Film of how Lance struggled so badly in preseason, the 49ers were forced to trade him

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
He also choose to sit out a year. Now if this was because he had to or get the Covid shot, I don't blame him. However he needed the development and game reps.
He was redshirted in 2018. I don't know what the reason was. I just feel one man's trash can be another man's treasure. We need to give him a look see.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Competition. Even if we sit at whatever draft position we're at, if there is a QB there or near, take him. Let's get the competition going around here.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Their is a reason Parcel's has his standards in drafting QB's.

1. Senior must graduate
2. 3 year starter
3. Must start 30 games and win at least 23
4. Must have 60%+ completion percentage
5. Must have a 2:1 TD/Int Ratio

No where does it saying anything about running ability, being an athlete, having a big arm or anything about having a lot of potential.

The things above are proof of maturity and success.

Trey Lance does not come anywhere close to meeting these requirements.

QB is an intellectual position first(that takes playing time to develop). An intellectual position 2nd. Then athletic ability becomes a factor.

For the Love of God how athletic was Tom Brady???

Chasing6

Reaction score
Because they thought Purdy was more ready now. That's the reason. It would be dumb not to find out what you have in Lance after trading for him.
So the realized potential athlete means nothing and they went with the guy that met actually Bill Parcel's requirements.

Interesting.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Has Lance even been given a chance? He sat behind Garoppolo then when he finally got the chance, he got hurt. SF went with Purdy and let Lance go because they already knew what they had in Purdy. Lance has not been allowed to show what he can do due to injuries and being a backup. I hope we can give him a chance or at the very least make him the 2nd QB if we are keeping Dak.
He had a chance in camp and both Purdy and Darnold beat him out. SF cut their losses and moved on.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Because they thought Purdy was more ready now. That's the reason. It would be dumb not to find out what you have in Lance after trading for him.
No. It was dumb trading for him.

It was dumb to not to consult your staff.

Let's triple down on stupid and make him the starter next year.

Or we could do an experiment. Let's put both Trey and Dak on the trade block and see what interest we get.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
He had a chance in camp and both Purdy and Darnold beat him out. SF cut their losses and moved on.
I thought it was due to what Purdy had done towards the end of the 2022 season. I didn't know he had gotten outright beaten out. So thanks. I might have to rethink.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Their is a reason Parcel's has his standards in drafting QB's.

1. Senior must graduate
2. 3 year starter
3. Must start 30 games and win at least 23
4. Must have 60%+ completion percentage
5. Must have a 2:1 TD/Int Ratio

No where does it saying anything about running ability, being an athlete, having a big arm or anything about having a lot of potential.

The things above are proof of maturity and success.

Trey Lance does not come anywhere close to meeting these requirements.

QB is an intellectual position first(that takes playing time to develop). An intellectual position 2nd. Then athletic ability becomes a factor.

For the Love of God how athletic was Tom Brady???
Mahomes?

Chasing6

Reaction score
He was redshirted in 2018. I don't know what the reason was. I just feel one man's trash can be another man's treasure. We need to give him a look see.
You can't learn the position by not playing. Luck played a lot in HS and in College - understands the game and has actually experience under his belt. Then sits and learns more from Rodgers. That makes sense.

Lance has never really played QB. He sat and watched in HS. Sat and watched in college. Now he is sitting and watching in the NFL.

This is like being a great athlete that plays a lot of Madden trying to start for America's team.

Idiotic.

There is a reason teams have Scouts and Directors of player personnel. Their was also a reason Jerry went around them.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Trey can't read defenses or process things quick enough. No wonder Jerry jumped to trade for him. He'll be right at home here.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Mahomes there for 8,000+ yards in HS. Lance threw for 800. Wake up!!!
I'm answering the Question proposed by Chasing 6. He said, Parcells didn't say anything about running, and that's what Mahomes is known for with 2 titles. So that old fashioned thinking is out the window. We're in 2024, not 1984. Wake up!

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
You can't learn the position by not playing. Luck played a lot in HS and in College - understands the game and has actually experience under his belt. Then sits and learns more from Rodgers. That makes sense.

Lance has never really played QB. He sat and watched in HS. Sat and watched in college. Now he is sitting and watching in the NFL.

This is like being a great athlete that plays a lot of Madden trying to start for America's team.

Idiotic.

There is a reason teams have Scouts and Directors of player personnel. Their was also a reason Jerry went around them.
I really can't disagree with much that you said. To be picked that high. I just don't get it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm answering the Question proposed by Chasing 6. He said, Parcells didn't say anything about running, and that's what Mahomes is known for with 2 titles. So that old fashioned thinking is out the window. We're in 2024, not 1984. Wake up!
But Mahomes met a majority of those requirements as well. If not all them.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Hey May have talent and potential, but this is not place to develop it. Go to Canada or the new USFL and get game experience.