Finely "I get the vibe a lot of Commanders veterans wont play this weekend"

glimmerman

Reaction score
We stop the run well enough. We bolted up Miami and Detroit's run games up without Hankins. Both teams are top 4 run teams in the league.

Our run game on the other hand scares me to death. Our run scheme is horrible.
We got away from power run. These guys can power run block and pass protect. But coaches keep changing stuff.. MM was never really a run first guy.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think it makes sense for them to play young players who need the reps or need to show whether they are worth keeping, esp. in the roles they have been playing. But when winning is pretty much meaningless, and actually means you get a worse pick, it makes sense to sit veterans who already have proven their worth. They've got nothing they need to show.
Yeah, I know the Cowboys drive the ratings but Washington has no chance. I am hearing the Commanders will not only fire the head coach but will get rid of some of their good players as well. They want a clean rebuild from ground up. Supposedly they are going to change the name again. :laugh:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We can’t allow them to hang around. If Washington keeps it within 10 points heading into the 4th quarter that’s when it could become pretty nerve racking because one big play and they’re within striking distance. Once we get them by the throat we need to finish them off.
Lol lol lol I was dropping my son off to practice thinking this. Hopefully we can have a good lead so we can rest our guys, but if they begin to creep back in, what the hell do we do? Put the starters back in

stiletto

Reaction score
We can’t allow them to hang around. If Washington keeps it within 10 points heading into the 4th quarter that’s when it could become pretty nerve racking because one big play and they’re within striking distance. Once we get them by the throat we need to finish them off.
You seem nervous about this one. Interesting. I figure either way, we are in the playoffs. It might not exactly be the best thing to not play the NFC South winner in the first round but that's just me....

sjmike

Reaction score
It would go down as one of the all-time embarrassments in franchise history. To lose to a 4-12 team with a division title on the line would turn Cowboys Nation upside down especially considering the Cowboys destroyed Washington earlier in the season. A loss would be the ultimate choke job.
Do you ever have anything positive to say about the Cowboys?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We got away from power run. These guys can power run block and pass protect. But coaches keep changing stuff.. MM was never really a run first guy.
:hammer:Teams are zoning us to death on the back end. Then run twists and stunts to rush the passer we have to figure the run game out for the playoffs.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If the tables were reversed, how many here would be happy if the Cowboys beat the Washington Commies in an utterly meaningless game, and in doing so, dropped from pick #2 to pick #6 or 7? Lose out on one of the top two QBs or best WR Harrison.

Be honest.

Washington fans want the second pick. Washington management want the second pick.
Washington players want the second pick. Yes, they do. They know they need a top QB or WR.
Unless you are the current WR or QB on the team. Would you want to lose knowing it would mean your replacement was going to drafted and that no teams would be interested in you after you are released because you quit? Getting the #2 pick doesn't mean anything to half the players and the entire coaching staff who are all going to be gone next year anyway.

stiletto

Reaction score
He's just a

uo_1614088242-6436-5.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You seem nervous about this one. Interesting. I figure either way, we are in the playoffs. It might not exactly be the best thing to not play the NFC South winner in the first round but that's just me....
I’m nervous because of our road struggles and because anytime we have the division title on the line in the final game on the road it hasn’t gone well for us. Washington has always been a tough place for the Cowboys to win when they have a lot on the line. I think we’ll win the game but I could see it going sideways if we get off to a bad start and have to play from behind. That’s led to disaster on the road this season. I’m not real comfortable with the way the Cowboys are currently playing.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Commies are tanking for the number 2 pick. We might be resting starters by halftime. :muttley:
The Commanders would be smart to tank Sunday's game in order to secure that 2nd overall 2024 draft pick, then use it to draft Washington Huskies QB, Michael Penix, Jr. That young man tore apart the Texas Longhorns.

Flamma

Reaction score
That's considering only the first round. If you look at SB probabilities, there's a greater chance from the number 2 seed. There's almost 0 chance from the number 5 seed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I had a lot of positive things to say about the team when they were winning championships in the 90s. Not sure how long you’ve been following the Cowboys but like many longtime fans I’ve lost faith in the organization. Although the team has had a solid regular season I’m not sold on this current team. I see a lot of chinks. However, I continue to maintain hope.

stiletto

Reaction score
That's considering only the first round. If you look at SB probabilities, there's a greater chance from the number 2 seed. There's almost 0 chance from the number 5 seed.
Yup, would rather be 2 seed but why do we have to seal that up with a LAST game in Washington? Not exactly inspiring of hope.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Unless you are the current WR or QB on the team. Would you want to lose knowing it would mean your replacement was going to drafted and that no teams would be interested in you after you are released because you quit? Getting the #2 pick doesn't mean anything to half the players and the entire coaching staff who are all going to be gone next year anyway.
Agreed. That entire Washington coaching staff is looking for jobs next season, I doubt they want “not caring” to be any part of their resume. The new owners will not endear themselves to anyone by overtly, or covertly, allowing the team to lose. It’s more likely the Eagles, playing on the notoriously bad turf at MetLife, back it down, don’t risk injuries on that surface, as a Cowboys loss is highly unlikely, so Philly actually has nothing to gain with a win or lose with a loss.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
that is fear based thinking

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If you are QB Howell, would you want to throw to WR Harrison Jr or some other WR?

Do you really think another team is going to want QB Howell if he screwed the previous organization out of a high pick and a couple hundred million of lost revenue?

Howell knows his job is to lose without making it look obvious. Whether Howell does what he is supposed to do or goes rogue and screws Washington is the question.