Finely "I get the vibe a lot of Commanders veterans wont play this weekend"

rambo2

Reaction score
They might finally get a qb with that 2nd pick.

stiletto

Reaction score
It would go down as one of the all-time embarrassments in franchise history. To lose to a 4-12 team with a division title on the line would turn Cowboys Nation upside down especially considering the Cowboys destroyed Washington earlier in the season. A loss would be the ultimate choke job.
I get it. Hopefully Rush is taking snaps by 3rd qtr if only for the health of our starters for the playoffs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I get it. Hopefully Rush is taking snaps by 3rd qtr if only for the health of our starters for the playoffs.
Even if we had a 28 point lead they probably wouldn’t take the starters out until the 4th quarter. We have to make absolutely sure nothing crazy happens. It’s not like Dan Quinn’s defenses have never coughed up a big lead.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cool mudstomp the Commodes to halftime, then sit your main guys. Heck, I don't want CeeDee to even play.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Interesting that they are playing Howell. Sam stands to gain the most with a win. It does appear Allen and Samuels will miss the game though.
I think it makes sense for them to play young players who need the reps or need to show whether they are worth keeping, esp. in the roles they have been playing. But when winning is pretty much meaningless, and actually means you get a worse pick, it makes sense to sit veterans who already have proven their worth. They've got nothing they need to show.

stiletto

Reaction score
Even if we had a 28 point lead they probably wouldn’t take the starters out until the 4th quarter. We have to make absolutely sure nothing crazy happens. It’s not like Dan Quinn’s defenses have never coughed up a big lead.
Can't argue with you there. I have pretty much zero faith in DQ's defenses. It will probably be some kind of dumb INT in the 4th qtr win for the Defense in a game that should've been wrapped up 2 1/2 qtrs before.

J_Allen

Reaction score
I don't care who's playing, if we let them hang around and it's a one score game with 2 minutes left then Dan Quinn will work his magic. So like I said another post, we have to blow them out so he doesn't get an opportunity to do what he loves doing. Same with mccarthy. It's a one-two punch. He'll give them plenty of time and then Quinn will roll out the red carpet.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Well if we can’t run (which we seem to not even be trying to improve). And can’t stop the run then we better have some big plays and catch breaks. It can happen. We can get up on a team quick. Just like the other teams, there weaknesses have been figured out..
We stop the run well enough. We bolted up Miami and Detroit's run games up without Hankins. Both teams are top 4 run teams in the league.

Our run game on the other hand scares me to death. Our run scheme is horrible.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can't argue with you there. I have pretty much zero faith in DQ's defenses. It will probably be some kind of dumb INT in the 4th qtr win for the Defense in a game that should've been wrapped up 2 1/2 qtrs before.
We can’t allow them to hang around. If Washington keeps it within 10 points heading into the 4th quarter that’s when it could become pretty nerve racking because one big play and they’re within striking distance. Once we get them by the throat we need to finish them off. We have to be prepared for everything, including flea flickers and fake punts. With nothing to lose I expect them to throw caution to the wind.