Finely "I get the vibe a lot of Commanders veterans wont play this weekend"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Commies are tanking for the number 2 pick. We might be resting starters by halftime. :muttley:
We also might end up in a dogfight that could come down to the 4th quarter. You won’t be laughing if that happens. I just hope the team isn’t taking Washington as lightly as a lot of the fans are. It’s like some of you just started following the Cowboys. They haven’t beaten anyone convincingly since week 14. I don’t think this game will be as easy as some of you think. The last time I remember the Cowboys clinching the NFC East on the road was back in the 90s.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I hope it’s over by halftime and we can put in backups. I want to see how our run game works with backups and they all actually try..
I hate games like this. It’s like playing your starters in an exhibition game. Remember what we did to Philadelphia two years ago and then we played San Francisco and they destroyed us up front. It’s like going from an exhibition game to a playoff game. It took us a half to adjust to San Francisco.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
We also might end up in a dogfight that could come down to the 4th quarter. You won’t be laughing if that happens. I just hope the team isn’t taking Washington as lightly as a lot of the fans are. It’s like some of you just started following the Cowboys. They haven’t beaten anyone convincingly since week 14.

The team shouldn't take the Commanders lightly as some of the fans might. Neither should they be pessimistic about their chances in the playoffs. Since some are already chalking up games against certain teams to a loss.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The team shouldn't take the Commanders lightly as some of the fans might. Neither should they be pessimistic about their chances in the playoffs. Since some are already chalking up games against certain teams to a loss.
I don’t think the team will take Washington lightly, they have a division title on the line and a home playoff game. However, the fans keep falling into the same trap of marking down wins.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I hate games like this. It’s like playing your starters in an exhibition game. Remember what we did to Philadelphia two years ago and then we played San Francisco and they destroyed us up front. It’s like going from an exhibition game to a playoff game. It took us a half to adjust to San Francisco.
Yeah I get it. We need to keep flowing but dont want injuries either. I hope we jump in them early and take out starters one by one and let’s see other players get going. We have Pollard and are saving Dowdle to heal. Malik is back so he needs reps and so does Luepke. I dont want Dak in there with backup O-Line but they need reps with first team.. Doubt we see Lance..

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I don't see how vets would be happy with that, many probably have bonuses to earn. And the NFL won't be happy either if you make it THAT obvious you don't want to win. They'll play and they'll play hard
teams have rested/tanked for years but I suspect if we benefit, every talk show will whine about it for a week.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If I were the GM I'd tell the HC to sit them all. Lets the backups play and show what they have. Start getting ready for next year and next HC.
I have a feeling this is exactly what's been communicated. Riveria's fate is already decided. They know they have the No.2 or 3 spots locked up which puts them in line to draft their first franchise QB since RG3. No way in hell they are going to screw that up........

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah I get it. We need to keep flowing but dont want injuries either. I hope we jump in them early and take out starters one by one and let’s see other players get going. We have Pollard and are saving Dowdle to heal. Malik is back so he needs reps and so does Luepke. I dont want Dak in there with backup O-Line but they need reps with first team.. Doubt we see Lance..
We are playing this game like a playoff game. To much at stake. I just heard two talking head idiots saying the Cowboys would be better of playing at Tampa then Rams/Packers. :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Washington fans want the second pick. Washington management want the second pick.
Washington players want the second pick. Yes, they do. They know they need a top QB or WR.
Exactly........stop putting lipstick on a pig. It is what it is ...........LOL

Flamma

Reaction score
If the tables were reversed, how many here would be happy if the Cowboys beat the Washington Commies in an utterly meaningless game, and in doing so, dropped from pick #2 to pick #6 or 7? Lose out on one of the top two QBs or best WR Harrison.

Be honest.

Washington fans want the second pick. Washington management want the second pick.
Washington players want the second pick. Yes, they do. They know they need a top QB or WR.
If the coach wins this game, it's a fireable offense. Just do like Doug Pederson.

Flamma

Reaction score
We are playing this game like a playoff game. To much at stake. I just heard two talking head idiots saying the Cowboys would be better of playing at Tampa then Rams/Packers. :facepalm: :rolleyes:
They should wear bags over their heads when talking about football.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have a feeling this is exactly what's been communicated. Riveria's fate is already decided. They know they have the No.2 or 3 spots locked up which puts them in line to draft their first franchise QB since RG3. No way in hell they are going to screw that up........
They might just let us run it in from the 5 yard line untouched.

stiletto

Reaction score
We also might end up in a dogfight that could come down to the 4th quarter. You won’t be laughing if that happens. I just hope the team isn’t taking Washington as lightly as a lot of the fans are. It’s like some of you just started following the Cowboys. They haven’t beaten anyone convincingly since week 14. I don’t think this game will be as easy as some of you think. The last time I remember the Cowboys clinching the NFC East on the road was back in the 90s.
I get where you are coming from. It'll be embarrassing though if the Cowboys lose this game any way you spin it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well if we can’t run (which we seem to not even be trying to improve). And can’t stop the run then we better have some big plays and catch breaks. It can happen. We can get up on a team quick. Just like the other teams, there weaknesses have been figured out..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I get where you are coming from. It'll be embarrassing though if the Cowboys lose this game any way you spin it.
It would go down as one of the all-time embarrassments in franchise history. To lose to a 4-12 team with a division title on the line would turn Cowboys Nation upside down especially considering the Cowboys destroyed Washington earlier in the season. A loss would be the ultimate choke job.