Film Breakdown

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Watching it.

Around 6 minutes he’s criticizing Jarwin for not running his route over the middle.

That’s the play design. It’s a levels concept meant to give you an option at each level of the defense.

I’ll keep watching but some of this analysis is questionable.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Watching it.

Around 6 minutes he’s criticizing Jarwin for not running his route over the middle.

That’s the play design. It’s a levels concept meant to give you an option at each level of the defense.

I’ll keep watching but some of this analysis is questionable.

Akoye is not a pro scout but what he's saying is that there was some plays to be made and I agree. He's doesn't trust what he sees nor do he trust his ability to complete those plays, additionally some of the sacks are due to this.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I don’t need Akoye or whatever his name is, to tell me Dak played bad.

He’s just another fan who watches the film.

But yes. Dak didn’t play well. He is hesitating and not seeing the field right now. That needs to change.

LittleD

Reaction score
I don’t need Akoye or whatever his name is, to tell me Dak played bad.

He’s just another fan who watches the film.

But yes. Dak didn’t play well. He is hesitating and not seeing the field right now. That needs to change.

Of course he is hesitating but, he can't change. He just can't grasp the defense in time to make sound decisions.
QB's of Dak's pedigree and demeanor don't change...they can't.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
A "must see" Akoye analysis? That idiot is a bonafied Dak hater with an agenda. Half of the time he doesn't know what he's talking about either. He probably never played football but was playing the flute in band from the sidelines during high school. lol. Yeah, let's take his advice/analysis. What a joke.

superonyx

Reaction score
No pass for Linehan. You need to earn these free passes and he hasn’t.
They scapegoated Dez last season. Now it’s Daks turn.
These losers need a fall guy.

Real coaches don’t scapegoat your players. You put them in position to succeed with their strengths.
He shouldn’t be surprised by anything his QB does good or bad. Any coach that doesn’t know what he has in a player is clueless.

This offense has need perfect execution from all 11 guys on every play for years.
If they were rusty then that’s on the coaches for not practicing and playing before the 1st game.

birdwells1

Reaction score
A "must see" Akoye analysis? That idiot is a bonafied Dak hater with an agenda. Half of the time he doesn't know what he's talking about either. He probably never played football but was playing the flute in band from the sidelines during high school. lol. Yeah, let's take his advice/analysis. What a joke.

So did he rig the film? Did he super impose players on the All 22 to look open when they're not? Is he making Dak's feet move while throwing? Is he holding on to the ball too long? Like he says "if you don't want to hear my analysis just watch the tape on mute". The problem you have with him is that he's been saying this about Dak the whole off season and the first game justifies what he's been saying.

birdwells1

Reaction score
This is the same Dez apologist that did everything he could to show Dez was still Dez, and it was Dak and play calling that was Dez issues by only showing specific film.

Sooooo what did you think about the video, because that don't lie.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So did he rig the film? Did he super impose players on the All 22 to look open when they're not? Is he making Dak's feet move while throwing? Is he holding on to the ball too long? Like he says "if you don't want to hear my analysis just watch the tape on mute". The problem you have with him is that he's been saying this about Dak the whole off season and the first game justifies what he's been saying.
No because idiots like him don't take into account the circumstances happening in the pocket, how long it's taking the receivers to get open, were they open or not when Dak first looked at them before reading off his progression to another receiver, what was going on with the protection during that play and at whom was Dak looking at first since he's only got 1 pair of eyes, etc. It's obviously too hard for some people like Okoye to take everything into account other than to say, "Look, Hurns was open! Look, Beasley was open!" ...Etc, etc. Which tells me the dude probably never played football, especially QB. And if he did play football, he was either a bench warmer or the waterboy or worse.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is the same Dez apologist that did everything he could to show Dez was still Dez, and it was Dak and play calling that was Dez issues by only showing specific film.
Yep. The same Dez that no team has refused to pick up through free agency through today other than the Ravens and the Browns. lol

birdwells1

Reaction score
No because idiots like him don't take into account the circumstances happening in the pocket, how long it's taking the receivers to get open, were they open or not when Dak first looked at them before reading off his progression to another receiver, what was going on with the protection during that play and at whom was Dak looking at first since he's only got 1 pair of eyes, etc. It's obviously too hard for some people like Okoye to take everything into account other than to say, "Look, Hurns was open! Look, Beasley was open!" ...Etc, etc. Which tells me the dude probably never played football, especially QB. And if he did play football, he was either a bench warmer or the waterboy or worse.

I'm sorry, I don't know the guys background but I can tell you before seeing this video that Dak had a terrible game. He looked unsure of himself, he didn't help the oline, his ineffective passing allowed the Panthers to key on the running game. If Dak plays this game like an average NFL qb the Cowboys would have won.