Field Goal Picture

1fisher

Reaction score
TheCount;2295028 said:
Our whole defense got beaten up and down the field really, no one is exempt. I don't know why you want to exclude Newman from the equation. He got beat on two TD's, to hell with the "one catch over 3 yards", you gonna take those two TD's a game along with that no catch over 3 yards every game?

You two are arguing like this is a vote to put Newman in the Pro Bowl or something.

Read the archives and that will answer your question regarding Newman

Don't get me wrong.. I like Newman but yesterday was bad. He's seen Moss for several years now and he should know better than to bite on that double move. Newman got SUCKED IN big time yesterday!

jcblanco22

Reaction score
Also, the second called back TD for a holding call on Rabach was BS, because he never made contact with anyone at all, outside of the bump he got on the snap.

Just a correction, the penalty on that play was illegal man downfield, they showed where Rabach went too far down the field and hit a linebacker, I believe it was Ware.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I don't think the FG was good. I don't think it hooked after it passed the upright...it looked left all the way to me. Given the horrid officiating we've seen at almost every game this year, I doubt anyone would be surprised if it in fact was no good.

Regardless, we would have lost. They were the better team yesterday, and giving us a break like this would've meant we'd have found another way to lose.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Extreme;2293599 said:
The Commanders got called twice for defensive holding. A call you almost never see unless it's on special teams, which neither one was.

You either don't understand the rule, or don't watch much football then.

Extreme;2293599 said:
Also, the second called back TD for a holding call on Rabach was BS, because he never made contact with anyone at all, outside of the bump he got on the snap.

I thought Rabach was called for ineligible man down field, twice, not a hold?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I'm really glad the majority of us are not making excuses on this field goal for the loss. We got outplayed, and everyone is admitting that.

At least we're not making excuses about the calls/refs like some fans

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2293599 said:
I'm a Commanders fan, and I admit, it did look VERY wide, not just a yard or 2. BUT, you see this every game. We did not see an overhead angle, and we did not see a side angle. We saw the angle from way the hell up in the stads, which shows nothing. Watch it again, the refs signal good WAY before we all see what appears to be a miss, meaning it had already gone through. It also becomes irrelevant when you realize that the COwboys just flat out got their ***** handed to them most of the night in every aspect of the game. Every team nitpicks when they lose, regardless of what something does or doesn't appear to be.

That being said, the Cowboys were lucky just to make a game of it. On the stat sheet, the Commanders should have won by way more than they did. Be glad it was even close, and take a loss when you get it, especially when you earn it as well as you did today.

Nobody has had the share of crap calls that the Commanders have gotten over the years, especially the Norville era. All the media agrees to this, as they discuss nearly every time they get a crap call. It's the nature of the beast.

Losses suck, no matter how they come. But when you get hammered by a team you were picked to crush, accept the fact it was because you got outplayed, and not because the refs blew it.

The Commanders got called twice for defensive holding. A call you almost never see unless it's on special teams, which neither one was. Also, the second called back TD for a holding call on Rabach was BS, because he never made contact with anyone at all, outside of the bump he got on the snap.

It is what it is, let us enjoy it. We beat you, not the refs. It's not going to ruin your season, we both know that. Hell, it might be the high point of ours, so we will celebrate like we won the game of the year.

Tonight, we earned it. See you in Washington.

I hate to admit it but you are right...:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Extreme;2293857 said:
I will be here, because I have nowhere else to go. I was perma banned from ES 9 times, 9 different names, even using proxy servers they sniffed me out. But, I left an impact lol. They ban people for anything there. I got banned for calling out a mod for repeatedly abusing his power and breaking more rules than any member he was banning, go figure.

Again, you are irrelevant, and it shows it does bother you, because you let me get so deep under your skin when I never made an attempt to. So, get over yourself.

So what are we now? A haven for the homeless?

ringmaster

Reaction score
Extreme;2293599 said:
I'm a Commanders fan, and I admit, it did look VERY wide, not just a yard or 2. BUT, you see this every game. We did not see an overhead angle, and we did not see a side angle. We saw the angle from way the hell up in the stads, which shows nothing. Watch it again, the refs signal good WAY before we all see what appears to be a miss, meaning it had already gone through. It also becomes irrelevant when you realize that the COwboys just flat out got their ***** handed to them most of the night in every aspect of the game. Every team nitpicks when they lose, regardless of what something does or doesn't appear to be.

That being said, the Cowboys were lucky just to make a game of it. On the stat sheet, the Commanders should have won by way more than they did. Be glad it was even close, and take a loss when you get it, especially when you earn it as well as you did today.

Nobody has had the share of crap calls that the Commanders have gotten over the years, especially the Norville era. All the media agrees to this, as they discuss nearly every time they get a crap call. It's the nature of the beast.

Losses suck, no matter how they come. But when you get hammered by a team you were picked to crush, accept the fact it was because you got outplayed, and not because the refs blew it.

The Commanders got called twice for defensive holding. A call you almost never see unless it's on special teams, which neither one was. Also, the second called back TD for a holding call on Rabach was BS, because he never made contact with anyone at all, outside of the bump he got on the snap.

It is what it is, let us enjoy it. We beat you, not the refs. It's not going to ruin your season, we both know that. Hell, it might be the high point of ours, so we will celebrate like we won the game of the year.

Tonight, we earned it. See you in Washington.
Trust me you will.