Final Big Board

cnuball21

Reaction score
Final one heading into draft week, omitting the top prospects that will be off the board.

James
Smith
Edmunds
Vea
Payne
Hurst
Ridley
Ward
Hughes
Harold

10 dudes that I think have quality, 1st round grades and that could help our football team right out of the gate.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The only guy I'm really on the fence on is Davenport, as I don't really know what to think of him.

I've been harsh on him, and I'm warming up to him...I just don't know if we want a project in the top 20. He seems to have some great length and quality traits to be successful in the NFL but I don't think he really knows what he's doing. He rushes like a 3-4 LBr from a 2 point stance but will have to be an end and it's a bull rush 90% of the time. He's basically Taco with a little more athelticism and less technique against small schools.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Not bad. I would swap out a few guys & replace with say Wynn. I don't think you are wrong at all to be skeptical of Davenport. A mid round, let's see what you can become kinda pick to me. I'm not sold on any of the edge rushers. Think they all sorta fit into that slot to be honest.

I don't have a lot of true first round grades in this draft. But think it is chock full of 2-4. See potential for some of those to be better in the pros than their draft position.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Not bad. I would swap out a few guys & replace with say Wynn. I don't think you are wrong at all to be skeptical of Davenport. A mid round, let's see what you can become kinda pick to me. I'm not sold on any of the edge rushers. Think they all sorta fit into that slot to be honest.

I don't have a lot of true first round grades in this draft. But think it is chock full of 2-4. See potential for some of those to be better in the pros than their draft position.

I like Wynn, just at the bottom of the 1st or early 2nd not inside the top 20.

I think you can still get a starting G in the 2nd or 3rd due to the value of the position.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I would feel better about taking Wynn later but if the clock was running out I could take Wynn & still feel good. Hughes, Harold & Hurst not so much.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I would feel better about taking Wynn later but if the clock was running out I could take Wynn & still feel good. Hughes, Harold & Hurst not so much.

I could understand the argument behind not wanting a CB or DE in the 1st, but from a talent and value perspective I think Hughes and Harold would be great picks.

I'm huge on Hurst, but I'm not going down that debate train as I've beaten it to death on here lol...

cowboyec

Reaction score
The only guy I'm really on the fence on is Davenport, as I don't really know what to think of him.

I've been harsh on him, and I'm warming up to him...I just don't know if we want a project in the top 20. He seems to have some great length and quality traits to be successful in the NFL but I don't think he really knows what he's doing. He rushes like a 3-4 LBr from a 2 point stance but will have to be an end and it's a bull rush 90% of the time. He's basically Taco with a little more athelticism and less technique against small schools.
I dont think you're wrong on Davenport....and in honesty,the only reason Im smitten is because he's 6'7...and runs like a deer.
If this team is about to move on from David Irving,he would make a nice replacement.
As much as Id LOVE for him to be our pick,our DL needs Payne or Hurst more.
But DAMN......6'7.

cowboyec

Reaction score
from your list Im hopin we get Edmunds,Payne or Hurst.

cnuball21

Reaction score
from your list Im hopin we get Edmunds,Payne or Hurst.

Hey I'd be happy with any of them...I think we're in a good spot to land a great defender with the rush we'll see on QBs and teams reaching for OLs.

Hopefully - Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Nelson and Williams all go. Add in Barkley and Ridley and that's about half of the players taken before us on the offensive side of the ball.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Final one heading into draft week, omitting the top prospects that will be off the board.

James
Smith
Edmunds
Vea
Payne
Hurst
Ridley
Ward
Hughes
Harold

10 dudes that I think have quality, 1st round grades and that could help our football team right out of the gate.
Wow. I really like James, Ward, Payne, Vea, Smith, and If Harold is Harold Landry
I like him too!
I've heard great things about Hughes.
I'll have to look him up on youtube.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I dont think you're wrong on Davenport....and in honesty,the only reason Im smitten is because he's 6'7...and runs like a deer.
If this team is about to move on from David Irving,he would make a nice replacement.
As much as Id LOVE for him to be our pick,our DL needs Payne or Hurst more.
But DAMN......6'7.
Eric I have a question

Davenport would likely be a LE
Hurst would best fit the 3T spot

Why in your opinion does our team need Hurst much more than Davenport?

I have no skin in the game as I dont like Hurst nor Davenport at 19.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Eric I have a question

I think Collins is average at best and is hurting us against the run.

While I Love Irving, he's not a 3T only and I think he can be our top backup across the DL and still get a ton of snaps.

It's really hard to find DTs that are good against the run and pass, and Hurst is.

As long as he doesn't show up at the combine around 275 with 30 inch arms I'm on board.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I think Collins is average at best and is hurting us against the run.

While I Love Irving, he's not a 3T only and I think he can be our top backup across the DL and still get a ton of snaps.

It's really hard to find DTs that are good against the run and pass, and Hurst is.

As long as he doesn't show up at the combine around 275 with 30 inch arms I'm on board.

Cnu you know that you and I share the same view on Collins.

Where is Irvings best spot if not 3T? He's an optimal 3T IMO.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Eric I have a question

I personally prefer Davenport...I think he fits what they like and if Irving is moved,he is the perfect replacement for him.
But Irving is still here and our line,at this moment needs a DT...Payne is ideal but personally I dont believe they will take a 1T....Hurst is more in line with what they like.
Thats why I said Hurst.
If Davenport is on the board....he is my preference.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I personally prefer Davenport...I think he fits what they like and if Irving is moved,he is the perfect replacement for him.
But Irving is still here and our line,at this moment needs a DT...Payne is ideal but personally I dont believe they will take a 1T....Hurst is more in line with what they like.
Thats why I said Hurst.
If Davenport is on the board....he is my preference.
Honest and fair response. As I expect from you.

Understood.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Cnu you know that you and I share the same view on Collins.

Where is Irvings best spot if not 3T? He's an optimal 3T IMO.

I don't really know because they don't keep him anywhere lol...

Just let him keep rotating and causing havoc.