Film of how Lance struggled so badly in preseason, the 49ers were forced to trade him

Merlin

Reaction score
Trey Lance has elite skills and didn't play much in college. He needs playing time. 8+ years of Dak and nothing to show for me. Not to mention that Try is still young. Like 23 or 24. There was a reason that the 49ers traded up to get him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Lance was extremely raw coming out of college.

But he has an absolute elite physical skill set and arm talent.

So I’m willing to see if he can be developed.

I’ll also add. He also won a championship. Yes at a lower college level. But still he has championship experience and was MVP in the championship game. Says something about his mental ability to handle pressure.

Cmac

Reaction score
Trey Lance has elite skills and didn't play much in college. He needs playing time. 8+ years of Dak and nothing to show for me. Not to mention that Try is still young. Like 23 or 24. There was a reason that the 49ers traded up to get him.
Based on this theory......I'm believing in Mazi now. Just have to wait another 2 or 3 years.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
rejkn9m.jpg

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Eh i thought jordan love sucked too, and now look at him
Exactly right. Colin said it’s like he missed the cut at the Valero Open then six weeks later went on to win the Masters by 12 shots.

I just have never seen a turn around of QB who just all if a sudden started to process things. That’s why you don’t give up on Lance…yet.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Has Lance even been given a chance? He sat behind Garoppolo then when he finally got the chance, he got hurt. SF went with Purdy and let Lance go because they already knew what they had in Purdy. Lance has not been allowed to show what he can do due to injuries and being a backup. I hope we can give him a chance or at the very least make him the 2nd QB if we are keeping Dak.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Has Lance even been given a chance? He sat behind Garoppolo then when he finally got the chance, he got hurt. SF went with Purdy and let Lance go because they already knew what they had in Purdy. Lance has not been allowed to show what he can do due to injuries and being a backup. I hope we can give him a chance or at the very least make him the 2nd QB if we are keeping Dak.
Exactly this. Lance needs reps. It’s still too early to tell in his development.

Chasing6

Reaction score
There was also a reason they traded him for a 4th round pick and no one else in the NFL was willing to give up more than a conditional pick for him.

BUST!!!

coogrfan

Reaction score
There's also a reason the Niners gave up on him. Just stop this nonsense.