Final play will go down as one of the most embarrassing in NFL history

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
Dumb play call for sure. But what the ref got away with was a travesty. Had he not ran into Dak and knocked him forward THEN compound it by goofing around with the ball another second before he got it set ...we get that play off in time easy. Our team didnt deserve to win this game,....but I hate being ROBBED out of the chance to win on the last play.

Lol you are one if those fans. That was not on the ref. Dak has to know where the ref is. He simply forgot the ref has to set the ball before the play van be snapped. Did you want the ref to run around the end of the OLine to get to the ball? The 160 pound ref is trying to move through research giant men to get to the ball.

The play should have never happened. Dak decided to run in the worst situation to run. Sums up Dak perfectly.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Pretty much braindead stupidity from everybody here involved in that final play.
A designed QB run with 10 seconds on the clock in the middle of the field instead of taking 2 hail mary shots.
Cowboys probably would have lost anyways but this play just symbolizes the state of the franchise in the last 25 years.
I am wondering the thought process behind the call?
Hope the media ask coach Mac about it.

silvernblu

Reaction score
I can’t accept what happened still. The league needs to call them all back out and run one more play. Like the pine tar game.

I don’t see why they can’t do that.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Dak and Kellen lost the game the previous drive. To have the ball at midfield, at home, with over 2 mins and 3 TOs and you turn the ball over on downs?!?!

THAT is an even worse failure than a last gasp desperate cluster-cuss play to finish a sloppy game.
Agreed, the game was already over barring a miracle

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I can’t accept what happened still. The league needs to call them all back out and run one more play. Like the pine tar game.

I don’t see why they can’t do that.
Why can't you see it was an idiotic play by Dak and they don't make special exceptions just because you root for him.

Grenic

Reaction score
"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"

---Dink Pratfall
He never did

silvernblu

Reaction score
Why can't you see it was an idiotic play by Dak and they don't make special exceptions just because you root for him.
Dak sucks. But that was not an idiotic play. I’m sure they practiced it many times. Except for a ref that tried to stop them.

dfense

Reaction score
Pretty much braindead stupidity from everybody here involved in that final play.
A designed QB run with 10 seconds on the clock in the middle of the field instead of taking 2 hail mary shots.
Cowboys probably would have lost anyways but this play just symbolizes the state of the franchise in the last 25 years.
This game was lost way before that. Like in the 1st quarter.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Well, it's on Prescot too, because he should have changed the play at the line. Brady and Rogers would have............................

silvernblu

Reaction score
Well, it's on Prescot too, because he should have changed the play at the line. Brady and Rogers would have............................

Yeah. You have to expect a ref to take 9 seconds to spot the ball in that situation.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Dak sucks. But that was not an idiotic play. I’m sure they practiced it many times. Except for a ref that tried to stop them.
Obviously the did NOT practice it otherwise they would have realized the ref needs to set the ball.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I agree, that was pretty stupid. And I wonder who called it. McCarthy? Dak? Moore?

It definitely looked designed with how quickly he took off. I think it was either the play call or Dak was told hey if you see this immediately take off. Should have been 2 shots.

mmohican29

Reaction score
That was 100% on Dak I think he was reading the play and saw a run and thought he could get a 20 yard chance instead of 40 yards. He should have giving the ball to a ref instead of put it where he was.

Seriously this play... either way... is not really worth crucifying Dak over.

We had one play left either way with 1% to 4% chance for success. The game was lost when Gregory got the 2nd holding call.