Final nail in the coffin for Mo as a Cowboy?

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Carr is so underrated here. Give me reliability and consistency over flashes
Carr is consistant?
giphy.gif

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
We simply can't depend on him. Doesn't need to be back as anything other than a filler at a rock bottom salary.

Someone will take a chance on him. That someone needs to not be Dallas.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
He was given every chance to prove himself here. Injuries are a part of the game, no more 1 year "prove it" deals. He had a year to prove it, didn't do jack **** but get hurt again. Cut bait. Don't make the same mistake we made during the "Lost Boys" Parcells era of Cowboys football by keeping these losers around that have never done anything.
We should have gotten rid of Lee too with all his injuries?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
IMO, you simply cannot go into next season with basically the same Top 4 CBs, which is what you seem to be suggesting.

Werent they just rated as PFF best secondary in the NFL?

Improve the DL and they will look better. They drew the hottest QB in the NFL and came out rusty for a qtr and a half. Tough loss-- but GB and Rodgers deserve some credit too lol

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
I hope he is gone. Good or bad, healthy or not he will get paid and he will make no difference without a pass rush. Give me another 6th rounder with speed please and throw in anyone playing defensive end for Alabama.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Agreed. One year, fairly team friendly deal.

He might just be a progress stopper at this point.

He'll definitely make the roster, beating out somebody the team could develop, and then ultimately not be there when it really counts.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I don't want him back at any price. He'll only be a progress stopper to someone who can actually stay on the field. Seriously, why do you keep someone that can't play in 40%+ games?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I sign him in a heart beat.......he has shut down talent but is brittle

4/20m ......8m guaranteed unless he gets hurt again

Sydla

Reaction score
Werent they just rated as PFF best secondary in the NFL?

Improve the DL and they will look better. They drew the hottest QB in the NFL and came out rusty for a qtr and a half. Tough loss-- but GB and Rodgers deserve some credit too lol

One, I tend to not put a ton of faith in what PFF claims. Their rankings always show silly stuff. They seem to be the anomaly that had the secondary so high. Football Outsiders had our pass D rated around 20th.

It's foolish to just roll the same 4 cornerbacks out there next year. As silly as thinking cast offs and bargain bin DEs were going to rack up sacks. This team needs changes at DE and in the secondary.

The Natural

Reaction score
We should have gotten rid of Lee too with all his injuries?
It goes without saying when a player produces, or flashes elite potential you ride with them through injuries. I didn't even think I would have to make that point. Lee in his second season posted 104 tackles and 4 interceptions. Morris Claiborne has 4 interceptions in his 5 year career. Cut bait.

Sydla

Reaction score
He might just be a progress stopper at this point.

He'll definitely make the roster, beating out somebody the team could develop, and then ultimately not be there when it really counts.

The progress stopper thing always cracks me up. Like how a Robert Ayers would prevent someone like Jack Crawford from developing. Or Benson Mayowa.

For the right price, I bring him back. His talent is worth the risk IMO, especially if it's cheap. He was our best CB when healthy this year.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Mo is gone. Has to be. But this coaching staff often values their "comfort" with a player over everything else.