Twitter: Ogbonnia playing very well so far

You all do realize that that was the plan right OSA was already under a large contract and they were going to reduce his role and that is why he got traded they brought in other guys that can be rotated in and fit better for what they needed behind Clark and QW so now they can bring in Ogbonnia and by the way Bullard was also playing pretty well so the whole rotation thing was working out exactly the way they wanted yes the specific guy some are better pass rushers some are better run stuffers and they give the number one guys a break and they don't have a big drop off..

So yes this is not a surprise he did this in training camp or practice I don't remember when I saw him first but the other guys are doing pretty well in this rotation up front they're tackling better they're stopping the run better They do need to get a better pass rush as far as from the outside to help the inside guys but yeah but don't forget to bring Bullard out of this conversation. I think before he got hurt he was also playing pretty well so that was the plan the plan is working.

You end up getting a nice draft pick for OSA and now you have three cheaper guys taking his place in a nice rotational role.
That's a ton of words to say he was a salary cap dump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I don't know. Clark has had some of his best years as an NT. Since the NT has to do the dirty work, I'd have to go back and watch each snap by both players at NT to determine if we're better with Clark or Ogbonnia there. I do think Ogbonnia has shown he can be stalwart against the run, which is the main thing we need at NT, but I can't say how many of his run stops have come at DE/DT and how many at NT.
So did Ratliff, and he wasn't a NT.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
476,201
Messages
14,672,323
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top