Final play will go down as one of the most embarrassing in NFL history

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
That was 100% on Dak I think he was reading the play and saw a run and thought he could get a 20 yard chance instead of 40 yards. He should have giving the ball to a ref instead of put it where he was.

Agreed. Dak brain farted

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn't have a problem with the play. Honestly I could argue that play is exactly why the NFL should change to college rules and stop the clock on 1st down.

You shouldn't have a rule that the official can bumble his way just to touch the ball where the offense can't run a play.

Anyways, play was fine but Dak needed to go about 5 yards shorter just to make sure there is time.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Dumb play call for sure. But what the ref got away with was a travesty. Had he not ran into Dak and knocked him forward THEN compound it by goofing around with the ball another second before he got it set ...we get that play off in time easy. Our team didnt deserve to win this game,....but I hate being ROBBED out of the chance to win on the last play.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Dak was completely lost. The way he slid was like he thought the clock was going to stop on the 1st down like college. If you run, you take a quick knee to get down fast so it also positions yourself easily to get up. This guy actually slides into the 49ers defenders, which would take time to get up.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I didn't have a problem with the play. Honestly I could argue that play is exactly why the NFL should change to college rules and stop the clock on 1st down.

You shouldn't have a rule that the official can bumble his way just to touch the ball where the offense can't run a play.

Anyways, play was fine but Dak needed to go about 5 yards shorter just to make sure there is time.
I wonder if we could have told the ref what we were planning so he could be ready and get down there.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Dumb play call for sure. But what the ref got away with was a travesty. Had he not ran into Dak and knocked him forward THEN compound it by goofing around with the ball another second before he got it set ...we get that play off in time easy. Our team didnt deserve to win this game,....but I hate being ROBBED out of the chance to win on the last play.
Twice the refs jobbed us on clock management. But man we didn’t deserve this game.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Its mind boggling how a desperation play with 14 seconds left is deemed the worst play ever , not the 75,675 penalties before that lead to it or the endless drops .
This fan base is a clown show . I hate it only a notch under the ego maniac Jerry .

strollinruss

Reaction score
Pretty much braindead stupidity from everybody here involved in that final play.
A designed QB run with 10 seconds on the clock in the middle of the field instead of taking 2 hail mary shots.
Cowboys probably would have lost anyways but this play just symbolizes the state of the franchise in the last 25 years.
Dang I hate to agree with you but I must

sideon

Reaction score
The ref was no where in sight.
Doesn't matter, The play can't begin until he touches the ball. Dak messed up by trying to run with only 14secs left.
People like you are exactly why other people can't stand Cowboys fans. He ran into Dak because Dak stupidly gave the ball to his center, and the official has to get to the ball as quickly as possible. Dak shouldn't have run in the first place which is what led to the final outcome, along with al the dumb plays, bad throws, and dropped passes.

strollinruss

Reaction score

I’ve always thought the clock should stop on first down under say 330 to go or something

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Pretty much braindead stupidity from everybody here involved in that final play.
A designed QB run with 10 seconds on the clock in the middle of the field instead of taking 2 hail mary shots.
Cowboys probably would have lost anyways but this play just symbolizes the state of the franchise in the last 25 years.

This is the Jerry Jones Cowboys. You mean the most embarrassing loss in NFL history so far.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
My phone blew up w non-Cowboys fans asking me WTH that was

jimmy40

Reaction score
the ball should have been moved back to the 26 where he started his slide and where the line judge was set up, the ref did Dallas a favor not moving it back that far.