293514 said:
Was it also "the fix"'s fault Newman go owned all day as well?

It's amazing that you can get "owned all day" when you allow only one catch thrown more than 3 yards downfield.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
If that had been called a miss, I guarantee you the skins wouldn't have settled for a field goal there at the end of the game... they'd have tried to punch it in.

That call didn't steal the game from us. We played like crap, plain and simple.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Danny White;2293553 said:
If that had been called a miss, I guarantee you the skins wouldn't have settled for a field goal there at the end of the game... they'd have tried to punch it in.

That call didn't steal the game from us. We played like crap, plain and simple.
We really did.

mwj473

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2293541 said:
It's amazing that you can get "owned all day" when you allow only one catch thrown more than 3 yards downfield.

Nevermind.....I should read 1st

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2293541 said:
How does that change a thing? If the plan is to take advantage of soft coverage and it works, you still got abused.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
I'm a Commanders fan, and I admit, it did look VERY wide, not just a yard or 2. BUT, you see this every game. We did not see an overhead angle, and we did not see a side angle. We saw the angle from way the hell up in the stads, which shows nothing. Watch it again, the refs signal good WAY before we all see what appears to be a miss, meaning it had already gone through. It also becomes irrelevant when you realize that the COwboys just flat out got their ***** handed to them most of the night in every aspect of the game. Every team nitpicks when they lose, regardless of what something does or doesn't appear to be.

That being said, the Cowboys were lucky just to make a game of it. On the stat sheet, the Commanders should have won by way more than they did. Be glad it was even close, and take a loss when you get it, especially when you earn it as well as you did today.

Nobody has had the share of crap calls that the Commanders have gotten over the years, especially the Norville era. All the media agrees to this, as they discuss nearly every time they get a crap call. It's the nature of the beast.

Losses suck, no matter how they come. But when you get hammered by a team you were picked to crush, accept the fact it was because you got outplayed, and not because the refs blew it.

The Commanders got called twice for defensive holding. A call you almost never see unless it's on special teams, which neither one was. Also, the second called back TD for a holding call on Rabach was BS, because he never made contact with anyone at all, outside of the bump he got on the snap.

It is what it is, let us enjoy it. We beat you, not the refs. It's not going to ruin your season, we both know that. Hell, it might be the high point of ours, so we will celebrate like we won the game of the year.

Tonight, we earned it. See you in Washington.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
TheCount;2293597 said:
How does that change a thing? If the plan is to take advantage of soft coverage and it works, you still got abused.

My comment was about Newman, not the pass defense in general. Newman wasn't the one getting abused.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Extreme;2293599 said:
I'm a Commanders fan, and I admit, it did look VERY wide, not just a yard or 2. BUT, you see this every game. We did not see an overhead angle, and we did not see a side angle. We saw the angle from way the hell up in the stads, which shows nothing. Watch it again, the refs signal good WAY before we all see what appears to be a miss, meaning it had already gone through. It also becomes irrelevant when you realize that the COwboys just flat out got their ***** handed to them most of the night in every aspect of the game. Every team nitpicks when they lose, regardless of what something does or doesn't appear to be.

That being said, the Cowboys were lucky just to make a game of it. On the stat sheet, the Commanders should have won by way more than they did. Be glad it was even close, and take a loss when you get it, especially when you earn it as well as you did today.

Nobody has had the share of crap calls that the Commanders have gotten over the years, especially the Norville era. All the media agrees to this, as they discuss nearly every time they get a crap call. It's the nature of the beast.

Losses suck, no matter how they come. But when you get hammered by a team you were picked to crush, accept the fact it was because you got outplayed, and not because the refs blew it.

The Commanders got called twice for defensive holding. A call you almost never see unless it's on special teams, which neither one was. Also, the second called back TD for a holding call on Rabach was BS, because he never made contact with anyone at all, outside of the bump he got on the snap.

It is what it is, let us enjoy it. We beat you, not the refs. It's not going to ruin your season, we both know that. Hell, it might be the high point of ours, so we will celebrate like we won the game of the year.

Tonight, we earned it. See you in Washington.

The refs beat us, not the Commanders.:cool:

StylisticS

Reaction score
theebs;2293591 said:
From that point on in this picture, the FG continues to drift to the left. There just simply needs to be another angle but I don't think there is.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I kind of think the players and coaches would be complaining more about it if it really was wide. Even if it was, I kind of would rather see us put it past us because the game isn't going to be reversed. That being said, it's critical to rip into the refs when they screw up because if you don't, they'll never improve. And I'd much rather have them screw up now then in December or January.

YAKUZA

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
we need to raise holy hell about that FG call. it was no good and i said it at the time. im sick of the refs screwing the cowboys.just like the refcalling a td for philly when D. Jackson never crossed the goaline.