Final nail in the coffin for Mo as a Cowboy?

perrykemp

Reaction score
Claiborne missed 9 more games with a groin this season.

He finally came back in the playoffs against the Packers and managed to exit the game with an entirely different injury -- a shoulder.

I've been somewhat on the fence on wanting Mo to come back, however, at this point I wonder if the Cowboy have reached the point where they have to completely write him off as too unreliable to keep on the roster.

Agree or disagree?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I may sign him to another 1 year deal... I also enjoyed Carr's season. Give me some guys who play every snap that I can depend on... Brandon showed me a ton of heart this year.

If he's willing to go with a cap friendly deal-- I would bring Carr back as well. Add more guys in the draft as well.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

He finally came back in the playoffs against the Packers and managed to exit the game with an entirely different injury -- a shoulder.

I've been somewhat on the fence on wanting Mo to come back, however, at this point I wonder if the Cowboy have reached the point where they have to completely write him off as too unreliable to keep on the roster.

Agree or disagree?
Fully agree. He is CFL material. Maybe not that.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
I may sign him to another 1 year deal... I also enjoyed Carr's season. Give me some guys who play every snap that I can depend on... Brandon showed me a ton of heart this year.

If he's willing to go with a cap friendly deal-- I would bring Carr back as well. Add more guys in the draft as well.

Isn't Carr still under contract. Yep, he's not a turnover machine but he's dependable for sure.

Mo, I would've said yes to bringing him back if the price is right. But some other team will take a flier on him and overspend. I'm glad we got Brown!

Sydla

Reaction score

Agree or disagree?

He was playing well and I wanted him back. But definitely, he seems like a guy that's going to burn you in the future with injury after injury.

It's a tough call. Depends on his price. I think I'd still want him back over Carr.

The Natural

Reaction score
He was given every chance to prove himself here. Injuries are a part of the game, no more 1 year "prove it" deals. He had a year to prove it, didn't do jack **** but get hurt again. Cut bait. Don't make the same mistake we made during the "Lost Boys" Parcells era of Cowboys football by keeping these losers around that have never done anything.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
We can only hope. coaches put him out there like he was Mel Blount, had 9 weeks of rust. Best ability is availability. Never healthy.

Sydla

Reaction score

IMO, you simply cannot go into next season with basically the same Top 4 CBs, which is what you seem to be suggesting.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I can't figure out why a CB who is that rusty and coming off a major injury is starting. He was getting beat quite a bit before he went out.

Brown played well all season, he should of started and moved inside on third downs.

Of coarse Dallas' coaches still think Jones is good in man coverage so what else should we expect.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Agree or disagree?

You simply cannot rely on this guy.

In his six-year career he's missed 41% of the available games (80) he could have played in.

The only way I sign him is to a 1-year deal.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Agree or disagree?

I was of the same opinion. But I think that he and a few other guys - like Bambi Butler - played themselves off of this team.