Finish the Defense, go get the two Ram's fa's!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Defense has upgraded their #2 corner position, probably will draft a future starter to improve the depth yr 1.

It's time to fix our run defense and their are two free agents who can get that fixed next year:

Bobby Wagner
A'Shaun Robinson

Wagner despite his age, is still considered an elite run stopping MLB. Believe he was the highest rated MLB in the entire league last season.

Robinson has always been a terrific run defender. One of the best in the entire league.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m all for adding talent to the team but I won’t forget the fact that our defense held the Niners to 1 TD and 19 points, and 312 total yards…….I’d like to see the offense get some help next if we dive further into meaningful free agency

Beaker42

Reaction score
I’m all for adding talent to the team but I won’t forget the fact that our defense held the Niners to 1 TD and 19 points, and 312 total yards…….I’d like to see the offense get some help next if we dive further into meaningful free agency
Oh, gotcha - so QB at 26 then because THAT was the difference in that game. A freaking rookie Mr.Irrelevant outplayed our $100mil per guy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

We need our QB to not go in a shell.

That would help our offense more than any piece we could bring in.

shabazz

Reaction score
Oh, gotcha - so QB at 26 then because THAT was the difference in that game. A freaking rookie Mr.Irrelevant outplayed our $100mil per guy.

agree 100%……that’s why they should be looking to put pro bowlers at every position on offense to help the little fellow succeed, lol

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Wagner and Robinson are asking for 10+ million and probably want multi-year deals. All teams are signing guys to 1 year deals this off-season.

Eventually, Wagner and Robinson will settle. Considering the massive cap space we have now, we are as likely a landing spot as any.

offlimits

Reaction score
My guess is, he wants a multiple year contract, where Dallas wants a 1yr deal due to the contract extensions coming up next offseason.
Probably the case. We will see what happens going forward. His agent might settle for a 1-year deal.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd love both these players on the Cowboys defense. That moves this good unit into the elite category. Go Cowboys

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Defense has upgraded their #2 corner position, probably will draft a future starter to improve the depth yr 1.

It's time to fix our run defense and their are two free agents who can get that fixed next year:

Bobby Wagner
A'Shaun Robinson

Wagner despite his age, is still considered an elite run stopping MLB. Believe he was the highest rated MLB in the entire league last season.

Robinson has always been a terrific run defender. One of the best in the entire league.
i doubt we have money for both of them. but i’d love to have Robinson

shabazz

Reaction score
...but how much help does Dak always seem to need before the team realizes Dak is the problem?
Well, they know they can’t ditch him this season so really no alternative but to get him all they can afford to

if the NFC wasn’t so historically weak, the Cowboys wouldn’t stand a chance with #4 next season.

watch next years game against the Jets when our defense holds Rodgers and company to under 20 points and we still can’t beat them……it will be everybody’s else’s fault but Raynes……better hope we have a baller that can kick a lot of field goals.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Well, they know they can’t ditch him this season so really no alternative but to get him all they can afford to

if the NFC wasn’t so historically weak, the Cowboys wouldn’t stand a chance with #4 next season.

watch next years game against the Jets when our defense holds Rodgers and company to under 20 points and we still can’t beat them……it will be everybody’s else’s fault but Raynes.
Hence better to solidify the defense. In 2021 Dak had Cooper/Gallup/Wilson at the WR spots, Schultz at TE, and Zeke/Pollard at RB's with an OL that most had ranked within the Top 5....the complaint then was about the defense but the Dallas defense was ranked 7th in PPG at 21.1 and the 2021 Dallas defense held SF to 23 points (7 of which was due to a Dak INT in Dallas own zone) but Dak could only lead Dallas to 7 points until 11:53 of the 4th quarter just like the 2022 Dallas defense held SF to 19 points (6 of which was due to 2 Dak INT's) while Dak could only lead Dallas to 9 points until 11:03 of the 4th quarter.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
Same defense that choked double digit leads to Jacksonville and Green Bay. Had they held them to the season average of points allowed, we're the No. 1 seed and potentially Super Bowl champions.