fiesta bowl

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Holy crap, last night I figured this game cost me $380.00 in a pool of picking all the Bowl games.

Turns out I am in a 3 way tie for 1st place with 19 wins and 8 losses. The 2 people with 18 losses cannot catch me because we have the exact same 5 winners left.

One guy tied with me has the same 5 winners, the other guy has Ohio over Southern Miss in the GMAC Bowl on the 7th.

The tie breaker is total points of the Championship game. I have 48, the guy tied with me has 61, closest to it wins.

That means if Southern Miss wins and the total combined score is 54 or less I win the money. At a combined 55 the guy who has the same remaining winners as me would win. If Ohio wins the other guy currently tied wins it no matter what happpens in the final game.

Come on Southern Miss and some defense by both Florida and Ohio State.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1281631 said:
Holy crap, last night I figured this game cost me $380.00 in a pool of picking all the Bowl games.

Turns out I am in a 3 way tie for 1st place with 19 wins and 8 losses. The 2 people with 18 losses cannot catch me because we have the exact same 5 winners left.

One guy tied with me has the same 5 winners, the other guy has Ohio over Southern Miss in the GMAC Bowl on the 7th.

The tie breaker is total points of the Championship game. I have 48, the guy tied with me has 61, closest to it wins.

That means if Southern Miss wins and the total combined score is 54 or less I win the money. At a combined 55 the guy who has the same remaining winners as me would win. If Ohio wins the other guy currently tied wins it no matter what happpens in the final game.

Well can not comment on So Miss this year, but do not overlook Ohio University...I know not Ohio State, they are having a pretty good year and Solich (yes Frank Solich formally of Nebraska) has them playing pretty darn good.

Sounds like a down to the wire win or lose case for you.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Funny story of the day about this game. The Purchasing Agent here is a guy in his late 60's named Bob. A real character, very loud.

This morning he hears some of us talking about the game and he says, "don't you feel bad for Boise State losing like that?" He went to bed after the INT for a TD and missed the finish. He had no idea it went to OT and Boise State won and he didn't TiVO it.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1281636 said:
Funny story of the day about this game. The Purchasing Agent here is a guy in his late 60's named Bob. A real character, very loud.

This morning he hears some of us talking about the game and he says, "don't you feel bad for Boise State losing like that?" He went to bed after the INT for a TD and missed the finish. He had no idea it went to OT and Boise State won and he didn't TiVO it.

Man I am dragging this morning. Stayed up and watched the whole thing.

Before the game I thought Boise State would have a 1-2 score lead going into the half. Many smaller schools who can score will do that, but when their inferior depth compared to big schools kick in they usually can not last a whole game.

So I said to myself. I will watch it until the 4th quarter, if they are still hanging in I will stick it out, I honestly thought that OU would start taking over around mid 3rd quarter.

Not only did they stick it out for the 3rd and 4th but also the overtime. Another amazing thing is they led the whole game until there was just a minute and a few seconds left in the 4th quarter.

Really is an amazing story and one that would make a great movie.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
My jaw dropped at both of those play calls.

My original plan was to stay up until the game was out of reach... 28-10 almost did it. Then they just kept going and I couldn't turn it off. Good thing. Unbelievable game.

Just wish it meant something. Could you imagine if BSU was now prepping for next week's game against USC?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
peplaw06;1281658 said:

My original plan was to stay up until the game was out of reach... 28-10 almost did it. Then they just kept going and I couldn't turn it off. Good thing. Unbelievable game.

Just wish it meant something. Could you imagine if BSU was now prepping for next week's game against USC?
I'll tell you what, if Ohio State by some miracle loses, I will personally say Boise State is my National Champ and I'd love it if the Bowl voters did the same and screwed the BCS.

They'd be the only undefeated Division 1A team.

I hate the BCS. We need a championship tourney. It would be the best sporting event in the world.

royhitshard

Reaction score
Hostile;1281800 said:
I'll tell you what, if Ohio State by some miracle loses, I will personally say Boise State is my National Champ and I'd love it if the Bowl voters did the same and screwed the BCS.

I hate the BCS. We need a championship tourney. It would be the best sporting event in the world.

Count me in.

Gossamer

Reaction score
Hostile;1281631 said:

Well, I didn't really have a reason to watch the So. Miss game.....

That 54 points or less in the big game is gonna be tough....

OSU 28 Florida 21 - (49)....I don't know, that might be very realistic actually.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gossamer;1282027 said:
Well, I didn't really have a reason to watch the So. Miss game.....

That 54 points or less in the big game is gonna be tough....

OSU 28 Florida 21 - (49)....I don't know, that might be very realistic actually.
The Vegas over/under when I made the pick was 47.5.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
peplaw06;1281658 said:

Ditto...just a flabbergasting finale.

Zabransky is on Rome is Burning. This kid lost his brother and then his dad went into a coma with West Nile Fever, and hence suffered serious anxiety and depression. He had to battle quite hard to come back for it last year.

Kid's a winner, for sure.

jimmy40

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1281642 said:

I've tossed and turned many nights not being able to get over tough losses by the Boys or my Horns but last night was the first time ever that I couldn't sleep because I was laughing so hard about a football game.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;1283033 said:
BrAinPaiNt;1281642 said:

I've tossed and turned many nights not being able to get over tough losses by the Boys or my Horns but last night was the first time ever that I couldn't sleep because I was laughing so hard about a football game.

I was not laughing about the game, but I was dreaming about that game...as the alarm went off I was dreaming it was a sound from the game meaning they, broncos, just scored :laugh2:

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Gossamer;1281336 said:
Here she is. Not quite a 10, but maybe a 7.

Her name is Chrissy Popadics.

IMG_2714.JPG

That's a VERY average 6.5 on her best day and with beer goggles. She looked much better on TV. She couldn't handle a real man like the one in my avatar.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1282726 said:
Ditto...just a flabbergasting finale.

Zabransky is on Rome is Burning. This kid lost his brother and then his dad went into a coma with West Nile Fever, and hence suffered serious anxiety and depression. He had to battle quite hard to come back for it last year.

Kid's a winner, for sure.
I went to high school with Jake and Josh, his older brothers. I remember when I was in college, one of them killed himself, but I forget which one it was. We're from a very small town and it was a huge tragedy.

I never heard that about his dad, though.

I'll tell you one thing... he had an older sister who was seriously hot! Man did I have a crush on her! I'll post a yearbook pic if I can find one. Get ready for serious 80s hair, though. :D

I've always pulled for Jared... it's just too bad his crowing moment had to come against my favorite team. :mad:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Danny White;1283794 said:
I went to high school with Jake and Josh, his older brothers. I remember when I was in college, one of them killed himself, but I forget which one it was. We're from a very small town and it was a huge tragedy.

I never heard that about his dad, though.

I'll tell you one thing... he had an older sister who was seriously hot! Man did I have a crush on her! I'll post a yearbook pic if I can find one. Get ready for serious 80s hair, though. :D

I've always pulled for Jared... it's just too bad his crowing moment had to come against my favorite team. :mad:
After last night I want him as a backup to Tony. That could be his pennance to you and Sooner nation here.

:D

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Danny White;1283794 said:

Here she is... big hair and all: :D

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v321/Schenk/Zabransky.jpg

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Danny White;1284293 said:
Here she is... big hair and all: :D

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v321/Schenk/Zabransky.jpg

Shoot, that's not "90's" hair bro. I went to the Walmart in Sherman Tx just last weekend, and there were half a dozen "dead ringers" there!

Ya get a lot of them N. Tx, Okie cross-breeds up there ya know.

:D

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;1281800 said:

Count me in too. Could you imagine a Final of Boise St. vs Ohio St. Talk about knotted undies... :)