Figures of Speech That Should Disappear Forever

It's raining cats and dogs - What a horrific event that would be. Umbrellas wouldn't help at all, rain gutters and down spouts would be completely clogged with fur, and I can't even fathom what a flash flood would look like.

Cost you an arm and a leg - That seems steep.

They're gonna poop a brick - Are we talking adobe, cinder, concrete, or clay? Details matter when discussing passing a rectangular porous block.
 
Yo. I feel like it's starting to calm down but there was a time when every kid was trying to finish their sentence with this word.

It's also capable of doubling up the annoyance. Take @DallasEast list for example - "You know what I'm saying?"

All you have to do is add "You know what I'm saying, yo?" and suddenly you get twice the discomfort.
 
There's literally nothing to eat

No, there's plenty of food in the house, you just want something else.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
476,200
Messages
14,672,280
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top