FIFA World Cup Prediction Time

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
England won at home in 1966, with help from a "Russian" (actually He was from Azerbaijan, but He's always been called that) linesman, the next 50+ years have been mediocre at best, 1 WC semi-final 1990, 1 Euro champs semi-final 1996 (they finished 3rd in 1968 when there were 4 teams), for whatever reason (and there have been numerous reasons and theories put forward), Our National side always sucks, at this point I'd be astonished if they won and have little optimism about them winning in My lifetime.
Still, I'll be cheering anyway and when they lose, I'll still watch (and be secretly relieved that the inevitable has happened and I've been put out of My misery and that those horrible adverts featuring Our latest batch of failures are gonna be disappearing off of My TV screen), I'll still enjoy the matches and I'll pick another team to root for (if they loose, I'll pick another etc etc, all the way to the final)
To sum up...if they win be very, very surprised.

Good luck at least England are \ playing in the World Cup. My nation Italy oh well it friggen hurts. :(

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I was so surprised Italy not in it wounder what happened to them?

Don't ask my heart is still burning. They played in a playoff with Sweden and lost 1 to 0 in Sweden. At home they had many chances to win and they couldn't score. When you hire a coach who was useless and stubborn on his selections and formations that's what you get. Ventura was a bad hire and an old goat who lived with the past. Thank god Italy has the right coach now in Roberto Mancini. They will rebuild and will make a come back for Euro in 2 years time. They will have a nice young team.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
France vs England
Brazil vs Columbia
Spain vs Uruguay
Germany vs Argentina

Brazil vs Spain
Germany vs France

Germany vs Brazil

Brazil gets revenge and number 6.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I got Brazil...

I didn't even know they were the favorite either until recently.

The last 3 world cups have been defensive and I think Brazil has a good midfield and Defense but they are going to light up the scoreboard.

Neymar takes the next step in his career and gets elevated into the Ronaldo / Messi category.

I hope Argentina wins because I would like to see Messi put this on his resume.. I'm picking Brazil.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I got Brazil...

The last 3 world cups have been defensive and I think Brazil has a good midfield and Defense but they are going to light up the scoreboard.

Neymar takes the next step in his career and gets elevated into the Ronaldo / Messi category.

I hope Argentina wins because I would like to see Messi put this on his resume.. I'm picking Brazil.

That's certainly a legitimate possibility. Brazil is another team, like Germany, that you can't take for granted. They're always in the mix to win it all.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I got Brazil...

I don't think Brazil have a chance. Argentina I used to be a big fan but I hate them now because of Messi.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'll start with my prediction:

Quarter Finals:

France vs Argentina
Brazil vs. Germany
Portugal vs. Japan
England vs. Spain

Semifinals:

Spain vs. Germany
Argentina vs. Portugal

Final:

Germany vs. Argentina (again)

Winner: Germany (again).

Welp, I lost the winner part of this officially, haha. Nearly lost the entire final prediction.

erod

Reaction score
The best team I've seen so far is Belgium.

JBS

Reaction score
Well, we shall see what England makes of them tomorrow. Go 3 Lions!

You should probably root for England to lose and fall into the much easier half of the bracket

Bigdog

Reaction score
Rather insightful of you, haha.
I thought so. I am running out of teams to root for since the US and my two heritage Germany and Ireland are not in it. Sentimentally, I would like to see Messi win it but I don't think he has the players around him to do it. Belgium is fun to watch. England would be nice. Croatia is a dark horse.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I thought so. I am running out of teams to root for since the US and my two heritage Germany and Ireland are not in it. Sentimentally, I would like to see Messi win it but I don't think he has the players around him to do it. Belgium is fun to watch. England would be nice. Croatia is a dark horse.
Belgium are over rated, they have a solid 11 but no squad depth. It would be amazing to see England win it but they won't of course. Black Beauty is a dark horse.